• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tips for storing tianeptine sodium powder

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
This is the first time I've ordered the sodium form; previously ordered pre-capped tianeptine sulfate. The stuff is already a bit sticky upon opening it for the first time. Does anyone have any tips for storing this so it doesn't totally harden up on me? Right now I have the tub it came in inside an airtight glass bowl in the refrigerator, as I saw a few people (I think on Reddit) suggest the refrigerator or freezer. However, due to the humidity in the air, there is some condensation on everything in the fridge, and I feel like this is going to create problems. Is the freezer okay? I feel like that could damage the integrity of the substance, but I'm still pretty new to this stuff.

Anyone have any tips or secrets?

There is already a silica gel packet in the tub, but as I said, upon opening for the first time I could tell it was already a bit sticky (sticking to the scoop).

Thanks in advance.

Why not just close the lid leave it in a room at air temp? I never had issue when with tianepetine

Why not just close the lid leave it in a room at air temp? I never had issue when with tianepetine

This should work, has for me with an airtight container.

It can be problematic in high humidity if it's a large amount and you are constantly opening the container to get more. The dessicant package inside will help but it can can only help so much.

What I did was seperate my tianeptine into two airtight containers. A small container that I dosed from daily and a larger container that opened only when I needed to refill the smaller container.

Kept the air tight larger container in a cool dark dry place with a dessicant pack inside and never had any problems. I did replace the dessicant pack a few times I noticed things getting slightly sticky... Seemed to help.

I have also dried some slightly sticky clumpy tianeptine in the oven on the lowest temp a few times (175F I think).

Sorry for the double post

upon opening for the first time I could tell it was already a bit sticky (sticking to the scoop).

That is pretty much the way tianeptine sodium is always ime.

Tianeptine is pretty annoying to handle, caustic, sticks to anything even remotely moist. I also used a separate container to keep the main one fresh, although I didn't let it last long enough to go bad. I binged for a good 2 weeks on 10 grams and by the end I was quadruple loading that little scooper and taking at least a couple of those scoops every dose. It was extremely fiendish for some reason

Thanks for the replies. I didn't buy a huge amount so I don't think it'll last long enough to cause a problem, from what you guys have said. I'm just gonna keep it in the airtight bowl in the fridge, since the tub it came in is pretty light/cheap. If I order a larger amount next time I'll go with the two different containers.