• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tolerance to opioid euphoria

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
I have read many studies claiming to have reversed opioid tolerance using a wide range of methods and drugs. However they seem to only refer to analgesic tolerance. I understand that this could be because auntie NASA separative are analgesic tolerance is easy to measure in animal experiments. But how about uforia?
Would reversing opioid tolerance in humans restore the mind altering happiness inducing effect. Am I right in saying that uforia is one of the first effects of drugs like morphine to be subject to tolerance.
I think that preventing the loss of opioid uforia would help people with a wide range of disorders. It would also be fun for ordinary people, what are your opinions?

Different cell populations are responsible for analgesia and euphoria, so it is possible that there may be differences in the amount of tolerance that develops for those two effects.

The medical field views euphoria as a side-effect of opioids, rather than a therapeutic action. Hence, development if tolerance to the euphoric effects is not viewed as a worthwhile goal. However, many of the same mechanisms are responsible for both types of tolerance, so reducing analgesic tolerance would also tend to diminish tolerance to other effects.

It's unfortunate that euphoria should be viewed as a side effect When its benefits to all are clear. Does anybody believe that there will one day be developed a euphoric opioid with no tolerance are a method of reversing tolerance to current opioids, i've heard talk of genetic engineering to produce constantly happy people but I am not really in favour of that due to the dangers of Messing with genetics such as The large number of interactions between DN a and The target phenotype Giving a high potential of serious error which could be passed on or be irreversible. I think drugs are a far better option as they could allow individuals to enter altered mood states but then return to their natural state after the truck has worn off providing a way of preventing tolerance is developed
Sorry about any errors in grammar punctuation I am currently using a voice activated program on my phone as it takes me too long to type

Mu1 analgesia mu2 euphoria & suppression of breathing hence sufentanil TI over 12000

Constantly happy people? Negative emotions serve the same purpose as painful sensations in my view. They are a learning tool and allow us to experience empathy, they allow us to understand the world around us as well as inside of us and are an extremely important part of our development as human beings. Traumatic events can happen in the developmental years to retard this process and erode empathy however. The usage of drugs to cope at an early age can cause developmental problems as well. Negative emotions are a crucial part of the human experience. "Better living through chemistry" is not always a good thing. Anyways, this is off topic. The prospect seems scary to me.

Constantly happy people? Negative emotions serve the same purpose as painful sensations in my view. They are a learning tool and allow us to experience empathy, they allow us to understand the world around us as well as inside of us and are an extremely important part of our development as human beings. Traumatic events can happen in the developmental years to retard this process and erode empathy however. The usage of drugs to cope at an early age can cause developmental problems as well. Negative emotions are a crucial part of the human experience. "Better living through chemistry" is not always a good thing. Anyways, this is off topic. The prospect seems scary to me.

I partly disagree with this. One observes many people in life who are depressed and their depression hinders them massively in life. On the other hand, there are some extremely happy people who rarely experience negative emotions and thrive massively off it. I understand that negative emotions are in place to help us survive, but I believe it can be diverted just like we partly divert ageing now through modern medicine and live much longer than we used to.