Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Took LSD first time - dissapointed - please help

quicker

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I ordered some LSD off the dark-web. 5x130ug blotters from a seller with the best feedback.

I took one this morning. Swallowed it.

I felt the come-up. A nice body-high. Tingles. Got lost in my thoughts a couple times, got fixated on a couple of objects/reflections. Like the door mat, sort of never realizing the patterns it had - admiring it. Giggling to myself. Time slowed down. This is about 1.5hrs-2hrs in.

Thought it was going to get more intense. But it didn't.

So went for a walk. Nothing special really happened. Ended up in the woods and just sort of chilled out. Looked at the ground for a bit and got lost in it, then continued.

Anyway, it's been almost six hours since I've took it and i'm somewhat disappointed.

Did I not take enough? Should I have kept it under my tongue instead of swallowing it?

I was expecting a new perspective. New ideas, thoughts. Something incredible really. Basically what they say happens when you take LSD.

My best guesses are:

1. I didn't take it properly, although, either way, it's going into my system. Maybe my body built up an intolerance to it as it absorbed it?

2. Not taking 130ug and maybe a smaller dose. I felt like I was on the way to a great trip. And then it sort of - ended. I still feel high right now. Just high. Kind of like smoking weed. Lethargic. Head feels a bit warm. I plan on emailing the dealer later.

Would like some help.

Thank you in advance.

1. I didn't take it properly, although, either way, it's going into my system. Maybe my body built up an intolerance to it as it absorbed it?

Nope, there's no wrong way to take LSD. Just getting it into your mouth somehow should be fine.

2. Not taking 130ug and maybe a smaller dose. I felt like I was on the way to a great trip. And then it sort of - ended. I still feel high right now. Just high. Kind of like smoking weed. Lethargic. Head feels a bit warm. I plan on emailing the dealer later.

Yes, it does sound like a 50-60 ug trip. Still, if I were you I'd do another trial with the same dose, to be sure it's the blotters and not you. Is it your first time with a psychedelic?

Thanks for the reply. I'll do another trial at a later date.

Second time with a psychedelic. First time was with mushrooms in thailand about 4 years ago. Had half a 'magic milkshake'. Didn't feel much except when I looked at certain people they seemed to be 'cut-out' of the surrounding environment and I could see them in 'high-definition'. I was sort of disappointed in that experience too but I assumed its because I only had a small-dose.

Just to make sure: Are you on any meds/supplements that could affect your tolerance?
Any sort of serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI's, SNRI's, tricyclics) is going to increase your baseline psychedelic tolerance, and any sort of serotonin antagonist (basically any antipsychotic, as well as certain sleep aids and antidepressants) in your system is going to block the effects of psychedelics to some degree. You're also going to be getting diminished effects if you're on a benzodiazepine.

Other than that, yeah, it might not necessarily have been 130 µg, although I wouldn't go as far as to say it was only 50-60 either. You could just try a higher dose next time, but keep in mind that you can't really "force" an epiphany (atleast not necessarily a "beneficial" one). On a number of occasions where I've taken psychedelics in a sub-optimal mindset/setting in the hopes of getting "inspired", they just made me become painfully aware of my feelings of isolation. Despite the element of unpredictability, it is usually very much a "Garbage In - Garbage Out" kind of thing.

Sure, waiting 2 weeks between trips in order to find the perfect dose/set/setting might feel a bit frustrating, but I believe most people on this board agree that it's better to have an underwhelming first experience that leaves you wanting more, rather than a mind-shattering ordeal of a trip that turns you off the wonders of psychedelics forever.

Your trip sounds just about as strong as a single 100ug ALD-52 tab is for me. One or two tabs of ALD-52 or LSD will get me high, but it takes 3 or more to reach the point that I deem to be a proper trip. It's a shame you can't easily verify exactly how much acid you're taking or recommendations would be much easier.

Anyway, proper harm reduction protocol would be to go up in steps of a half tab at a time, but I do recognize your limited stash. Ultimately it's up to you to decide what you think you can handle. Just make sure of set and setting and all should be fine.

Not to be alarmist, but considering this first time maybe you're new to drugs or whatever, but be careful about emailing/texting dealers/anyone about acquiring drugs or drugs in general. It can unexpectedly get you in a lot of trouble.

Sounds like the in betweensies I normally get off a 1-150mic trip. Even though a blotter is listed as a set amount of mics per tab keep in mind alot of them can be unevenly layed. I've had 3 tabs of ALD before that produced the most mild experience then later took 3 off the same sheet that were quite intense. Also take into account natural tolerance varies wildly from person to person. Typically when most people say a tab is strong and to just take 1 it takes me 3-4 to get the same 'tripping sack's feeling they get off their one tab.