• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tolerance to Lexotan?

Man67

Bluelighter
I've been taking 2 x 6mg Lexotan almost every day for the last 10 years. One was during the day only if l felt nervous. The second one was a regular before bed time and it helped me sleep (l also take Stilnox but it doesn't help much). So that combination was working perfectly until a few weeks ago. Now I have to take double dose (both) in order to have some sleep. Long time ago I tried several sleep medications but none was right to me. To cut the long story short, is there anything similar to Lexotan but just a bit stronger? My Dr. is against Xanax and similar benzos.

Zopiclone is a good sleep med and probably stronger than zolpiden for sleep.
Bromazepam (lexotan) really isn't a good benzo for sleep, it's better for anxiety. Temazepam, nitrazepam or flunitrazepam is better.
Really though, you should try not to take meds like this for sleep, as tolerance usually catches up to you. Have you tried promethazine, hydroxyzine or diphenhydramine?

Zopiclone is a good sleep med and probably stronger than zolpiden for sleep.
Bromazepam (lexotan) really isn't a good benzo for sleep, it's better for anxiety. Temazepam, nitrazepam or flunitrazepam is better.
Really though, you should try not to take meds like this for sleep, as tolerance usually catches up to you. Have you tried promethazine, hydroxyzine or diphenhydramine?
Thanks for the info mate. I wish I can remember everything I tried? I just remember that all my sleep meds. had some serious side effects. Regarding Lexotan, you are right. But sometimes I need to calm down before I go to bed. I asked my Dr. several times:"Is there anything better?" and he said no. Probably because I also take Lexotan during the day. Besides, it's very hard to find it and most pharmacies in Adelaide don't keep it in stock. Is Valium the same thing or there are some differences?

Valium is more sedating than bromazepam so probably better for sleep. If your doc will switch you it could work better for you. It also lasts longer so if you take it twice a day the evening dose may hit you harder.
It's still not the best for sleep, but it's probably better than bromazepam. 10mg diazepam is equivalent to 6mg bromazepam if I remember correctly.

Valium is more sedating than bromazepam so probably better for sleep. If your doc will switch you it could work better for you. It also lasts longer so if you take it twice a day the evening dose may hit you harder.
It's still not the best for sleep, but it's probably better than bromazepam. 10mg diazepam is equivalent to 6mg bromazepam if I remember correctly.
I can't thank you enough mate. Really appreciate your info. I got an app. with my Dr. next month and it all depends on his opinion. Cheers!

It actually kind of does but it's legit as a very uniquely acting benzo specific to sleep, induction and maintenance.
Does it help with the morning depression? Everything l tried worked for a few months and then all the benefits disappear. At the moment 2mg Suboxone (when I wake up) are keeping me alive.

All benzodiazepines have the potential to actually cause depression.

I have never personally suffered depression from benzodiazepines nor have I personally taken quazepam.
I appreciate your honesty. Thanks.

Only benzo that, so I read, has some/any potential for helping with depression is alprazolam, it’s still inferior to “real antidepressants”. Anyone knows more about why would that be so? Is it only bs made up by pharma companies or there’s some real science behind it? I don’t have depression (at least not diagnosed) but I think there might be some true in that as it is kinda more mood lifting than most rx benzos..