• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin To anyone who has had a serious heroin/opiate addiction and managed to quit how did you do it please??

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I just can't seem to stay away no matter how long I manage to quit I always end up coming back for more.

If I don't manage to make any significant progress in the next 3 months I'm planning on moving to the countryside where I don't know anyone and theirs hopefully no dealers, maybe the fields, farm animals and country air may prove to be therapeutic.

I'm literally at a desperate point now because I've realized I might never get off that shit and that is a very scary thought anyway I know I've asked this before but if anyone who has managed to quit could tell me how they did it or offer any tips it would be much appreciated.

I quit my more serious affair with opioids through the use of methadone. Before that I was injecting any opioid I could get my hands on.

Of course ive had many small to medium habits since then none of them were nearly on the scale of the pre-methadone period. That said these small to medium habits could be considered large habits to others, like my poppy pod tea habit, or my 1000mg/day tramadol habit etc. But to me they were all pretty minor in comparison.

I'm smoking the two bags now went to my grandmas because don't want to risk getting kicked out the hostel I just feel so sick and tired of living like this I wish, so bad sometimes that I could go back in time and never touch codeine or even weed I mean I'm 24 ... And I haven't got a penny to my bloody name

I quit my more serious affair with opioids through the use of methadone. Before that I was injecting any opioid I could get my hands on.

Of course ive had many small to medium habits since then none of them were nearly on the scale of the pre-methadone period. That said these small to medium habits could be considered large habits to others, like my poppy pod tea habit, or my 1000mg/day tramadol habit etc. But to me they were all pretty minor in comparison.
Thanks for the reply brother appreciated so much...

I was hoping I would get a few more post of perhaps folks sharing their experiences caring is sharing after all 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

My first real opiate addiction was oxy and I quit cold turkey. It was miserable and I had PAWS for months to years afterwards. My last kick was 100g/ day kratom and was easy and I continue to swear by the omeprazole + high dose loperamide once daily method as a really easier way to taper. Poor man's methadone and whatnot.