Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Took some MDMA and feeling very anxious

bear1

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I took some MDMA last friday at I'm feeling unusually anxious now nearly a week after taking it. Here's just some general background: I'm 23 years old, rarely do drugs or drink alcohol but have taken MDMA a couple of times with + 3 months between each time and I've had plenty of fun every time. Every time I've taken drugs I've been heavily under the influence of alchohol too - the "sober me" doesn't touch drugs! Generally I live very healthy, not much partying and plenty of fitness. When I've taken MDMA before I've had some depression for a few days and that's it.

To the point: last friday I went to a rave and took some MDMA (told so at least, and believe it was) in the form of a square pill. I ignored the warnings that they were very strong and took the whole pill at once. I was at the dancefloor when the effects suddenly hit me and I remember I was feeling great but couldn't stand or walk properly. Then I've blacked out, not sure if it lasted 30 minutes or 2 hours, but the next thing I remember is walking outside in the cold very high and confused with the bouncer of the club trying to stop me from walking to the road. After my friend arrived outside, we went to get my jacket and left to a bar (it was morning already). We had a really nice time just chatting as common on MDMA and then the come down hit us both and we went home to sleep. Had the common few days of feeling very poorly but also I have been feeling very anxious since. Anyways, I'm back to my healthy eating and gym routine and my gym sessions give me a momentarily good feeling every time.

I have a long distance girlfriend I've been with for some months but haven't seen her in 7 weeks. So far it's been fine as we have plans to see soon and to move in the same country in the future and we chat on facebook daily and Skype on the weekends. After this night out, I've been feeling incredibly anxious, paranoid and jealous about her. I keep stalking her facebook to try and find any signs of her seeing other men. I'm looking at our conversations for any unusual behaviour in the way she talks or any unusual patterns in her weekly activities. Sometimes when I get short answers from her I get really paranoid but always just pretend to act normal. I realise this is very crazy and unstable behaviour.. The only real reason I should be suspicious about her is the fact that when I last saw her she had a lot of guys texting her all the time. However, I was playing with her phone and noticed that she has been steadily ignoring every guy that has been trying anything with her and just being very blunt.

Now I'm starting to consider that am I actually being this paranoid about the relationship or is it the MDMA that is causing me to behave like this? I've never experienced anything of this type before. Afterall, it's only been 6 days since the night out. The worst thing is, that currently I have a lot of university assignments to complete and even though I have time, I find myself sitting in the library, completely wasting time feeling I've lost my creativity. Normally when I work hard I'm able to get distinctions in my essays and reports but now I'm feeling like it takes me 3 hours to form one sentence. I'm also distracted every time when I start thinking about my girlfriend and go check on her on the facebook chat.

I would be interested in any opinions from people with more knowledge. Do you think its the MDMA I took that is causing this type of behaviour? How long does it normally take to get rid of this type of feelings? The best medicine at the moment would be to see my girlfriend but that's not possible until about 4 weeks and my assignments need to be done before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bear1, welcome to bluelight!

Alcohol + MDMA = blackouts and more severe after-effects. It's not a wise combo to do. A few beers can't hurt and might help with the comeup anxiety but anything more than that will affect you negatively afterwards, might dull your roll, causes general messiness (pure MDMA is very clear and focused) and might cause blackouts.

So I think that's the cause for what you're experiencing. Your brain's chemical household is out of balance, worse because of the alcohol. MDMA on its own in large quantities is known to cause anxiety afterwards which can be intensified by psychological influences, like you worrying about your relationship. It will get better in time, wait it out and just live your life. Worrying about it will only lengthen recovery. Intense exercise (really, try it, it works wonders for an MDMA hangover), healthy food and abstinence from all drugs (including alcohol) will also help a lot. Oh and please test your pills the next time, it will rule out ingesting bad pills, which might cause much worse things than what you're experiencing now. Also it might be wise to read this, it lays out some simple tips to responsibly use this drug. How long it takes to recover differs from person to person but since this was only a one-off thing and you haven't been abusing MDMA for longer periods it would surprise me if it took longer than two weeks to recover, though it's possible. Take care! And keep us updated on how you're doing

Adding the (untested) prefix

This is just about your distraction bit, since BlueBull covered the rest really well.

I've had a long distance relationship before in my teens, and I'd have to say those worries are a part of it. You have to concentrate on what you can control. You should really just focus on your assignments and not let your worries about her get in the way. Understand that you can only do so much, so just focus on yourself and your studies in the mean time.