Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(TMA-2 / 25mg) - First Experience - Creazione di Adamo

yardbirdrc

Bluelighter
Date: February 18, 2017 - February 19, 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 1:00am
Drug: TMA-2 (2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine)
Dose: 25mg

After an MDMA session last week I was lounging around the house in the usual post-MDMA languor with a few close friends. I prepared my usual "fuck this" dose of opium tea, but two of these friends felt an urge to try something psychedelic. I opened up my briefcase and asked them to pick poisons.

"What's TMA-2?", asked Molly, as she pulled the amber vial of beige powder from it's slot. I wasn't really sure how to respond. I had acquired 250mg of the stuff back in college when I noticed it on the menu of someone I was buying 2C-B from. You don't see TMA-2 everyday, and TMA proper had been on my bucket list for a long time, so I figured it was worth having on hand. I had read a bit about it but it was hard to get a real sense of it, and more than a few of the reports I had read seemed to suggest it was on the bland side. All I could really tell her was that it was related to mescaline. I drew mescaline out in her notebook and then drew TMA and TMA-2 beside it ("see: two, four, five..."), and cracked PiHKAL open to read the Shulgin camp's reports. She and another friend decided to take the plunge at 20mg.

Their experiences both seemed quite beautiful. Both of them became very social and creatively driven. Molly spent most of the night drawing in her notebook, and we all conversed effortlessly and with deep emotion (even me on my opium!) until the small hours of the morning. When I asked them for an overall impression they both said it was top-notch.

The following Saturday I woke up with one of those really clear urges to take a psychedelic. As often as possible I try to wait for these moments and utilize them. I had plans that evening to attend a small avant-garde music festival, so the light creative buzz TMA-2 seemed to produce was appealing. I weighed out 25mg and swallowed it around 8pm after a rather large meal. I figured this would be a nice "museum" level dose.

I started to notice first alerts after an hour. The first act had just finished and we were milling about the venue. In a back room there were about a dozen guitars, banjos, mandolins and whatnot hanging from the ceiling with electric fans rigged to strum the strings. In the middle of this gauntlet was a control panel where you could modulate the speed of the fans and thus the tone of the room. I felt a strange physical energy starting to build here, like after I left the room the vibrations followed me.

This energy built rapidly during the next act, which was an improvised duet between a soprano saxophone and a bass drum. The bass drum was sitting face up and the percussionist was employing an array of unorthodox techniques to elicit sound. The drum came to represent a cauldron of ayahuasca to me. The musician would blow through the hole of a cymbal and then scrape the cymbal on the drum skin, or tap out a rhythm with the back end of a stick on the side of the drum. These noises became icaros. From that point on the trip started to take a deeply meditative tone. It became clear that the setting was not appropriate for where the trip was taking me. I said goodbye to my friends and got a ride home with Molly.

During the drive I started noticing really unique physical sensations. I would get these localized pins and needles feelings, like just my chin or elbow buzzing. It reminded me of my methaqualone experiences: that "feathery" sensation. This was pretty unexpected and a little unnerving. I wondered if it was just a sensory effect or a symptom of vasoconstriction. When I walked from the car to the elevator it felt like I was walking on air.

As soon a I got in the apartment things got really intense. I started noticing a visual component not unlike mescaline's. The Basquiat print in my bathroom sprung to life. No fractals or colors or wild aztec patterns, just "life". Suddenly I cluthced Molly and wept uncontrollably. In an instant I could see the damage I'd done to my body with years of hard drug abuse and physical inactivity. I understood how much I had been neglecting my body and treating it like an afterthought. I felt an intense mental-physical connection, and fully grasped how my neglect of my body was exacerbating my psychological pain. The weeping felt like I was vomiting up all of this toxicity - like demons were being exorcised.

I laid down on the couch and began receiving direct transmissions from what I can only describe as God. I'm not a religious person at all. The only way I can explain this phenomenon is that I went so rapidly and so deeply into my own psyche that I found a part of myself so unfamiliar that it took on an external persona. Whatever happened, it was convincing. I've never felt connected in this way to a seemingly supernatural force complete with voice, intent and personality. The next hour was just an internal conversation with this voice. It told me that I needed to take care of myself. It told me to protect Molly. It told me that there was more invested in me than I realized. It told me that because my self was inextricably connected to the global consciousness, my self destruction was globally destructive as well. It pleaded with me to stop. I nodded in agreement, with my hands folded and held to my face. Then I was struck by it physically, as if by a mallet. My entire body resonated intensely with a healing vibration for maybe twenty minutes. I felt like a tuning fork, but my body remained still to the outside observer.

After the vibration stopped the presence left and the trip diminshed rapidly. I got up and walked around a bit, which wouldn't have been possible fifteen minutes earlier. This more placid state lasted another hour or two, and was more like what I expected the experience to be like in the first place. Mildly energetic, peaceful, creative. I was exhausted, though. I had just talked to God and stuff. We managed to make love anyway, and that side of it was beautiful - rivalling 2C-B even. Colors, textures, that amphetamine "umph"... yeesh.

If I were you (and I suppose I am, right?), I'd take this report as an abberation rather than a canonical appraisal of the drug's characteristics. Or more accurately, I'd consider abberation to be a central characteristic of the drug. Some people are bored by it, some people like to draw and talk on it, and I was obliterated by it at a relatively mediocre dose. This is a terse report for lack of words rather than for lack of substance.

I did end up breaking my promises with "God" eventually. I noticed my hard drug use eased up quite a bit for about two weeks, but since then I've resumed my indulgences from time to time. I am more conscious of these things now, though. I feel conflict that I didn't feel before when I reach for a cup of lean. Benzodiazepines became absolutely revolting to me for a while, and even now while I still use them sometimes I don't quite look at them the same way. Sometimes I think "damn, I should really go for a run or something", and sometimes I do. I'm more mindful in my romantic relationship. I still have a great deal of depression weighing on me but I seem to be able to more clearly see which parts of those emotions are irrational. Even if that doesn't prevent me from feeling them, it gives me a foothold that I didn't have before.

And so I sally forth.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tma2
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual
exptype_lifechanging
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow man, such a beautiful report, thank you. <3 The stuff about neglecting your physical body and that feeding into your psychological malaise really resonates with where I'm at now. I got off opiates after 10 years with ibogaine in April 2014, and after that I started eating really well and exercising a lot, and transformed my body and got in shape. But as time has gone on, I have been using too many stimulants/empathogens, been drinking heavily several times a week, been smoking cigarettes, and not eating as well. I'm 33 and I'm starting to feel the stresses I've been putting on my body. And I notice I am not as strong mentally/emotionally as I was. I still feel like I'm in a great place but I've recently really realized the trajectory I'm on if I don't work on increasing my discipline. Reading your report felt powerful to me because it sort of resonated some recent realizations I've had and brought those moments back really strongly for a second (feeling kinda shitty today since last night I drank, drugged, smoked, stayed up late and ate drive-thru on the way home).

Anyway, I was supposed to get TMA-2, and TMA-6, recently. I previously got several things from the same vendor, and the 4-EMC and 3C-E were top-notch quality. But the escaline I got turned out to be some escaline and a "forest of unknown peaks" on a GC/MS. I was waiting for months for the TMAs to be synthed, still told I had to wait. Eventually I changed my order. I half regret that, since it seemed hit or miss - his 3C-E was really good, after all. Could be I'd get really good TMA-2 and 6. But meh, decided not to.

Thanks really cool report!! Makes me more interested to try it myself. I wonder if I am right to expect TMA-2 to be more or less the best TMA followed by TMA-6 and TMA-1 which i also have. I'd like to try a good one first as an introduction to the series...

And yeah a recent ETH-LAD trip also had a major 'getting older' and physical shape theme. I really need to tone it down with the drinking and go to the gym again (things keep getting in the way like doing a renovation job that is so physical that I won't throw the gym on top of it)

Anyway i liked this report a lot and hope I can get an experience somewhat like that... that internal hub of wisdom is something I know well from tripping in general and it plays a big role in the therapeutic qualities for me, making me want to better myself. Nothing makes me want to be a better person like mescaline, by the way.

Yeah mescaline is really special in that regard.

Thank you both for your replies, folks. Both of you have certainly touched my life and the way I think about and consume drugs through your trip reports and your presences here at bluelight, so knowing that one of my experiences impacted you both on some level is a source of pride :D

I got off opiates after 10 years with ibogaine in April 2014, and after that I started eating really well and exercising a lot, and transformed my body and got in shape. But as time has gone on, I have been using too many stimulants/empathogens, been drinking heavily several times a week, been smoking cigarettes, and not eating as well. I'm 33 and I'm starting to feel the stresses I've been putting on my body. And I notice I am not as strong mentally/emotionally as I was.
I can relate to a lot of this. It seems like I've been trading something for something since I was 16 (I'm 26 now). I was a heavy marijuana smoker for most of that time, and then within the past few years it's mostly a juggling act of poppy tea, benzos (clonazolam and etizolam), and amphetamine. A lot of that is cyclical - I take the speed for work and then when I start to crash off that I take a few drops of some benzo or I make a batch of PST. Then the next day I wake up tired from the downers, take more amphetamine, and then I'll take whichever of the two downers I didn't take the previous night to try to keep from favoring one hard enough to get WDs. Obviously jumping back and forth between opiates and benzos to avoid withdrawals isn't a great lifestyle, nor is it 100% effective at avoiding each other's withdrawals - usually I end up with some light mixture of both.

The amphetamines/benzos are more for their functional purpose (I'm going through a very busy time right now professionally). I'm hopeful that I can put some distance between myself and those two when they're no longer needed as much. The opiates though... I just love that shit. No matter what mindset I'm in or how well-adjusted I am spiritually or whatever, they're always going to be alluring, and it's been hard coming to terms with that. Drug abuse for me (and probably a lot of us) usually is born out of some deeper psychological issue that I can usually unravel with psychedelics, but I think I've reached the point with opiates where the attraction is at the deepest level and can't be "unraveled" intellectually. I'm not a daily user, but I've been hovering around 2 or 3 times a week for 6+ months now, and I've gone through WDs a handful of times. Precarious. Especially with the seated lifestyle of a software developer - I can feel both the amp and the opiates doing a number on the ol' ticker.

The whole not being "as strong mentally/emotionally" thing hits home too. I've come to see that while I've been pretty decent at leveraging self-reflection as a means of coming to terms with various roadblocks, I don't have any real coping mechanisms for the roadblocks themselves as they happen. I don't know if I just never developed them or if I lost them along the way somehow. The hard drugs take on that role very easily, and the more you use them the less able you are to rely on your own strength when you hit troubling patches in life.

Anyway, I'm happy that you've found some lasting peace from your opiate habit. I remember feeling very hopeful for you when I read your ibogaine flood dose report a couple of years ago, so it's good to hear that you've stayed clean since. I hope you find similar self control with these other substances you've mentioned if your use of them is disturbing you.

that internal hub of wisdom is something I know well from tripping in general and it plays a big role in the therapeutic qualities for me, making me want to better myself. Nothing makes me want to be a better person like mescaline, by the way.
I've certainly found psychedelics therapeutic to say the least but this is the first time it manifested with a personality of it's own, so to speak. Good to know I'm not alone in that. Also probably the first trip that has really been about "bettering" myself as opposed to "understanding" myself. The "bettering" has always been a side effect of the "understanding" in the past, but in this instance it was very much down to brass tacks.

Mescaline is certainly a special one. I haven't gotten to it yet in this round of self-maintenance but it's certainly on the list. Best there is for self-love and self-improvement, especially once some of the deeper and darker stuff has been dragged out into the open by other, less forgiving molecules. I've found it irreplaceable for "ok, now let's tie it all together" type trips. I'm very jealous of your plain old TMA, by the way. Please write a report on that should you ever get around to trying it. That and MMDA are the last two big items on my bucket list.

Best of luck to both of you in your efforts, and thanks again for reading. See you at the gym tomorrow, right?

Last edited:
No matter what mindset I'm in or how well-adjusted I am spiritually or whatever, they're always going to be alluring, and it's been hard coming to terms with that. Drug abuse for me (and probably a lot of us) usually is born out of some deeper psychological issue that I can usually unravel with psychedelics, but I think I've reached the point with opiates where the attraction is at the deepest level and can't be "unraveled" intellectually. I'm not a daily user, but I've been hovering around 2 or 3 times a week for 6+ months now, and I've gone through WDs a handful of times. Precarious. Especially with the seated lifestyle of a software developer - I can feel both the amp and the opiates doing a number on the ol' ticker.

The whole not being "as strong mentally/emotionally" thing hits home too. I've come to see that while I've been pretty decent at leveraging self-reflection as a means of coming to terms with various roadblocks, I don't have any real coping mechanisms for the roadblocks themselves as they happen. I don't know if I just never developed them or if I lost them along the way somehow. The hard drugs take on that role very easily, and the more you use them the less able you are to rely on your own strength when you hit troubling patches in life.

Anyway, I'm happy that you've found some lasting peace from your opiate habit. I remember feeling very hopeful for you when I read your ibogaine flood dose report a couple of years ago, so it's good to hear that you've stayed clean since. I hope you find similar self control with these other substances you've mentioned if your use of them is disturbing you.

I got addicted to opiates in the same way... I just really, really enjoyed the effects and over time I became addicted mentally (as well as physically), in this way that was beyond something I could reason about/with. Over the years my relationship also became extremely oppressive/dark/abusive, and I turned even more to my old friend, opiates (PST was my favorite), to cover it up. That's when it got REALLY bad. But then after the relationship ended, I still couldn't shake it. Somehow, the ibogaine flood dose just rooted that out of me. I can't say I've never had a slight urge to head over to the store and dose up if I was having a really bad comedown or something, but none of those urges have been difficult to discard. I still have dreams of using them, but every single time so far, it's only the withdrawal/shame part, and I wake up like, fuck that, thank god that was a dream. I hope you can get there, because opiates are scary, for exactly that reason. They're a shortcut to manipulating the body's natural reward system in such a potent and base-level way. It's hard to walk away from that.

But yeah it's really similar for me. I use stimulants/empathogens too often and it causes a negative cycle of counteracting the crashes with phenibut/benzos/alcohol. For me I've been using propylhexedrine the most, up to 3 times a week for a while, and I think the large amounts of camphor/lavendar oil/menthol in my stomach are starting to cause me problems because I have never had stomach issues before but my digestion just feels off, I get stomach pain sometimes, and it just feels weird in a way I can't explain. It's also, I think, affecting my bladder/prostate, because I always have a really hard time peeing and feel a strange tightness/pain in the area from propylhexedrine, and I notice those things are lingering now when I don't take it. It's crazy, I recognize the signs of compulsion from opiates, telling myself I won't do it and then doing it anyway, etc. I've got a bunch of 4-EMC on the way I ordered like a month ago from China, I think I'm going to have to dispense it to friends because I know I'll do it too much when I have it (instead of propylexedrine, hooray!). Also I've been using phenibut every other day for a few years and I am pretty sure that's getting bad for me too. it causes these weird body pains and I've been feeling increasing joint pain, I kinda suspect gout but who knows. Either way, it's gotten me out of the habit of working out because it causes some pain to run, lift weights, etc. I get some withdrawal from phenibut too, it's the only thing that does this to me out of the drugs I use.

Anyway my experience with opiate addiction makes me feel a lot stronger now, it's just really time for me to get serious about taking care of myself and using less drugs. I have no desire to be sober, and I believe I can use drugs responsibly, I was for a good while after the ibogaine, I've just let myself slip. But my life is good, I'm not needing to cover anything up, so I know I can do it. :)

Best of luck.