• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tolerance question.

fermonos

Bluelighter
I know you may find this a stupid question but I'm really intrigued, also I did check search engine but couldn't find a definite answer.

Anyway, does the ROA effect tolerance? For example would 1 week of Oral vs IV make tolerance increase much faster?

If so, which is the best ROA to take for slowest tolerance increase.

Thank you for reading.

In that case, this is fairly straightforward. When we start delving into the psychological component, it becomes highly subjective and difficult to pin down with accuracy. Pretty much, tolerance is directly related to the total amount of a given drug absorbed by the body over time. Different routes of administration invariably lead to differing levels of drug abosrption.

So, if we're speaking purely about the total amount of Opioids your body will need to get high or well, it can be deduced through some simple math. The route is pretty much irrelevant, as the primary factor at play is the total amount of drug absorbed by the body. One route will not radically impact your physical tolerance over another, but again, if we're talking about psychological reinforcement, it's a totally different story.

Thank you Kief.

I'm just asking because as of now I've only ever used Oral but I'm going for rectal administration once items needed are delivered to my home, basically I wanted to know if after prolonged use of this ROA would need higher doses in time. As for Oral, I've been doing codeine and tramadol for months at a time and never needed to higher my dose.. So that's great for me.

As for psychological, I hear IV is the worst method but I don't think I'll ever stray down this path. It's took me almost three years of use to finally try another ROA other than oral and that's only because the bioavailibility for DHC is like 20% which is terrible.

Anyway I know this is off-topic but I've had bad diarrhoea for about 4 days now, since I went cold turkey due to having no opiates. Long story short, I want to know if having diarrhoea will hinder rectal administration at all, I could probably do an enema before dosing if that'd help, but if you could answer what I asked above that'd be amazing.