• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Tips to using Kratom as a medication

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So, I've got depression and anxiety, but Kratom works great for them. For 10 years or so I've allowed myself to use it on and off, but then if I get dependent I'll get 3 days of withdrawal where I'm tired and depressed. Then IF I don't want to be able to take it again, I'll take full dose naltrexone, (which I have a prescription for), then I can't take it again at all. I like that as it takes willpower out of the equation.

But part of me thinks maybe I should just give in and take it as my daily medicine. When I've done this I'm simply happier. But there are issues:

1) constipation: how do people take any kind of opioids regularly and still regularly take a shit? I don't think it's probably good to take laxatives too regularly. So what's to be done about that?

2) I can't sleep unless kratom has worn off like AT LEAST 5 hours before bed, so I definitely don't want to wake up in the middle of the night in withdrawal, because then I'd have to dose and that would keep me awake. However, one of my biggest WD symptoms is being tired, so I'd probably just go back to sleep.

3) How quickly do you go into withdrawal, and do you find life managable knowing you have to redose so often? And are there any other side effects that can happen as a result of Kratom addiction that I might not know about?

P.S. Note that I will most likely try to make or, even better, obtain Ultra Low Dose naltrexone to prevent withdrawal symptoms altogether. It behaves in a COMPLETELY OPPOSITE manner from full dose or even just low dose naltrexone, but still, there are the constipation issues, and to some extent the sleep problem as well as excess itching.

And for anyone who did used to try to avoid kratom dependency, but then decided to give in and use at for medicinal reasons (especially mental health reasons), did you feel it was the right choice? Was it worth it?

Last edited:
So, I've got depression and anxiety, but Kratom works great for them. For 10 years or so I've allowed myself to use it on and off, but then if I get dependent I'll get 3 days of withdrawal where I'm tired and depressed. Then IF I don't want to be able to take it again, I'll take full dose naltrexone, (which I have a prescription for), then I can't take it again at all. I like that as it takes willpower out of the equation.

But part of me thinks maybe I should just give in and take it as my daily medicine. When I've done this I'm simply happier. But there are issues:

1) constipation: how do people take any kind of opioids regularly and still regularly take a shit? I don't think it's probably good to take laxatives too regularly. So what's to be done about that?

2) I can't sleep unless kratom has worn off like AT LEAST 5 hours before bed, so I definitely don't want to wake up in the middle of the night in withdrawal, because then I'd have to dose and that would keep me awake. However, one of my biggest WD symptoms is being tired, so I'd probably just go back to sleep.

3) How quickly do you go into withdrawal, and do you find life managable knowing you have to redose so often? And are there any other side effects that can happen as a result of Kratom addiction that I might not know about?

P.S. Note that I will most likely try to make or, even better, obtain Ultra Low Dose naltrexone to prevent withdrawal symptoms altogether. It behaves in a COMPLETELY OPPOSITE manner from full dose or even just low dose naltrexone, but still, there are the constipation issues, and to some extent the sleep problem as well as excess itching.

And for anyone who did used to try to avoid kratom dependency, but then decided to give in and use at for medicinal reasons (especially mental health reasons), did you feel it was the right choice? Was it worth it?
I never get people complaining about kratom withdrawal , this shit ain't physically addictive unless you are some girl with zero tolerance for any side effect . Used it 3 months straight 20/30 grams daily not even a slight rebound was noticable . Using stuff for depression always leads instantly to addiction its unavoidable , stuff stops working no matter what shit it is . Suboxone great for depression first months afterwards i got insane rage from it . Ghb leaded to 24/7 dosing which was horrible . Kratom is another 2 hour measely high . I hate stuff that has short durations it makes it useless asf .

I never get people complaining about kratom withdrawal , this shit ain't physically addictive unless you are some girl with zero tolerance for any side effect
that's quite a silly comment

Used it 3 months straight 20/30 grams daily not even a slight rebound was noticable .
sounds like you bought terrible quality kratom

that's quite a silly comment

sounds like you bought terrible quality kratom
And also i always thought it was pretty much universal knowledge that kratom will never make you rllly that high or anything no matter how good the quality is ?

With kratom i take massive shits unlike other opioides which constipates . Must be all the fiber ..

With kratom i take massive shits unlike other opioides which constipates . Must be all the fiber ..
same

And also i always thought it was pretty much universal knowledge that kratom will never make you rllly that high or anything no matter how good the quality is ?
I suppose so, but that doesn't somehow preclude kratom from causing significant withdrawal.

No high mitragaine strain because the effects are decently noticable . So how much and how long for physical addiction to occur ?
I think you might be making the mistake of directly comparing kratom withdrawal to that of other major opioids?

The true nastiness of physical dependence to kratom is a lot more complex than it's opioid withdrawal factor.

same

I suppose so, but that doesn't somehow preclude kratom from causing significant withdrawal.

I think you might be making the mistake of directly comparing kratom withdrawal to that of other major opioids?

The true nastiness of physical dependence to kratom is a lot more complex than it's opioid withdrawal factor.
I don't know , i also used suboxone (snorting) for over a year and didn't feel any physical symptoms besides major depression which i was using it for in the first place. Suboxone is definitely a evil drug compared to kratom no doubt . I just don't believe kratom causes "significant withdrawal" maybe if you keep dosing every 2 hour like i did with ghb and you need to take up to 50/60 grams daily for very long periods of time . But every brain chemistry is different ofcourse so who am i to say it can't for other people , so you are right about that . I just find gaba withdrawals significant more extreme because i am prone to anxiety . Also could you elobarate what you mean with kratom wd is is more complex than its opioide withdrawal ? Does kratom even touch the MU receptors where heroine/morphine/suboxone bind to ?

same

I also had the same with pregalabine , used it alot for ghb withdawal which helped tremendously but never experienced any wd nor rebound effects from it , while i definitely readed wd would be "horrible".

same

It does preclude withdrawal in its severity , you know why ? Kratom barely has any effect after the second dose . Out of all my dependancy experiences the lesser the high the lesser it hits strong on the receptors which turns into a significant low withdrawal profile .

That's because a majority of people will get zero withdrawal symptoms from pregabalin and gabapentin. But if you're one of the unlucky ones who have to deal with withdrawals, it's not pretty.

Kratom does hit that opioid receptor, though apparently it's in more of a partial way. But being a plant, its effects on your body are also a lot more complicated and less predictable than a pure, controlled chemical.

That's because a majority of people will get zero withdrawal symptoms from pregabalin and gabapentin. But if you're one of the unlucky ones who have to deal with withdrawals, it's not pretty.

Kratom does hit that opioid receptor, though apparently it's in more of a partial way. But being a plant, its effects on your body are also a lot more complicated and less predictable than a pure, controlled chemical.
Oke i see , so could kratom wd just be as severe as a strong opioide or won't it ever become that horrible ? It just doen't seem/feel that way for me . But thats ofcourse my own opinion of it .

Wonder if people experience withdrawals from Kratom just by taking it alone, or are they using Kratom to get off a harder substance and then experience withdrawals stopping the kratom?

Wonder if people experience withdrawals from Kratom just by taking it alone, or are they using Kratom to get off a harder substance and then experience withdrawals stopping the kratom?
Kratom wd is worse then benzo/heroine wd combined . Source Quora .

I never get people complaining about kratom withdrawal , this shit ain't physically addictive unless you are some girl with zero tolerance for any side effect . Used it 3 months straight 20/30 grams daily not even a slight rebound was noticable . Using stuff for depression always leads instantly to addiction its unavoidable , stuff stops working no matter what shit it is . Suboxone great for depression first months afterwards i got insane rage from it . Ghb leaded to 24/7 dosing which was horrible . Kratom is another 2 hour measely high . I hate stuff that has short durations it makes it useless asf .
I will get 3 days that are unpleasant if I do too much, and no, I'm not a girl, but I like girls, so lets not insult them lol. Kratom WD isn't like some living hell, I just find it unpleasant, and I've never used strong opiates so I don't have that to compare it to and I'm careful not to get into that shit. It's less the symptoms and more that it becomes useless if used too much. That tough guy talk doesn't mean much to me though lol. I can do a 20 minute ice bath that would leave most shaking or jumping out after 2 minutes, used to regularly place in advanced BJJ tournaments, and have pushed through 3 torn ACLs, but none of that is really that big a deal either. Anyways...using stuff for depression doesn't ALWAYS INSTANTLY lead to addiction. I've managed to not really get fully addicted throughout 10 years of sporadic usage. Suboxone is stronger than Kratom with worse withdrawal most likely so I'm not interested in getting into that. Also, Kratom lasts 4 hours for me, not 2. 2 would be pretty useless.

Last edited:
No, that's not universal knowledge, cause it's not true for me, and I'm sure it's not true for everyone else either.