• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Too high expectations, too low dosage or snorting it wrongly?

everteen

Bluelighter
Today trying amphetamine for the first time and so far can't see what's so great about this drug. According to user reviews, this is stuff supposedly easily above average (30 per cent (symbol brings up some icon), but been snorting 0,4g so far and it's nothing that special. Is the dosage too low or do I do something wrong? I can feel the drug, but not that much. But if I but keep snorting more, I fear the comewdown greatly outweights the "high", even though I have diazepam and temazepam for the comedown.

Doesn't even feel like I'm intoxicated, if I compared it to how fucked up alcohol gets me (or got, before tolerance went up). Or is this just another proof how hard stuff ethanol really is?

Last edited:
These kind of questions are hard to answer. Pretty much all we can give you is speculation. I've no experience with illicit Amphetamines, only pharmaceuticals like Adderall. Just by estimating conservatively, I'd say .4g of Amphetamines would be enough to get you high. It's always possible that you may have gotten fake/bad drugs.

So you know, Amphetamine intoxication will really feel nothing like intoxication from Ethanol. They're both fun and everything, just very different.

So you know, Amphetamine intoxication will really feel nothing like intoxication from Ethanol. They're both fun and everything, just very different.

Got it from silkroad and all user reviews (there were a lot) said it's clearly one of the best ones sold on the site. Reviews didn't say it's extra good, but said it's surprisingly good for that price and gave them a good rush.

Last edited:
These kind of questions are hard to answer. Pretty much all we can give you is speculation.
Exactly
And because of that it's not suited for OD
I'll leave it open for a bit so you get some replys but after that I'll have to close it.

What are your expectations?

Edit: I edited out the price you mentioned, because price discussion is against the rules.
Please read the rules and OD posting standards :)

ExactlyWhat are your expectations?

I was expecting it to get me going, giving motivation, making me think more and also some sort of euphoric high. I got effects somewhat like that, but not just as profoundly as I expected.

edit/ sorry about mentioning the price. I should've read the rules on a site like this.

I was expecting it to get me going, giving motivation, making me think more and also some sort of euphoric high. I got effects somewhat like that, but not just as profoundly as I expected.

Well, maybe you expected too much, maybe you have a natural high tolerance and your stuff was cut as fuck, maybe you're just not the stim guy/girl, but more the guy/girl who likes downers etc
See, we can only speculate and without a proper lab test we can't say if your amphetamine was cut, bunk etc

is this your first time snorting something? if so you may very well have snorted it incorrectly. you want to sniff it lightly "up" not "down," as in you want to sniff it up into your nasal cavity as opposed to down your throat, don't sniff too hard. maybe dear kleinerkiffer could just move this to BD for you instead of closing it as it's more suited for that forum ...still trying to figure out why "what should I do w/ my poppies" is not OD material though.

is this your first time snorting something? if so you may very well have snorted it incorrectly. you want to sniff it lightly "up" not "down," as in you want to sniff it up into your nasal cavity as opposed to down your throat, don't sniff too hard.

Okay, thanks. Maybe that's where it went wrong. I did snort it quite hard and the aftertaste is probably comparable to cat shit.

maybe dear kleinerkiffer could just move this to BD for you instead of closing it as it's more suited for that forum ...still trying to figure out why "what should I do w/ my poppies" is not OD material though.
Well, I'm not sure if it's suited for BDD, but I'll move it and the mods there can decide
Regarding the poppies thread, he could just google the answer plus harvesting poppies isn't really harm reduction and what OD is for. I'm pretty sure there are other forums that are way better suited for those kind of questions :)

Amphetamine of any sort is never going to give you an alcohol type intoxication. You're not going to have that dizzy sort of disoriented and f*cked up feeling you get when drunk.

What you would feel is more alert, more productive, talking/typing more, etc.

So, your expectations may have been a bit much. Most drugs (like speed and opiates for example) allow you to function while around people in a normal manner simply because they don't f*ck you up. On the other hand, if you were drunk people would be well aware of it. So if you were expecting to be "wasted", that's not going to happen. I think the amphetamine appeal lies in the sense of well being while feeling productive, energetic, etc.

But on the other hand, even with all that, you still may have dosed too low or had crappy stuff. Or have a natural tolerance. So maybe next time try a bit more. If it doesn't do anything for you, maybe it's not your drug. And that's ok--everyone has their preferences.

Amphetamine of any sort is never going to give you an alcohol type intoxication. You're not going to have that dizzy sort of disoriented and f*cked up feeling you get when drunk.

What you would feel is more alert, more productive, talking/typing more, etc.

So, your expectations may have been a bit much. Most drugs (like speed and opiates for example) allow you to function while around people in a normal manner simply because they don't f*ck you up. On the other hand, if you were drunk people would be well aware of it. So if you were expecting to be "wasted", that's not going to happen. I think the amphetamine appeal lies in the sense of well being while feeling productive, energetic, etc.

But on the other hand, even with all that, you still may have dosed too low or had crappy stuff. Or have a natural tolerance. So maybe next time try a bit more. If it doesn't do anything for you, maybe it's not your drug. And that's ok--everyone has their preferences.

I was expecting to be more alert, more productive, talking even more than normally. I didn't expect to get alcohol like fucked up high. This definitely gets me talking more than normally, but dunno about alertness and productiveness. Maybe I should go out for a bit and see if it feels different there.

Sometimes our expectations are better than our results. When I would relapse on opiates I would romanticize the high in my head and then upon use I would be distinctly underwhelmed.

^^ that might also be because, at least that one time (not at band camp), the dope wasn't that great my dear... Just sayin'... ;) <3

Last edited:
Man I'm glad I don't have to deal with that amphetamine sulfate crap that seems prevalent in Europe. The (goddamn) Europeans have some things on 'murika but good speed ain't one of 'em...come over and sample some of our choice, grade-A crystal methamphetamine pardner! ;)

Man I'm glad I don't have to deal with that amphetamine sulfate crap that seems prevalent in Europe. The (goddamn) Europeans have some things on 'murika but good speed ain't one of 'em...come over and sample some of our choice, grade-A crystal methamphetamine pardner! ;)

Yes I agree! The crystal we have probably blows there speed paste out of the water lol

Well, it started to work eventually and got a decent talkative high, which lasted to 4-5 am before any noticeable comedown. Ended up snorting the whole gram. Put the comedown is so fucking awful it can't be described to anyone who hasn't experienced it. Mentally it's a suicide mode and physically not much better. Even benzos do very little to make it more tolerable and getting any sleep is impossible, which makes edgy and anxious person. Not even the worse puking hangovers you can get from alcohol is nothing compared to comedown this crap gives you.

Back alcohol + weed, if I want a high that takes me to whole new hights.