• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Took Lions Mane for two weeks then had marijuana one night. Severe insomnia for 3 months + other serious issues

I think the hardest thing I’m dealing with is thinking that I caused all this stress to me and my family because of my own doing. I regret taking that mushroom and marijuana, and keep thinking I wouldn’t be in this situation if I hadn’t. If I am developing a neurological issue it’s going to be hard knowing I did this to myself. I’ll see what the future holds.
I can relate a lot to this, more than you probably imagine. I did a lot of damage to my brain via drugs, my family innocent bystanders.

Just don't do what I do and overthink while making assumptions.

Most of the time, I recover. I always recover. You probably will, too.

Did you have experience with cannabis before this and have ever had a panic attack before?
They can be quite traumatic, not only to the mind but also the body as it will remember - is what I believe mostly due to personal experience..

Hope you get better <3 I know it's easier said than done, but really try to keep a positive attitude and convince yourself that you will be back to normal.

Did you have experience with cannabis before this and have ever had a panic attack before?
They can be quite traumatic, not only to the mind but also the body as it will remember - is what I believe mostly due to personal experience..

Hope you get better <3 I know it's easier said than done, but really try to keep a positive attitude and convince yourself that you will be back to normal.
I’ve had anxiety before, but not a panic attack. I had been smoking marijuana for about 1 year prior to this and never had any issues.

Thank you for kind words

Fatal familial insomnia is crazy rare, and very penetrant. You would know if it ran in your family (and therefore if you were at risk).

I agree with speculation by others how it is likely a drug experience catalyzed issue, rather than one solely brought up by bad drugs.

Possibly try putting effort into finding therapists who could teach you coping mechanisms for dealing with your situation rather than chasing leads on what happened.

Fatal familial insomnia is crazy rare, and very penetrant. You would know if it ran in your family (and therefore if you were at risk).

I agree with speculation by others how it is likely a drug experience catalyzed issue, rather than one solely brought up by bad drugs.

Possibly try putting effort into finding therapists who could teach you coping mechanisms for dealing with your situation rather than chasing leads on what happened.
My uncle 3 years ago was having major issues sleeping and committed suicide. That was the reason I thought it could be FFI.

Thank you. I’m going to find a therapist.

I really don’t know what to think. I do know how many physical symptoms that are agonizing me. It’s a crazy situation I never imagined I’d be in.

stress and PTSD have caused me more out of control purely physical sensations than anything else I have dealt with. to me, you sound like me when my vagal nerve was disregulated. I had to find a good naturopath who got me on SOTS blocks and does manipulation to the area --- it's the difference between my heart/breathing being entirely disregulated from my surroundings (which feels psychotic) and not. Also eliminating stress, meditation, exercise, diet etc.

At 31 i believed i could take as much stress as the world could throw at me. That is NOT the case. your body is a system like any other, if you fuck with it, it will break down. mind and body are one. Now, after burn injury recovery, entering my 40s i can see the toll the stress put on me. do not underestimate how absolutely fucknuts insane and physical stress/PTSD can be.

I read someone's post on Reddit who seems to be experiencing the EXACT same thing as me (except they took a different mushroom):

They also lost their ability to sleep. FUCK.

This is pretty scary.