• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Too much exercise

lecroute

Bluelighter
Something not drug related happened to someone I know, and it got me thinking about all the endorphins and dopamine one gets when doing exercises.

I'm not talking about someone who might overdo because of pressure from someone or maybe even themselves (like for weight gain/loss).

Bit did it happen to any of you that you got so enthusiastic or high and euphoric while exercising that you went too far?
How do you go about balancing the right amount of exercise, and nutrition for it,especially during recovery?

Kind of. I rode my exercise bike a few days in a row, then when walking back from the grocery store my ankles/hips and leg muscles felt great so I walked faster then caused a hernia walking too aggressively

I have injured myself a few times from running too much and not giving myself enough rest days.

I run compulsively as a reaction to stress/anxiety/depression/illness, so I don't always let myself heal or push myself too hard.

I think it's best to create a schedule and stick to it to prevent those kind of injuries.