• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tongue Swelling, Lips Peeling After Chewing OxyContin OP's?

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
Anyone else experienced this? Or know why it might be happening? My throat isn't swelling shut or anything, nor am I having allergic symptoms in other parts of my body. It's just my mouth where the pills are chewed that's inflamed. After a day of chewing the pills (OP 20), I'll go to bed fine and then wake up the next day with visibly swollen lips and enlarged taste buds. Then a few days later my lips start to peel like a horrid sunburn. The pain and peeling goes on for weeks after I run out of the pills. If I use the pills for several days in a row, the pain and swelling gets worse.

This isn't a new thing and has happened many times before so I won't be seeking medical attention for it unless it gets worse. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with these pills. I'm not allergic to opioids at all; it's definitely something in this formulation specifically. Anyone know what additives or non-active ingredients are in these things? I'd really rather not end up with mouth cancer down the road.

Sounds like something in the new OC's are that is really fucking you up mate. Probably an allergic reaction to, like I stated, whatever is in the OP's which caused this. I take OP's daily and can tell you the gunk and wax inside is really well made and is so well made that it's full with a lot of fillers and wax, etc... It could be anything in them that's causing this for you, sadly, even though I take up to 200+mg's of OxyCodone [OxyContin's & RoxiCodone's] a day, and have been for at least 5 years now, but never have had this happen to me, ever... Maybe someone else on BL can see this and help you out. Not sure if this is needed to be moved for better, & more responses, but I think this is in the right place for this thread IMO, personally.

Thanks! I'm taking a break today (and tomorrow, and Wednesday) to let my face heal. My nose is also red like a mild sunburn. First time for that. This is the most OP's I've eaten in a few days' time before, so it's a little worse than usual. Maybe I'll try dissolving them in lemon juice or soda next time rather than chewing them.

Thanks! I'm taking a break today (and tomorrow, and Wednesday) to let my face heal. My nose is also red like a mild sunburn. First time for that. This is the most OP's I've eaten in a few days' time before, so it's a little worse than usual. Maybe I'll try dissolving them in lemon juice or soda next time rather than chewing them.
Put them in coke cola and let the OP's dissolve over night/half the day. Put them in at 5-6am and sleep till 12 on a day off, then wait till around 330-6 and then eat the gunk that's left. Lemon juice added to the coke cola will add for a more fast acidic reaction. If you wanna say wait a whole day, put them in whenever (I'd perfer put them in the lemon/coke a cola concoction at 5-6am.) & wait 24 hours. Then eat the gunk that's left. It's what I did till I learned that it takes only an hour or an hour and a half for them to melt in my mouth under my tongue. Then I just chew the gunk up/leave under my tongue till it's almost like a syurp.

Last edited:
I got the same thing when i stupidly let benadyrl disolve in my mouth so I think its the fillees when I peeled my lip back it looked like the skin peeling of when someone is beyond burned I could peel off loose white dead skin.

On a side note I use chewing tobacco 16 -24 hoursba day and never. Have this problem so I wonder why pills do. I also got peeling skin with provigil chewing it .