• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Took suboxone when can I use again?

ThirdTimeAnalysis

Greenlighter
Sorry if I'm asking a question everyone asks. I just want an answer to my personal issue. I took two 8 MG strips a couple hours ago, when can I next use my heroin to get high? Note I am an addict and I will go into w/ds fairly quickly.

I only used the subs today never before. And also the subs seemed to barely help my w/ds.

Naloxone (the chemical that would put you into precipitated withdrawals if you used heroin) has a half life between 2 and 12 hours, so i would advise waiting upwards of 16 hours before shooting up

Thank you but I heard that nalaxone will put you into withdrawals if you take a shot and do a sub before you're in severe withdrawals, not the other way around.

Buprenophine is what puts you in withdrawal if you still have opiates on your receptors. It strips them off rapidly hence the precipitated withdrawal. Naloxone is not the chemical that will put you in withdrawal buddy. I'd wait 24 hours after taking the suboxone... Then you can do your dope.

And if you plan on taking another sub after you use your dope I'd wait 36 hours so you don't experience the precipitated WD hell train. Its intense

I believe I experienced precipitated w/ds. I took a sub when I was a little under 26 on the COWS test but couldn't handle anymore. Once I took it I felt better for a minute and all of a sudden my w/ds got worse! The RLS and leg pain get me every time. I couldn't sit still for more than a second. I caved in and got some drugs. I did a shot 4 hours after my dose of sub, again 10 hours later, again 16 hours later and I am now at 22 hours after my last sub dose and going to try at 24 hours. The shot at 4 hours seemed to take the edge off the w/ds, the shot at 10 hours didn't seem to do anything, and the shot at 16 hours had me nodding a bit and I was FINALLY ABLE to get a little sleep after not having slept in 2 days! Thank you for your answer! I believe 24 hours will be optimal time to wait between a sub dose and a shot, the longer you wait the better I'm guessing. I am clear of w/ds thankfully! Only for a little bit though as all addicts know. :/

Yeah if you haven't been taking subs long , 24-36hours is good for getting any euphoria out of a regular opiate, otherwise if its built up 72hours+. Buprenorphine has a very long half-life, and binds to your mu receptors (euphoric receptors) very tightly and leaves very slowly.
As for the precipitated withdrawal, I usually wait no earlier than 24 hours after last opiate use, or when I am in full blown withdrawal to take the sub again. That precipitated shit is no joke man.