• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Tolerance

John Highfield 47$#@

Bluelighter
Hey all of you drinkers out they're how do you lower your tolerance to alcohol I love alcohol but it's not fun drinking 10 shots of whiskey to get drunk

Benzos can make you feel more drunk and uninhibited when combined with even small amount of alcohol. To lower tolerance will require a break of a month or two but if you've been drinking for a while tolerance will shoot right back up quickly.

Hey all of you drinkers out they're how do you lower your tolerance to alcohol I love alcohol but it's not fun drinking 10 shots of whiskey to get drunk
Honestly it depends if you're an alcoholic or not. Since your tolerance is so high it's best to slowly weaning off. Alcohol withdrawal is very dangerous and can be lethal without medical care. No one should go "Cold Turkey".
While weaning off, push fluids (Gatorades and water) which will help your liver and kidneys. Make sure you're getting enough nutrients etc. This process I speak of should take months, not weeks. Please be careful not to pick up where you left off by doing 10 shots. I will say that eventually your tolerance will go up again and your withdrawals will get worse every time. I'm talking seizures and hallucinations. I tried to do it many times and failed because I am an alcoholic. My last drink was 23 years ago. I hope this info helps you. Stay safe...

the only thing that really effectively reduces tolerance is time off of a substance, but as @Nurse Kat said, if you have been drinking a long time, you have to ease out of it as it is physically habituating in a dangerous way.

Benzos can make you feel more drunk and uninhibited when combined with even small amount of alcohol. To lower tolerance will require a break of a month or two but if you've been drinking for a while tolerance will shoot right back up quickly.
Benzos can and will lead to blackouts in combination with alcohol. Been there, done that. It cost me my driving license. Granted, I didn't have that much of a tolerance to alcohol as you seem to have but still. Also are benzos similarly dangerous to withdraw from than alcohol.

Benzos can and will lead to blackouts in combination with alcohol. Been there, done that. It cost me my driving license. Granted, I didn't have that much of a tolerance to alcohol as you seem to have but still. Also are benzos similarly dangerous to withdraw from than alcohol.
Yes I used to be prescribed Xanax man I hated that drug even when taking it at one 1mg once a day as prescribed by the doctor it would sometimes cause blackouts one time I was laying down to go to sleep then all of a sudden everything skipped forward to the morning and I didn't think I closed my Eyes and that's without doing anything special like chasing it with alcohol I can't imagine what would happen if you mix it with Alcohol

Yes but you can mix them if you do low doses of each. I do 0.25mg xanax with a beer for enhanced effects without blacking out or experiencing major loss of inhibition. My tolerance to alcohol is pretty low as I drink a few times a month in moderation and rarely use benzos.

Drinking less and being healthy are good ways to increase intoxicating effects from the alcohol. Alcohol I found has about 1-2 weeks of cool down from chronic use. And that's with tapering. You really need to stop using it entirely for days/weeks at a time to get any kind of easy buzz.

I think the most you can really sustain without increasing tolerance *much* is getting drunk once a week. With no drinking at all on the other 6 days. I did that for years with little if any change in tolerance. Only with multi days per week drinking did my tolerance ever increase.