• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Took 5-mapb but didn't roll/ is it ok to shroom tonight?

crestfallen

Bluelighter
I got some 5-mapb and took 120mg but it had no effect other than feeling a bit "off" but certainly not rolling or feeling anything positive. I suspect this is because of recently coming off Ssri's which probably blocked it.

My question: Is it ok to shroom tonight since the 5-mapb had no effect? I know tripping after rolling is considered a waste but will it be ok in this situation Since there was likely no neurotransmitter release?

Tripping after rolling isn't a waste, they don't affect receptors in the same way. If anything you might just be more mentally worn out.

Funnily enough, I got a gram of 5-mapb about a year back that did almost nothing, exactly as you said. The one time I really even "felt" it was from insufflating over 100mg at once, and even that only caused a very minor psychedelic-esque headspace with some minor visuals and added color brightness. But everything I read about it says it's as close to real MDMA as you can get...

I know! I felt super let down after I got it, especially bc I got 5 grams expecting to have a huge supply(also the min order). Idk if it's the lexapro (which I quit 3 weeks ago) or I just got ripped off.

So you're saying I'm good to trip tonight and get full effects from the shrooms? I have about 45-50 fresh grams so I hope to get launched fully into the cosmos

Last edited:
Yep, they have completely different modes of action even though they both act on serotonin.

Yea, right?

I know! I felt super let down after I got it, especially bc I got 5 grams expecting to have a huge supply(also the min order). Idk if it's the lexapro (which I quit 3 weeks ago) or I just got ripped off.

So you're saying I'm good to trip tonight and get full effects from the shrooms? I have about 45-50 fresh grams so I hope to get launched fully into the cosmos

I also got 5 grams of barely active 5-mapb last year (which was also the min order). After trying it orally up to 250 mg, I almost gave up. Plugging it turned out to work, a little. I had to take about 200 mg plugged to get something that felt like 75 mg of MDMA orally. So Crestfallen, I don't think it was the lexapro, we just got ripped off. I haven't had a chance to try another batch of 5-mapb since, but I'm guessing real 5-mapb would work.