• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tofisopam as a potential treatment?

PeaceSeeker

Greenlighter
I'm looking into this special type of medication for anxiety that apparently doesn't have any addictive or sedative properties. It is a 2,3-benzodiazepine, which is a unique class that doesn't target gaba receptors but helps with anxiety by working differently on the brain. It's claimed to not have any addictive properties, at least to the extent of other medications because of how it doesn't work in the same way as other benzodiazepines. From what I've read, it doesn't sedate nor impair cognition, and, it supposedly helps with fear and psychological adaptation, which is a big problem with DP/DR, in my opinion. It's not available for prescription outside of Europe but it is an interesting find, and I hope to hear more about this medication in the near future. There's much more information about this medication but I wanted to give a short summary.

Thank you.

tofisopam doesn't have regular anticonvulsant, sedative, skeletal muscle relaxant, motor skill impairing or amnesic properties, but it enhances the anticonvulsant actions of 1,4 benzodiazepines (like diazepam) and muscimol. Here is the link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofisopam

Well I have been enlightened. Interesting. This sounds useful. Much more research needs to be done into this medication.

Last edited:
I was scripted it for a while as an experiment but it was absolutelly uneffective for all kinds and symotoms of anxiety. Had to go back on alprazolam.