• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Took MDMA & hands became paralyzed?

Moonvibbes

Greenlighter
Hello! Never posted here so hopefully my format doesn’t suck completely. I have googled and googled what happened to me but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer. Two nights ago I took 1/2 gram of molly (totally normal dose for me, have done molly for years) but it was different. I’ve never taken a shower on MDMA so I got in with my boyfriend and immediately started feeling sick so I laid down in the bathtub. I couldn’t handle it so I got out and laid on the floor of the bathroom and began to feel even worse. I was nauseous, I couldn’t focus on anything, I went to grab the trash because I knew I was going to puke and my hands tensed up. I literally couldn’t move my fingers at all they were paralyzed, both hands looked like I was E.T or something. I ended up getting the trash, puking & opened the door to the bathroom to cool off because I’m assuming I over heated. After that everything was fine, my hands went back to normal and I just chilled the rest of the night. Well it’s two days later and I took 30mg of my prescription Adderall and about an hour later I couldn’t stand without dizziness even though I ate and drank enough. I laid in bed for a few hours but ended up having to go to the kitchen for water and the hand thing happened again. I wasn’t over heating my AC was on but my hands cramped up and I got super dizzy. I’m assuming this has to do with my blood pressure or body temperature but I’d like to hear your thoughts? What could cause this? I’ve never in my many years of MDMA use experiences this & never experienced the hand thing on Adderall. When I over do my addy I sometimes forget to hydrate and eat so I get a little dizzy but never like this. I want to get in the shower because I haven’t showered since the night I did Molly but I’m absolutely terrified of having some kind of stroke or heart attack in there. I’ve been waiting for the addy to wear off so I can get in and take my Ativan but it’s honestly super scary. Advice? Thoughts?

Update: I half assed cleaned my bathroom and halfway cleaned my bed and I’m so out of breath and my heart is pounding. I think the shower is going to have to wait till tomorrow.

Bad product. Be careful about Molly and ''Stims''. Stims are pressed/laced. Get a test kit

Also if you have some weed, it can dim you down and wind you off to sleep.

Panic attacks can sometimes cause temporary psychosomatic paralysis.

MDMA can also cause uncomfortable muscle tension and a "locking" sensation due to the rapid depletion of vitamins and electrolytes. (As does adderall)

Combined with your high choice of dosage and this is not necessarily surprising as a potential outcome overtime, but certainly not common or expected. But then again its not recommended to take .5 g of MDMA or"molly" in general. Not pointing fingers or trying to be judgemental.

However bad product is definitely also a likely culprit.

Generally the electrolytes and vitamins gettin sweated/pissed away are just gonna lead to headache and fatigue, not paralysis.

Last edited:
Definitely a rapid blood pressure drop issue due to heart being unable to adjust quickly for the extra load from gravity when you stand and so brain doesn't get oxygenated blood until it evens out, that's almost always the main cause when getting dizzy when standing. As for the hands, do you have feeling in them when you are unable to move them? Are the muscles and tendons in forearm unable to move? Doesn't sound like a typical symptom for heart attack, and defintely not a stroke if it's both hands that are affected. Since the symptoms don't really add up, my initial thought goes to possible anxiety and/or drug induced panic attack. It would be unlikely for both extremities to experience it at the same time for a physical or physiological issue.

Update: I half assed cleaned my bathroom and halfway cleaned my bed and I’m so out of breath and my heart is pounding. I think the shower is going to have to wait till tomorrow.

This is a bit more worrisome in terms of symptoms, and this would be compounded with the dizziness upon standing. Have you ever experienced these symptoms before?

You didn’t take MDMA. Stop taking drugs labeled as such because it’s a bullshit marketing ploy that might kill you.