• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tolerance...what gives?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so I'll start with saying I'm a heroin addict. However, I haven't used heroin in 37 days. I ended up giving in to temptation and started using again, tonight being the first night of using again. Previously while I was still using heroin daily before my break it'd take about 70mg of 60-70% pure heroin to get me nodding. Before switching to heroin it took 65mg Oxycodone for me to nod. I've used Oxy twice during my break from opiates, once 30mg just to get a feel for it again, and I used once again with 45mg (which felt great, but no nod). That was 4 days ago I believe.

Okay, now skip to tonight. I've been smoking heroin for an hour. Normally I'd use 70-80mg like I said, but I've smoked much more than that so far (hence it taking an hour). The heroin is about the same purity, so I'm not sure if my smoking technique is off now for some reason due to the break or what. I got tired of smoking and mixed some with lemon juice and snorted some about five minutes ago and I'm finally starting to nod off. It's actually extremely difficult for me to stay awake and type this right now.

Anyway, is it possible that my tolerance somehow rose while I was trying to quit? Or that my smoking technique may be off? I truely don't know, but the residue on the metal pipe/batty I'm using as a "tooter" is a lighter brown than the batch I had from before trying to quit (the vendor I buy from has always been consistent in purity though), so I know it's a little different. What do you guys think?

On a side note, while I am nodding off this is the first time my body has been pulsing numbness, I finally understand that one pop song about the numb face haha...

And I know it's been a long post but one last question...I can't deal with smoking/insufflating all of my gear as my tolerance rises. I've got the syringes and everything I need (30g 8mm 1cc) with the exception of one thing. I buy #3 brown heroin, which isn't water soluble. There are unfortunately no needle exchanges where I live, so I can't buy any vit c packets. I'll use lemon juice to snort it, but I don't want to inject that stuff into my veins. I can not for the life of me find any vit c packets for sale online, and I don't want to order online as it will take too long (I'm impatient :)). Do you guys know any commonplace (like Walmart or something maybe?) where I can buy vit c packets or (more likely) citric acid I could use to turn my base heroin into a salt I can inject?

Also please no trying to convince me not to keep using heroin or not to inject, I'm not saying this to mean I'm just being honest, it won't change my mind. Thanks :)

EDIT: Was nodding off but didn't feel like enough, so I snorted a second time. I weighed it out and I've used just over 200mg tonight.

Last edited:
How do you know the purity level of the heroin you are using? Have you had it lab tested? How do you know the gear you are using now is of the same purity as the previous batch? Has it been lab tested?

You just have gear that is not as good as before. Thats the drug world for you. Better get used to it.

How do you know the purity level of the heroin you are using? Have you had it lab tested? How do you know the gear you are using now is of the same purity as the previous batch? Has it been lab tested?

You just have gear that is not as good as before. Thats the drug world for you. Better get used to it.
I've only had it tested once, but not every batch. Dosing has always been consistent for me through several batches though.

It seems impossible to find pure citric acid in stores! Even pure ascoric acid I cannot find! Gah this is so frustrating. I found a canning citric acid product with silicon dioxide (SiO2) added to it...would that be okay to add to the gear and inject? Would a cotton filter filter that out? I guess worse comes to worse I order some ascorbic acid off amazon but gah I really don't want to wait. There has to be somewhere selling pure citric or ascorbic acid...damn why can't I live near a needle exchange. :(

Last edited:
I've only had it tested once, but not every batch. Dosing has always been consistent for me through several batches though.

It seems impossible to find pure citric acid in stores! Even pure ascoric acid I cannot find! Gah this is so frustrating. I found a canning citric acid product with silicon dioxide (SiO2) added to it...would that be okay to add to the gear and inject? Would a cotton filter filter that out? I guess worse comes to worse I order some ascorbic acid off amazon but gah I really don't want to wait. There has to be somewhere selling pure citric or ascorbic acid...damn why can't I live near a needle exchange. :(

Don't inject silica, that will fuck you up in short order. You'd need a proper filter to get that crap out to consider it at all, not cotton.

Also, it's worth noting that literally the first result for "ascorbic acid" on amazon is a listing for a kilo of pharma grade ascorbic acid powder with no added ingredients.

Don't inject silica, that will fuck you up in short order. You'd need a proper filter to get that crap out to consider it at all, not cotton.

Also, it's worth noting that literally the first result for "ascorbic acid" on amazon is a listing for a kilo of pharma grade ascorbic acid powder with no added ingredients.
Like I said, I didn't want to wait for shipping. I suppose there's no avoiding it though. Is L-ascorbic acid the same as the vit c packets needle exchanges give you and is it safe to inject? I notice there are several types of ascorbic acid.

Last edited:
....and that's how one goes from an occasional teenage pill popper to full blown junkie over several months of posts on blue light...

I know, I know, you don't want to hear it. So I'll be nice and help you out---do you have a GNC store where you live? The place that sells all the supplements and health food stuff? They sell vitamin c powder....

don't use anything but the pure powder. None of that crap you mentioned. When you IV you bypass all your body's defense mechanisms so you don't want to be putting silica or anything else right into your bloodstream. Oh, and you only need a little. Just enough to make the h dissolve. Just a pinch...

Edit: just curious... As you have stated before you go the vendor route as opposed to your friendly neighborhood salesman...why don't you just get #4 instead of #3 ? Would be easier...

....and that's how one goes from an occasional teenage pill popper to full blown junkie over several months of posts on blue light...

I know, I know, you don't want to hear it. So I'll be nice and help you out---do you have a GNC store where you live? The place that sells all the supplements and health food stuff? They sell vitamin c powder....

don't use anything but the pure powder. None of that crap you mentioned. When you IV you bypass all your body's defense mechanisms so you don't want to be putting silica or anything else right into your bloodstream. Oh, and you only need a little. Just enough to make the h dissolve. Just a pinch...

Edit: just curious... As you have stated before you go the vendor route as opposed to your friendly neighborhood salesman...why don't you just get #4 instead of #3 ? Would be easier...
There is indeed a GNC near me, I didn't even think about that! I'll stop by there later (finally starting to nod, takes about 240mg of this stuff and I've snorted and smoked it...).

The reason I go with #3 instead of #4 is because #4 cost 2.5x as much as #3 on the market I use, and since I started out only smoking I didn't need #4 anyway. I've found #4 tar that's possibly even better quality than the #3 Afghan powder I get now, and it only cost just under 2x the #3 I buy, but I've never used tar before and I don't know if I trust it for my first time injecting. Not sure why, maybe just because it seems more crude/unhealthier and harder to gauge the dose. Not sure if that's true, that's just my belief I guess

Alright well I'm nodding off and its getting impossible to type, so i leave with one lsst question. Is it normal to experience extremely realistic hallucinations if you close your eyes on high doses of H? It's so strange, and I love it, and I think it's nornal but I wish I knew why it happens.

Oh, and also addiction runs in my family. I'm sure I mentioned it in another thread but my father is also an alcoholic, has DUIs, drinks daily. It was practically inevitable, I don't really care at this point anymore to be honest. Label me a junkie, label me druggie, teen, human. I'm just a person. Only difference is I went from video games being my escape to working out 3 hours a day to smoking weed twice daily to opiates, alcohol, benzos, etc. They're all just escapes.

Last edited:
Go the canning section of the supermarket. You can buy...is it either ascorbic acid or citric used for canning? Pretty sure it's citric, in pure form, and that to be a lot better for you than those VitC packets.

Go the canning section of the supermarket. You can buy...is it either ascorbic acid or citric used for canning? Pretty sure it's citric, in pure form, and that to be a lot better for you than those VitC packets.
I ordered some pharm-grade ascorbic acid online that'll arrive in two days, I'll just wait. I literally can't afford to buy some just to get it a couple days early, I'm pretty much broke.

Wow, writing that made me realize I still have a problem. All well, thanks for the help guys. I was really looking forward to trying IV tonight but insufflation had to do. I have lemon juice I could have used but I'd rather not inject with that.

Last edited:
Shadow--
Don't take offense to what I said. I'm not labeling you. I was the same way--father alcoholic (quit when I was 11, but still, didn't change anything but the alcohol if you know what I mean). I started shooting at 21...never liked alcohol much when everyone was experimenting with it in school. But opiates made me feel complete, happy, relaxed yet energetic, social, and overall great. However, they also took me from a full college scholarship/also play in college sports--- with a likely good career/income/start in life to doing 5+ years in state prison in my late 20s. And to anyone watching your posts, you can clearly see a textbook example of how a few Vicodin/Percocet lead one to full blown junkiedom. (You're not there, yet, but ....)

Anyway what I'm trying to say is I'm not insulting you or judging you. I too became full fledged needle junkie--have not used in almost 2 years--but still. And maybe I'm trying to slap you with a wake up call. But regardless of genetics, you always have a choice. It's tough until you sort of get an older mindset. And by then it's often too late, which is why a lot of us keep trying to point you in another direction.

And GOOD call on not using the lemon juice. That can cause all sorts of nasty fungal blood issues. Vinegar is a better choice if necessary, but not the best one...the Vit C / citric is better for your veins.

I'm surprised your GNC didn't have any...were they out or don't carry it?

Edit: by the "extremely real hallucinations" do you mean when you close your eyes it's like watching a movie almost? Or do you mean some more sinister hallucinations?

I often would nod and hear the TV in the background and my mind made up images of what it thought was happening onscreen. It was kind of cool.

Last edited:
Shadow--
Don't take offense to what I said. I'm not labeling you. I was the same way--father alcoholic (quit when I was 11, but still, didn't change anything but the alcohol if you know what I mean). I started shooting at 21...never liked alcohol much when everyone was experimenting with it in school. But opiates made me feel complete, happy, relaxed yet energetic, social, and overall great. However, they also took me from a full college scholarship/also play in college sports--- with a likely good career/income/start in life to doing 5+ years in state prison in my late 20s. And to anyone watching your posts, you can clearly see a textbook example of how a few Vicodin/Percocet lead one to full blown junkiedom. (You're not there, yet, but ....)

Anyway what I'm trying to say is I'm not insulting you or judging you. I too became full fledged needle junkie--have not used in almost 2 years--but still. And maybe I'm trying to slap you with a wake up call. But regardless of genetics, you always have a choice. It's tough until you sort of get an older mindset. And by then it's often too late, which is why a lot of us keep trying to point you in another direction.

And GOOD call on not using the lemon juice. That can cause all sorts of nasty fungal blood issues. Vinegar is a better choice if necessary, but not the best one...the Vit C / citric is better for your veins.

I'm surprised your GNC didn't have any...were they out or don't carry it?

Edit: by the "extremely real hallucinations" do you mean when you close your eyes it's like watching a movie almost? Or do you mean some more sinister hallucinations?

I often would nod and hear the TV in the background and my mind made up images of what it thought was happening onscreen. It was kind of cool.
The GNC only carried tablets with additives in it. And no, not like watching a movie, its like I'm actually seeing something happen. I could close my eyes and still see the room I'm in, or be in a completely different place all together. I can hear the voices of people/things happening in those hallucinations, it's about as real as real life. Only when my eyes are closed though.

Although last night I dosed some heroin and took some Etizolam to sleep and I kept hearing voices. They'd be sporadic, random things that were maybe said that day by someone I know or something, but it was actually really annoying so I just through on some music and it stopped. I always get the "hallucinations" when I nod though.

What I find strange/annoying at times is someone would talk to me and I would still be in half a nod so I would say something relating to what the people in my dream/hallucination/nod were talking about. And then the real life person would be like "what?!?" Or sometimes I would just be responding to those I saw during my nod but I responded out loud so anyone around me would have no clue why I just randomly said something. And I kind of realized it sometimes halfway through the sentence and kind of just trailed off...

I have had very real half awake dreams as well. But not every time.

What I find strange/annoying at times is someone would talk to me and I would still be in half a nod so I would say something relating to what the people in my dream/hallucination/nod were talking about. And then the real life person would be like "what?!?" Or sometimes I would just be responding to those I saw during my nod but I responded out loud so anyone around me would have no clue why I just randomly said something. And I kind of realized it sometimes halfway through the sentence and kind of just trailed off...

I have had very real half awake dreams as well. But not every time.
I usually get them if I take a high enough dose. The thing with the voices was new to me though. I think it had something to do with the benzos while on opiates at the same time, but I had like 4-5 different voices saying shit randomly, sometimes what they'd say would be completely random, sometimes they'd echo my thoughts, but they were all voices of people I knew. I don't know, strange shit happens when you start to nod I guess.