• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Top Gear [UK version]

CharlesTheHammer

Bluelighter
I just started watching BBC America a year or so ago, and that's when I discovered Top Gear. Its basically a car show, but its also very funny, and would be enjoyable by anyone, even non car-people.

Its a comedy show, and it lasts an hour. They do 2 seasons per year, and are on their 17th season I believe.

Its so popular, that its shown not only in UK, but in Australia, South Africa, and the US and other countries. They have a regular, standard per episode audience of at least 300 million watchers!

So now, there are new versions of Top Gear popping up in other countries. The History channel now has the American Top Gear, and Australia has its own Top Gear, and I think there are other Top Gear shows in other countries, but none as popular as the UK version.

They routinely test sports cars and super cars on their own track, using their own racing driver, although nobody actually knows who that driver is, because he wears a white racing suit, and a full face helmet with the dark reflective visor always down, and he doesnt ever talk either. They just call him "The Stig"

Then they have a regular portion of their show called "Star in a reasonably priced car".... In this, they have a reasonably priced small car, which is stock, except for roll bars and a racing harness. They then invite different celebrities to come on the show, they are then coached by "the Stig" on how to drive the car around their race track as fast as possible. They get several practice laps, then their best lap time is clocked, and it is put onto a leader board and compared with other celebrities' lap times.

Their are 3 regular hosts on the show, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May. They often have interesting and odd races and competitions on different episodes.

All in all, its a very well made, interesting, and funny show that even people who dont particularly like cars will enjoy....

Have you seen it?

Do you like the American version(if you've seen it)?

Hate it because it made me see how epic Jeff goldbloom isn't... :(

Soooo good, I love British humor

God damn that American version they did on the history channel was the biggest joke

Top Gear is the top rated show in the world, week by week, for a very good reason. It's ostensibly a car show, but the presenter's abilities to convey so much more than car information to the audience attracts those that don't have the slightest bit of interest in autos. They're able to bring the viewer into the shot, to vicariously drive a supercar through the austrian alps, ride a motorbike the length of vietnam, or race a bullettrain the breadth of japan. The comedic aspects of the show are award worthy in their own right, the deep belly laughs on the caravan episode or the boat car episodes is truly hard to match in television today. I've had the opportunity to share this show with a number of people, and there are few that dislike it. Few shows replicate the genuine fun that this show can bring to millions across the globe on a weekly basis, one of my favorite shows of all time.

for a show with millions of viewer its weird how little attention this threads gets in here

(and i would agree, fuck golf)

American Top Gear is painfully bad, but the UK version is pretty cool even though I'm not really interested in cars.

i can appreciate the us version,
and i can dislike a lot of the fake pre plan stuff from the uk version
last episode was fun (18-7) the rallycross part

Top Gear was class until Hammonds accident in my opinion, from there on it descended into a contrived, often painful to watch joke, that occasionally shows flashes of brilliance when the presenters are actually driving cars instead of staging bullshit lame accidents. Then again I'm a big petrolhead, I don't watch it for the comedy, I want to see a the latest Ferrari getting ragged to fuck round a track or drag raced against a Lambo...

I don't even like cars, but Top Gear is fantastic. It's great fun and has a brilliant sense of humor. The American version shouldn't even be allowed to go under the name "Top Gear", it's frankly embarrassing.