Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Too much MDMA taken in 24 hours?

bamfinator

Greenlighter
Hey, first time poster here :p

Alright so about a week ago i tried mdma with a couple of friends for the first time and long story short over a period of 24 hours (friday afternoon - saturday afternoon) i had consumed around 700mg of mdma.
I felt fine whilst rolling and didnt have a major come down on the day or the day after but a week later I am feeling all sorts of shitty - depressed, unsocial, tired, lack of motivation to do anything, self doubt etc.
This might be a noob question but I genuinely am worried as this sounds like some sort of delayed come-down that wont go away.

cheers for any help in advanced

The fact you took 700 mg over 24 hrs suggests it was not pure and or something else. Usually the suicide Tuesday does happen after a hard session. IE drop Saturday feel fine Sun - Mon and then it hits you. What goes up most come down. The higher the up the lower the down.

Best thing you can do is start to watch your diet eat healthy, try organic veg shakes (organic is key so you can get all those minerals and vitamins quickly into your body) do light exercise, drink isotonic type drinks and most importantly be positive and don't start over analysing. Brains are funny things and the power of suggestion, worry because you now feel different etc can build a scenario very quickly.

5 Htp is supposed to help, possibly a placebo.

If you did take MDMA and at such a large dose all your feel good chemicals (seratonin) are depleted so it takes time for them to build back up again.

If things don't improve in a few days then seek medical help and of course for now lay off caffeine alcohol weed etc. Don't touch MD for at least a month and please consider your safety and buy a test kit for next time.

The fact you took 700 mg over 24 hrs suggests it was not pure and or something else. Usually the suicide Tuesday does happen after a hard session. IE drop Saturday feel fine Sun - Mon and then it hits you. What goes up most come down. The higher the up the lower the down.

Best thing you can do is start to watch your diet eat healthy, try organic veg shakes (organic is key so you can get all those minerals and vitamins quickly into your body) do light exercise, drink isotonic type drinks and most importantly be positive and don't start over analysing. Brains are funny things and the power of suggestion, worry because you now feel different etc can build a scenario very quickly.

5 Htp is supposed to help, possibly a placebo.

If you did take MDMA and at such a large dose all your feel good chemicals (seratonin) are depleted so it takes time for them to build back up again.

If things don't improve in a few days then seek medical help and of course for now lay off caffeine alcohol weed etc. Don't touch MD for at least a month and please consider your safety and buy a test kit for next time.

I don't fully agree with this. I hadn't touched MDMA for a few years and recently 'dabbled' for a few weekends in a row. The MDMA was very good (tested) and I really pushed it on this one weekend; literally consuming grams over three days, it was insane. I did think I was going to die right at the end, so I ate about 20mg of diazepam and hoped for the best. I felt great within about an hour, and no-longer anxious. I even woke up the next day feeling fine, and bragged yet again the day after about how I didn't even suffer a comedown at all. Then I got hit by a fucking train of emotion and lethargy. It took two weeks for that feeling to mostly go away, and I then had another weekend of roughly the same equivalent. Multi-day benders with poly-drug use (alcohol, benzo's, amphetamine) can and almost definitely will give you a very long hangover unless you're some kind of fluke of nature. I'm suffering as I type this, but exercise and healthy eating seems to at least return some joy to your life in the meantime if you can manage it.

Could be worse my friend gained liver damage from drinking and too much MDMA in a night haha. Skin and eyes was yellow, (if you have those symptoms) yes go to the doctor haha. I dont think she had 700mg tho prob less pretty random and maybe rare.. Lolol she's better now,

DO NOT BINGE, if you can help it in any way. The amount you used is pretty standard for what we SHOULD NOT DO. Diet and exercise etc will speed up your recovery. Try to stay away from the easier narcotic fixes if possible. Don't wanna be a buzz kill....

valium 10mg can help sleep if you don't have a tolerance, taking 1-2 won't be bad if you really struggle, or valyerian root herbal 500mg tablets help if you wanted a herbal solution..

WTF is "suicide tuesdays" or whatever...personally if you're experiencing anything like that you shouldn't be doing any mind altering drugs WHATSOVER its not WORTH the risk on your LIFE.

Apparently i've been getting a lot of negative feedback on my posts...but this is from my own experience - this drug has never been a bingy type of drug..just have a good night on it and leave it until the next big rave/friends birthday comes around..whatever.

This post might make sense to some, maybe not to others....but it is what it is.

Self control is what seems like a lot of people lack around here, even though you spew the theoretical mumbo jumbo..not a lot of real life experience shows through in your posts.

It shouldnt take you 10+months to recover from one night on this shit unless something else is going on.

These drugs should be taken with a happy, peaceful state of mind...anything otherwise will just throw up some deep seeded shit you probably dont want to be dealing with.

You took out a loan on your neurotransmitters (Happy feel good/"GO" chemicals) and you're going to be paying them back for a little while no matter what you do.

However there are a few ways you can speed up this process. Exercise and positive reinforcement (focus on the positive, try to get excited and happy about life again) work wonderfully for minimizing the comedown, dwelling on the comedown and just sitting there feeling sorry and regretful is submitting to the damage you've done.You can also take 5-HTP (Recover serotonin), Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Enhances cognition and regulates dopamine) , Magnesium (Reduces physical and psychological tension), and Melatonin (Anti-oxidant that works beautifully at preventing damage caused by stimulant abuse).

Don't binge like this if you can avoid it. I've suffered long term consequences and I'd do anything to go back and use more fucking common sense.

Feel better, friend <3

Serotonin is constantly synthesized by the brain-- there is plenty of serotonin in his/her brain. The serotonin receptor complexes in the areas of the brain that regulate mood are just desensitized to it right now, same with dopamine.

People need to stop perpetuating the FALSE idea of serotonin depletion. It simply does not happen. This is proven by the FACT that psychedelics (which act on serotonin) not cross-tolerant to MDMA work just fine immediately after MDMA binges.