• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Tolerance question.

shyferrell

Greenlighter
So I have taken a break from kratom, the last use was may 28th. I had been using almost daily for a year. I was up to 35G per dose just to feel it. Given how high my tolerance was, will it have had enough time to go down some or even back to normal? i just ordered a 250g bag of kratom that is supposedly very strong. I would like to avoid taking too much so i dont get the violent shakes and sickness. Thanks

Your tolerance will be much lower, but probably not back to baseline. 5-7g should feel pretty strong.

Hey @shyferrell and a belated welcome to the lowest ring of Dante's hell, Bluelight.org we're happy to have you!

I have concerns regarding your description of withdrawal. I understand there is a lot of room for variation in terms of how folks experience and describe withdrawal. However, "violent shakes" has me a little bit worried. I'm not an expert on the use of Kratom, but I understand enough to give you some useful advice.

Kratom isn't a drug per se. It's a specie of plant. The primary, active constituent of Kratom is Mitragynine, a demonstrated Opioid agonist. As if we were talking about Poppy/Opium there are always going to be minute details of the biological process that makes each plant unique. Some will be more potent, less potent, some will have different analogs of Mitragynine therein. At the end of the day, I feel the most useful approach is to treat Kratom usage as not radically different than someone taking Codeine or something similar.

All I can say after doing this for years and years is that balance is the key in everything. You can use Opioids, have an amazing time, reap their benefits and their pleasures, but when you keep returning to the well, you find a pattern of slowly diminishing returns.

If you can't stop using compulsively, then there is no amount, specie or brand of Kratom that is going to fix the problem. I'm not gonna talk to you like you're a child. I know you're familiar with tolerance, withdrawal and the basics. I hate being the guy to rain on everyone's parade. I remember the moment I realized that this thing (Morphine) that I loved so much could only ever have meaning to me if I respected it.

To play the tape all the way to the end, as it were, you will likely get the new, stronger Kratom and if a sufficient time has passed between your usage phases, you will probably be able to get high for a few days. By day 3, you'll basically be back in an extremely familiar place trying to borrow against your habit when you don't have any credit left, if you catch my meaning.

I as an Intravenous Heroin user for about a decade and I had to stop in order to keep existing in the real world. I understand there are people who use Opioids "once a week" or whatever, but this has never been my experience. If I'm using Opioids, I'm likely going to get out of control.

When I started trying to move away from that lifestyle, I of course always wanted some kind of surrogate to comfort me and make me feel okay. I've always been a Cannabis user, so naturally, I would smoke copious amounts of bud when I first started out, trying to make life tolerable. I found over time that even Cannabis, if I smoked it 4-5 times a day every day, could lose all of its meaning to me. It was only by acceptance that I now generally smoke in the morning and then at night before bed. I don't wander from this protocol too much. I am still quite tolerant. However, I am still able to enjoy the benefits of this drug. It's only when I try to milk it for everything that it's worth that it no longer soothes me.

In closing, I think you're capable of figuring it out. You might not care about anything of what I'm saying. I just want you to know that the answer you're looking for will never come from finding the most potent drug. Western Society has tricked us into believing that the answer is unlimited access. We've never even been allowed to experience our addictions to their complete logical end. The answer to your situation is not more Kratom, but to find out how to use Kratom more efficiently. I think you can figure it out.

Hey @shyferrell and a belated welcome to the lowest ring of Dante's hell, Bluelight.org we're happy to have you!

I have concerns regarding your description of withdrawal. I understand there is a lot of room for variation in terms of how folks experience and describe withdrawal. However, "violent shakes" has me a little bit worried. I'm not an expert on the use of Kratom, but I understand enough to give you some useful advice.

Kratom isn't a drug per se. It's a specie of plant. The primary, active constituent of Kratom is Mitragynine, a demonstrated Opioid agonist. As if we were talking about Poppy/Opium there are always going to be minute details of the biological process that makes each plant unique. Some will be more potent, less potent, some will have different analogs of Mitragynine therein. At the end of the day, I feel the most useful approach is to treat Kratom usage as not radically different than someone taking Codeine or something similar.

All I can say after doing this for years and years is that balance is the key in everything. You can use Opioids, have an amazing time, reap their benefits and their pleasures, but when you keep returning to the well, you find a pattern of slowly diminishing returns.

If you can't stop using compulsively, then there is no amount, specie or brand of Kratom that is going to fix the problem. I'm not gonna talk to you like you're a child. I know you're familiar with tolerance, withdrawal and the basics. I hate being the guy to rain on everyone's parade. I remember the moment I realized that this thing (Morphine) that I loved so much could only ever have meaning to me if I respected it.

To play the tape all the way to the end, as it were, you will likely get the new, stronger Kratom and if a sufficient time has passed between your usage phases, you will probably be able to get high for a few days. By day 3, you'll basically be back in an extremely familiar place trying to borrow against your habit when you don't have any credit left, if you catch my meaning.

I as an Intravenous Heroin user for about a decade and I had to stop in order to keep existing in the real world. I understand there are people who use Opioids "once a week" or whatever, but this has never been my experience. If I'm using Opioids, I'm likely going to get out of control.

When I started trying to move away from that lifestyle, I of course always wanted some kind of surrogate to comfort me and make me feel okay. I've always been a Cannabis user, so naturally, I would smoke copious amounts of bud when I first started out, trying to make life tolerable. I found over time that even Cannabis, if I smoked it 4-5 times a day every day, could lose all of its meaning to me. It was only by acceptance that I now generally smoke in the morning and then at night before bed. I don't wander from this protocol too much. I am still quite tolerant. However, I am still able to enjoy the benefits of this drug. It's only when I try to milk it for everything that it's worth that it no longer soothes me.

In closing, I think you're capable of figuring it out. You might not care about anything of what I'm saying. I just want you to know that the answer you're looking for will never come from finding the most potent drug. Western Society has tricked us into believing that the answer is unlimited access. We've never even been allowed to experience our addictions to their complete logical end. The answer to your situation is not more Kratom, but to find out how to use Kratom more efficiently. I think you can figure it out.
No, the shakes arent from withdrawal, the shakes happen when i take too much. I actually have had not a single craving for kratom since stopping. And i didnt experience any withdrawal. (PS i am also an IV drug user, meth) I also knwo kratom is a "drug". My main reason for asking all this, i just dont want to get sick from having too much. its not very pleasant.

The shakes (also known as the "wobbles") is from a neuromuscular blockade effect from taking too much of one of the kratom alkaloids, I forgot which one. Some strains/batches cause it more than others, some almost none.

From my experience white/green vein causes it much more than red.

The shakes (also known as the "wobbles") is from a neuromuscular blockade effect from taking too much of one of the kratom alkaloids, I forgot which one. Some strains/batches cause it more than others, some almost none.

From my experience white/green vein causes it much more than red.
i typically only use green strains. The strain i just ordered was Green Bumblebee from OKIE kratom