• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

too much?

PandaVii

Bluelighter
okay so some of you know i recently went through a methadone withdrawal while pregnant. I thought i was in the clear being three weeks off methadone but unfortunately i miscarried about a week ago. I was given percocet and i have a bottle of vicodin at home. I have been taking mostly the percocet for the physical pains of miscarriage as same as the mental. okay so here is my problem, on both bottles the directions are 1 to 2 every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. I have never exceeded the directions the most iv taken at once is 1 1/2 every 6 hours on the dot. I've done this many times before pills are my DOC. however since i quite methadone its almost different i dont get that euphoric feeling anymore and its almost like its too much, it makes me anxious and my heart race. last night i took 1 1/2 vicodin before bed and it ended up giving me a pressure headache and when i woke up this morning i have extremely weird nerve feeling in my left hand and arm. almost crampy. I dont know whats going on or if the methadone has effected the way i feel opiates still. I am also worried about overdosing since im not always taking it for physical pain and i have increading anxiety with it. If anyone can shed some light on if this has hapened to them or if i should back off for a week or so please let me know. iv never been effected this way so any personal information on a similar situation would help.
thank you

I can off course be way off, but this sounds like a contradictory reaction to me, like what they call 'a drug falling bad', giving the opposite effect of what they are supposed to produce - it's more or less, bluntly put, a 'scene and setting' -or 'mood and setting'-like thing; like when you take a psychedelic while being in the wrong mindset and having a bad trip - that's how I would put it into words most clearly: a bad Opioid high.

Probably (and I say probably, I can not be sure of this at all) nothing that will physically harm you, but mentally the drugs are having a reverse effect on you (falling bad), which can be caused by 'mood, scene, setting' or by a change of physiological and/or mental/emotional factors or by a change in tolerance or chemical household (the physiological factor) making your body and mind reacting in the opposite way due to severe changes (making the drugs having a 'changed' effect as well), all of the above put together or some of the things listed above could potentially cause such a reaction to the drugs you are taking while keeping in mind the changes that your mind and body have gone through, as well as the trauma that has happened to you all play a role in how one reacts on a certain substance, substances don't just give the effect they are supposed to give or usually give, all kinds of factors play a role in how a certain drug affects us (f.e. like how amphetamines make someone suffering from ADHD calm down while it makes other people, from a certain point on, go haywire from an overload of stimulants while people suffering from ADHD start yawning and fall asleep).

I think (but that's only my train of thought) that what's most at stake here is your mental health and that you should consult a doctor or any kind of professional before you start loading up again with those drugs...

Wishing you all the best...

I don't think 1.5 pills is going to cause you any harm. Perhaps the methadone changed the way your body processes new opiates but I'm no expert on that. You may have just slept wrong and your arm feels fucked up. If it continues, I would see a doctor.

That being said, my sincere apologies and empathy on the miscarriage. My wife and I have been through two of them, and it is heartbreaking.

thank you guys a lot, and yeah i was thinking about maybe it being psycological. i have been through a rough time lately not just with that but with other things, iv noticed when my two oldest kids are gone to their dads for long periods of time i always overdue the pain meds and end up having a bad high from them. i think you guys are right, it just sucks i no longer get that euphoric feeling. iv gone through 40 some pills in the last week and non of them have really gotten me high. its bogus it used to be the only thing to take away the mental pain. i hope i can get back to that euphoric feeling again soon. thank you guys

I've had the same thing happen to me with many addictions, one Opioid addiction as well (Oxynorm, a drug that is only available in Europe, it's actually Oxycodone instant but for sublingual use, which makes it kick in the most heavy way Oxycodone is able to kick in (when taken orally that is); within ten minutes) - at first, and when on the peak of my addiction, I could get high from a dose of 80 mg., and once the effects would start to fade away I would just take another dose, but since I've gone through the withdrawal of using this drug every day to eventually ending up, after slowly lowering my usage by taking 10 mg. a day less each two weeks, ending up not using for a few weeks at all (while over here you can get a full box of 28 tablets Oxynorm 5, 10 or 20 mg. for only €15 without prescription), only to end up buying another box after those few weeks and once again taking a dose of 80 mg. just to find out it didn't had any effect on me anymore, not even by upping the dose all the way up to a single dose of 210 mg., still giving no effects whatsoever, it started dawning on me that I had saturated my mind/body with this drug by abusing it for so long that I just would probably never would be able to get high from Oxynorm again for the rest of my life...

I also had the same thing happen to me with Alcohol, Weed, XTC, GHB and Amphetamines... Luckily I still have my two favorite drugs working like a charm for me; Cocaine and Heroin (preferably combining both or switching from one to the other throughout the day (and/or night), otherwise I always feel like I'm missing a "piece" of my "drug-puzzle") - however, it makes me afraid to quit either one of them even for only a short while, because if one of those two drugs would lose it's effect(s) on me I would have to face life sober, and I'm not, not even by far, ready to start facing life sober, not in any way...

Anyway, glad I could help out a bit! I hope things work out for you and hopefully very soon!

Greetings! :)

Last edited:
yeah i thought of that too. i was givin 3 mgs of morphine in the hospital and nothing. usually morphine and diladid give me the best highs but since methadone i get nothing. and it makes me so sad that opiates used to be my saving grace and now they just make me sick. i kinda also blame methadone for this. all it does is make me feel normal. i dont have enough balls to go over ten mgs of oxy or hydro tho i get horrible migraines when i do. but instead of just not effecting me like it did you, it makes me so sick and feel panicky. iv had this happen with alcohol too, when i was drinking a lot i would no longer get drunk towards the end just super hung over like right away, and i used to use spice when i was a young dumb teenager and it made me so sick i had to withdrawal in a rehab. i was thinking maybe when my body has just had enough of something it just lets me know no more. but ugh it doesnt know how sad this makes me lol