• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tips & Tricks for those nasty withdrawal symptoms

kingalobar333

Greenlighter
First, getting this out of the way: I already have two medical and psychiatric professionals helping me get into a detox program. I'm not asking for medical advice, just wanting to hear things that might have worked from personal experience.

In about 24 hours I'm going to be in full withdrawal from a pretty high daily dosage of Dex/Adderall. I've done it before, unfortunately (yes I know I need help... see above). My symptoms are "standard" but nonetheless scary and disruptive to daily life. Extreme lethargy, depression to the point of near-catatonia, and occasionally psychosis.

I'm hoping to get into one of those treatment programs in the next week, but I really don't know yet what the exact timeline looks like.

What are your best tips/tricks/hacks for managing withdrawal symptoms at home? I'm planning to:
  • Do some form of physical exercise daily (or at least try to force myself)
  • Take naps when my schedule allows
  • Drink tons of water
  • Have my "comfort" activities on-hand (puzzles, art stuff, books, etc.)
Okay so.... what else?

Thanks.

In-patient detox treatment for an adderall habit? Seems a bit excessive? Beyond that, the efficacy of such programs are questionable.

If someone is IV'ing dozens of 30mg adderall tablets that's a different story, but inpatient treatment for 90mg/day or etc of oral (or intranansal) adderall seems over the top. Why not just try to stop using or moderate your usage first? Going through one of those programs will just ingrain within you the notion that you are a powerless addict, etc. The problem with this is that later, when people who go through these programs relapse, they have a tendency to relapse in much more severe way since they are now "off the wagon" so they might as well go hard since they're failed anyway.

But who knows maybe you are compulsively shooting adderall up your veins and do need inpatient treatment. But I would avoid it if possible and try to control/moderate/stop your usage first before saying, "I can't control this, I need someone else to fix me" (plus, based on the statistics, the success rates are low).