• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Toddler, 2, died after drinking heroin substitute "given to her to keep her quiet"

isthisincognito

Bluelighter
Toddler, 2, died after drinking heroin substitute "given to her to keep her quiet"

A toddler has died after drinking a heroin substitute that was allegedly given to her to keep her quiet.

Sophie Jones, two, died on Tuesday night from cardiac arrest after swallowing a lethal dose of Methadone.

The drug, normally prescribed to drug addicts, is believed to have belonged to one of her family and police have found a drinking mug that they believe was used by the little girl.

It is understood the main line of inquiry by police is that Sophie was given a drink laced with the drug in a bid to keep her quiet.

It is green in colour and residue from from the mug is being examined by toxicology experts.

Details of the police investigation into the death of Sophie who has two older siblings were revealed in a application before District Judge Andrew Jebb sitting at Blackpool Magistrates' Court.

The judge agreed to a police application for an extension in time - 36 hours - to question a 29-year-old woman and 41 year old man arrested in the wake of Sophie's death.

She lived in Jameson Street, Blackpool, and was taken to the town's Victoria Hospital on Tuesday where she died.

Detective Superintendent Paul Withers who is leading the investigation in Sophie's death said: "There are many possibilities all of which are being explored."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sophie-jones-drank-heroin-substitute-3216056

whats wrong with some people. If this is true its awful.

Last edited:
Certainly not the first time I've heard of this happening.
Some people are just not fit to be parents.
Really fucked and really sad. That poor kid (whatever actually happened).

Its sad, this story is almost common around here. Been a lot of children killed from either accidently ingesting it themselves, or a sitter or parent giving them some to make them sleep or be quieet. When i get a takehome bottle from the clinic they make you have a lock box and on the bottle there is a warning label that says controlled drug may be harmful or fatal to adults/ children.

This is awful. I hate hearing about stuff like this as a person and as a parent on mmt. I would never dream of letting my kid near my take homes, never mind giving it to them intentionally, no matter how exhausted or worn out i am! What goes through their heads to make that seem a good idea? And of course the article is sensationalist. They could have said prescription medication, and methadone is not solely prescribed for addiction. That doesnt sound as scary as heroin replacement though.

They should just call out methadone.
I think most people know what that is.

The sad thing is it just makes me think of the, obviously larger, number of kids who survive this kind of bullshit and will have to deal with being introduced at a young age to this drug.

utter busshit pmose. methadone has a fair number of common negatives, but when compared to its positives are way more than acceptable.. this is the result of the decisions of losers and in no just way should be somehow blamed on methadone.. sorry pmose think (i know its hard but try) through your nonsense, before embarrassing yourself in this manner.

Last edited:
batman-the-killing-joke-44.jpg

pmose.. sometimes its hard not to like you and this seems to be one of those times. :)

Hate break.
DSC_0037.JPG

Time for a wise saying: Even when we have found what we were searching for, we look for what we may have lost.