• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tolerance questions

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I was recently able to buy another gram of gear after being forced to stop using after running out a couple weeks ago due to a few different events. I noticed that I have to smoke around 100-130mg to start nodding. Previous to this two week break (or it seems like two weeks at least, I don't know exactly how long it was), I was coming off of a binge where I'd use almost every day for a couple weeks. At the end of this binge I was smoking up to 250mg to get where I needed to be, and I'm not sure if that's due to using every day or due to poor smoking technique, as my technique has been improving I believe since I started. Anyway, if it wasn't due to poor technique then that means that my tolerance practically doubled after two weeks of use.

Is there any way to slow down how quickly my tolerance rises? Before switching to heroin I'd be nodding off 65mg Oxy, but since tolerance rises for use of all opiates does this mean I'd have to be using around 150mg Oxy to nod now? I'm only asking because damn that sounds like a lot of Oxy/large tolerance increase for how little I've been using (I never use more than once a day except for maybe one time, and like I said I'm coming off of a short break too).

Also, I've heard that too much heat can destroy the gear. My ROA is usually smoking the gear off of foil, and I usually hold the flame an inch below the foil so that the gear melts into a deep-red liquid but doesn't start bubbling into a black goo. This seems like it works out pretty well for me, but whenever I do this the red liquid still bubbles with a ton of really small bubbles, but doesn't turn into a liquid. I assume this means that the gear is still boiling, is the presence of bubbles evidence of too much heat, or am I probably fine and getting as much gear as possible into my lungs? I usually let the gear run down a long piece of foil while smoking, and I am left with a small amount of black stuff (hard/crumbles if touched) that doesn't burn/vaporize even if the flame is held directly under the foil, but I assume that's just the cut and not burned/wasted gear. I hope. What do you guys think? Any tips for smoking gear? Like I said, I use a long piece of foil for it to run down and a metal batty as my straw to suck in the smoke, which i usually hold the end of the batty a couple centimeters above the gear while inhaling because I feel like that'd get me the most vapor possible.

I was recently able to buy another gram of gear after being forced to stop using after running out a couple weeks ago due to a few different events. I noticed that I have to smoke around 100-130mg to start nodding. Previous to this two week break (or it seems like two weeks at least, I don't know exactly how long it was), I was coming off of a binge where I'd use almost every day for a couple weeks. At the end of this binge I was smoking up to 250mg to get where I needed to be, and I'm not sure if that's due to using every day or due to poor smoking technique, as my technique has been improving I believe since I started. Anyway, if it wasn't due to poor technique then that means that my tolerance practically doubled after two weeks of use.

Is there any way to slow down how quickly my tolerance rises? Before switching to heroin I'd be nodding off 65mg Oxy, but since tolerance rises for use of all opiates does this mean I'd have to be using around 150mg Oxy to nod now? I'm only asking because damn that sounds like a lot of Oxy/large tolerance increase for how little I've been using (I never use more than once a day except for maybe one time, and like I said I'm coming off of a short break too).

Also, I've heard that too much heat can destroy the gear. My ROA is usually smoking the gear off of foil, and I usually hold the flame an inch below the foil so that the gear melts into a deep-red liquid but doesn't start bubbling into a black goo. This seems like it works out pretty well for me, but whenever I do this the red liquid still bubbles with a ton of really small bubbles, but doesn't turn into a liquid. I assume this means that the gear is still boiling, is the presence of bubbles evidence of too much heat, or am I probably fine and getting as much gear as possible into my lungs? I usually let the gear run down a long piece of foil while smoking, and I am left with a small amount of black stuff (hard/crumbles if touched) that doesn't burn/vaporize even if the flame is held directly under the foil, but I assume that's just the cut and not burned/wasted gear. I hope. What do you guys think? Any tips for smoking gear? Like I said, I use a long piece of foil for it to run down and a metal batty as my straw to suck in the smoke, which i usually hold the end of the batty a couple centimeters above the gear while inhaling because I feel like that'd get me the most vapor possible.

It's funny how identical this is to my previous situation a couple years ago (in that my tolerance was around the same point of 60mg of oxy, and i smoked tar on foil starting at a point and moving to about .2). Anyhow, I used to worry about wasting gear aaaaalllllllll the time, but really if you think about it, the amount you would've lost from a small little bit of crumbles is so negligible it really doesn't matter. The streaks you are getting are supposed to be there btw, if there's nothing burning off of it, you've used all the active ingredient. If you're able to actually "chase the dragon" meaning the little glob you put on the foil melts and then gently rolls down the foil as you vaporize it, you are smoking correctly. My only tip would be to always start far away, and use as little heat as possible to smoke it, this ensures that you won't overheat it and waste anything (but again, even if you did slightly overheat it you really wouldn't be wasting much). Another thing is to always use the same straw, the resin that builds up inside of it can be smoked very easily and is a godsend when you're dry.

Tolerance is a bitch, and there's no way around it other than just stopping altogether. Only thing I've used with a small amount of success was NMDA antagonists such as OTC DXM, but that is in no way a concrete theory of tolerance reduction, and overall it's probably irrelevant at the point you are now.

Good luck

^All sounds like good advice. If it was me I would be using IV cos that's how I take my powder drugs, apart from oxycodone which I just take powdered and orally. Unless someone can convince me that I would get better pain relief taking it IV, I'll just stick to what I'm doing.

Hope you're well Shadow.

^All sounds like good advice. If it was me I would be using IV cos that's how I take my powder drugs, apart from oxycodone which I just take powdered and orally. Unless someone can convince me that I would get better pain relief taking it IV, I'll just stick to what I'm doing.

Hope you're well Shadow.
IVing is a viable option I've considered, but I get #3 powder here which is water insoluble. If I had #4 I'd be insufflating probably.

Isn't there an acidic powder you can mix into your powdered gear tk make your #3 into #4, or do you still have to mix it with water and heat it up still? Damn this took like 10 minutes to write because I'm still kinda nodding.