View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tips for reducing stomach pain of hbwr seeds

Jackplays

Bluelighter
Title pretty much says it all, I don't mind being nauseous a little bit, but I'm looking to figure out a way to minimize or get rid of the crippling stomach pain. I am still looking to consuming the seeds normally, so I get the max effect.

What people say:

· @jed350z Get 20 to 50 and scrape the skin off ALL of them, use the cold water extraction method for about a day or so. Filter the water out so you DON'T INGEST ANY OF THE SEED! sip on it diluted by like koolaid or something and whith each sip keep it in your mouth for a lil before swollowing. BOOM thats how you do it without any nausia and trip nuts, ENJOY

blindtheye
4 months ago
· The best way to ingest woodrose seeds is to make it into a tea by grinding them up in a coffee grinder placing the powered seeds in cold water for 24 hours, than using a coffee filter, filter the tea into a separate cup add 2 drops of essential oil of mint. drink the tea, smoke a bit of weed and you should be fine.

yellowsunshinerain
10 months ago
· Take 6 woodrose seeds, make sure they are untreated and shelled, smash them up, put them in a water tight bag, add a small amount of water (just to hydrate the smashed up seeds) put them in the freezer for 1 hour, let them thaw out then put in freezer again for 1 hour, defrost them, let them soak in a glass of water for 6 hours, stir on the hour, add some lime concentrate before drinking...voila! no cramps or throwing up.

MrSangha108
1 year ago
· Ok well I put 5, mashed up seeds, into 100ml of water (seeds were already shelled [peeled]) and let them soak for 8 hours. I then drank half the liquid, discarding the seeds themselves, with a small amount of warm milk. I had one of the greatest experiences of my life, had virtually no nausea whatsoever (5 minutes of a gassy stomach, that's all).. I could have easily doubled or tripled the dose and been fine. Water extraction method is best. It removes probably 90% of the nausea.

paulthebob
1 year ago

· @jed350z get rid of the scrape of the seeds then pulverize them with for example a coffee grinder, put the seed powder in a glass, mix it with distilled water or wine and put them in a dark, cold place (a refrigerator will work, put aluminium foil around the glass so no light will do any harm to the LSA). let it sit for 24 hours, then filter your extract with a non-bleached coffee filter to get rid of all the seed mush. after that just drink it, preferably on an empty stomach.

xlowpitch
4 months ago

Remove the husk of the seed by cracking it open with a sharp pair of scissors or pliers. Peel off the shell and remove the seed pulp found inside. Crush this center seed in a non-porous bowl or mug and put into a small glass of water. A shot glass should work fine.
You should have fasted for several hours prior to, and don't eat anything for a few hours after to make sure your innards aren't coated (and thereby preventing absorption of the LSA). The seeds should then be soaked in water for 2 hours prior to drinking the water and consuming the seeds.

-----

I suspect that soaking them in wine for 24 hours produces a lot more LSA than those same seeds would have produced if they were soaked in water for 2 hours. Also, never consume the husks of HBW seeds.

-----

It is believed a better way to ingest them than crushing the entire seeds and soaking them in water for 2 hours is to" Crush the seeds and Infusing them in wine for 12-24 hours".
Note: Soaking for longer than 2 hours may produce a much stronger effect than is necessary and it is recommended to only soak them for two hours.The ergoline alkaloids can be hydrolysed into Lysergic Acid.
That is the reason for infusing the seeds in wine or water for 2-24 hours.

-----

The best looking seeds were picked out and 10 were smashed up and let soak in water for around 30 minutes. The resulting mush was laid on the tongue for a bit then swallowed.

-----

I believe that sublingual absorption allows me to experience the very pleasant intoxicating effects of HBWR without the nausea. I simply take my normal dose and add half that amount
(eg: if I normally take 6 seeds swallowed, I use 9 for this method). I Grind the seeds as finely as possible, almost to a powderlike consistency. Then add a teaspoon of water, and a teaspoon or more of juice.
Wait 5 minutes. Pour into mouth (including all the seed grit). DON'T SWALLOW any of it. Swirl the mush with the tongue every once in awhile. Hold for 15-30 minutes. Spit out. Go lie down, relax, have a good time.

-----

I crushed up a dozen seeds, handpicked out of a pile of about 150, with pliers and further crushed them with a flat surface to some pretty fine chunks. I then placed them in 2 or so shots of ice cold grain alcohol and let it sit for 4 days in a dark place.

-----

1. Grind HBW seeds (for more potency, try the Madagascar variety) to a fine powder based on preferred dosage (~5-12 seeds common, varies per individual) Adding a few addition seeds than your usual dose is recommended since some potency WILL be lost in the process.

*Some have mentioned that scraping the seeds will reduce nausea, but there is absolutely NO scientific evidence to support that conjecture. Do it if you wish, but it is time consuming and, most likely, pointless*

2. Open a tea bag (store bought is fine) CAREFULLY and add ground HBW powder along with 1 gram of fresh grated ginger and/or mint leaves (optional, but medically proven to reduce nausea), re-staple bag, shake to mix, set aside.

3. Obtain a sizable mason jar (or any jar with a tight lid)

4. Fill jar with a quantity of COLD de-ionized (aka distilled or doubled distilled) water (~ 1 oz./5 HWB)

5. Dissolve a small amount of tartaric acid powder (available online, though “cream of tartar” will work in a pinch, albeit weakly) in the water (~1 mg. of acid / seed)

*Alternatively, in lieu of using distilled water and tartaric acid powder, white wine can be used because it already contains the necessary tartaric acid. In addition, the LSA’s in HBW are more soluble in alcohol*

6. Place tea bag(s) in jar, secure lid, and place in a brown paper bag (to reduce exposure to LSA-destroying sunlight and heat). Shake well.

7. Place jar in refrigerator and leave for 12-24 hours (no longer than 24 to avoid mold/bacteria). Shake as often as you can/want, the more the better.

*For those of you who can’t be bothered with shaking, I find that placing a cheap, CLEAN waterproof lady’s vibrator in the jar works as an extremely effective gyrator*

8. After time has elapsed, remove the teabag (and vibrator if used…duh) and squeeze excess juice into jar, discarding teabag afterwards.

9. At this point, your concoction is ready for consumption. If you are still worried about nausea, chew on an additional piece of fresh ginger, some mint leaves, or you could take some OTC Dramamine, Bismuth, Meclizine, Posphorylated carbohydrate solution, or Promethazine if you can get it (prescription Rx). Taking on an empty (or near empty) stomach is usually helpful also. If you are worried about taste, adding sugar, honey, or other sweeteners will not affect potency.

I suggest 5-12 seeds per person, based on weight, age, tolerance, mindset, etc.

-----

get like 20 to 50 of em scrape the skin off ALL of them, use the cold water extraction method for about a day or so. filter the water out so you DONT INGEST ANY OF THE SEED! sip on it dilluted by like koolaid or something and whith each sip keep it in your mouth for a lil before swollowing. BOOM thats how you do it without any nausia and trip nuts, ENJOY

blindtheye
4 months ago
· The best way to ingest woodrose seeds is to make it into a tea by grinding them up in a coffee grinder placing the powered seeds in cold water for 24 hours, than using a coffee filter, filter the tea into a separate cup add 2 drops of essential oil of mint. drink the tea, smoke a bit of weed and you should be fine.

yellowsunshinerain
10 months ago

I just took 8 seeds, scraped then with a knife. All that fungus comes off,,Get em wet real quick, scrape the fungus off. I ground a few up, put in a capsule. I soaked a few in water for 6 hrs, and chewed 2 up. No problem, no discomfort. The key is to get that fungus off. Also take a little alcohol before or with the dose.

-----
I've used HBW for years, no problems. My method - put seeds in bag, powder seeds with hammer. Pour powder into shot glass with small amount of water + small amount of lemon juice. Leave for 60 mins, stirring reguarly. Drink concotion but DO NOT SWALLOW, instead hold it under tongue, swish round mouth occasionally. Hold for 30 mins, spit, rinse plenty with water. I use 5 seeds, then I repeat a little while later with 4/ 5 seeds, trippin nicely, minimal side fx. Never puked, great experience.

SuperWhale101
11 months ago
· A cold water extraction can eliminate the worst effects.
My friend crushed eight seeds and put them in an emptied teabag, tied up with some thread. He then put the teabag in about 300ml of cold water and put it in a dark place for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Afterwards he strained the resulting liquid and drank it (on a relatively empty stomach).
Mild to strong nausea occurred for the first hour and a half but then subsided. Mild restriction of blood flow continued throughout.

sharperguy
1 year ago

· Take 6 woodrose seeds, make sure they are untreated and shelled, smash them up, put them in a water tight bag, add a small amount of water (just to hydrate the smashed up seeds) put them in the freezer for 1 hour, let them thaw out then put in freezer again for 1 hour, defrost them, let them soak in a glass of water for 6 hours, stir on the hour, add some lime concentrate before drinking...voila! Your 1st hbwr trip without the cramps or throwing your guts up. (works 4 me and my buddies : )

MrSangha108
1 year ago
· Ok well I put 5, mashed up seeds, into 100ml of water (seeds were already shelled [peeled]) and let them soak for 8 hours. I then drank half the liquid, discarding the seeds themselves, with a small amount of warm milk. I had one of the greatest experiences of my life, had virtually no nausea whatsoever (5 minutes of a gassy stomach, that's all).. I could have easily doubled or tripled the dose and been fine. Water extraction method is best. It removes probably 90% of the nausea.

paulthebob
1 year ago
· no need to chew or eat the seeds. remove the outside fuzz, crush or grind the seeds, soak them in a small glass of COLD water with a few drops lemon/lime juice.. filter/strain after 30-45 mins.. mix with juice, or drink it straight slowly

hellixxx
1 year ago

PREPARATION:

• 8 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds
• Coleman Fuel (AKA white gas) (available at camping supply and hardware stores)
• 8 oz. Distilled water (available at grocery stores)
• Two jars with lids
• Two coffee filters
• Cookie sheet or comparable flat surface

This will take about 3 hours preparation and an additional 28 hours of non-involvement waiting. (You must invest this time. No shortcuts.)

Scrape off all dark brown coating on HBW seeds. Perhaps if an extraction really does only extract the LSA, this step is irrelevant, but, for me, with the stomach churning memories of a non-extraction trip fresh in my mind, I scraped anyway. I used a strong Xacto knife. It took about an hour. Eventually I had 8 seeds that now were of a very light coffee color.

Crush / smash seeds. Ideally you want all seed matter to be reduced to powder form. Use a coffee grinder, or a mortar and pestle. I just crushed them with pliers, then dropped them in a Ziploc bag and hammered them. This left me with a portion of powder, a majority of granules, and a few stray larger chunks.

Add seed matter to jar. Pour in fuel, enough to cover seed matter, plus some. I’ve read you can’t add too much, but you can do too little, so go ahead and use the fuel. Leave enough room in the jar to shake it later. I used Coleman’s fuel, which comes in a 1 gallon can and is readily available in camping & hardware stores.

Seal jar and shake it up.

Let this sit for 60 minutes, shaking occasionally. Sometimes a seed chunk would hug the jar above the fuel line. I made sure to swish the liquid around so that all seed matter was in the fuel bath before walking away from it.

With a coffee filter over another jar, pour the seed mush and fuel through it. Takes a little time. Eventually you will have fuel in the 2nd jar and seed pulp in the coffee filter. Apparently you can re-use this fuel, but having bought a gallon, I opted to set the opened jar outside and let it evaporate.

Spread the seed mush out on a cookie sheet. Smell it. Smells bad? It should. But take note of that fuel smell as you will want to let the seed mush sit here for a few hours until YOU DO NOT SMELL THE FUEL ANYMORE! Also, keep it out of the sun, and open a window. Just let it sit and evaporate. For me, it took about 3 hours until I could no longer smell the gas. What was left was a familiar “nutty” scent attributed to the HBW seed.

Add dried, fuel-scent free seed matter to a clean jar. Pour in 8 ozs. of DISTILLED water. I’ve read that tap water, containing chemicals, isn’t good enough. And that 190 proof Vodka is the best. But the extractions using alcohol call for 3 days waiting which I did not have. I bought a jug of distilled water at the grocery store instead. Whatever amount of water you add at this point you will end up drinking the next day for the dose. I chose 8 ozs., but I suppose less would be just as good.

Seal lid. Shake it up. Let sit for 24 hours. The liquid will go from light yellow, to gold, then light brown, and finally, one day later, dark dark brown. I shook it up occasionally.

Now, with a coffee filter over a water glass, carefully pour water & seed mush through filter. This is a much slower process than the first filtration, so be patient. It took about an hour. And I ended up accidentally spilling some over the side. When all water and seed mush is strained, discard the filter and mush.

In your water glass you now have 8 ozs. of water containing the LSA of 8 HBW seeds. Congratulations. I drank mine slowly, over the course of 30 minutes. I held each gulp in my mouth for a few minutes, seeing if I could get the LSA going sublingually quicker than the normal slow LSA onset. I also took large gulps of clean water in between. I felt light effects 20 minutes after starting the drink. Within 2 hours I started my peak.

I had dinner at 8pm. And confidently dosed at 10pm. I had a 4 hour peak LSA trip that can be described as somewhat psychedelic and very “drunk”. Some visual distortions, and some fun emotional journeys. I had absolutely no problems in my stomach. I probably could have even eaten if I had felt like it. Although, since I spilled some water at the end of the extraction (I ended up with 6 ozs. in the glass) and I didn’t entirely smash up my seeds, I’d speculate I did not get as much LSA from 8 seeds as possible.

You could always use a larger amount of seeds and then check yourself as you gradually dose. Also, there is a lot of talk of Everclear or 190 proof Vodka, or even 80 proof alcohol instead of the distilled water. I’ve read that water, no matter what kind, will not totally eliminate the nausea-causing elements of these seeds. But this was not my experience.

Mr Peabody comin in big! Seems like I'm going to just de-husk the seeds, but how would I do that without completely smashing them or heating them up? I will take a low dose of dph (I would assume 1/2 the normal sleeping dose would be sufficient), and I'll save a little weed. Sound like that'll work for a good trip with minimal nausea?

I just put the HBWR seeds in my mouth whole and chew them up. It's like eating popcorn kernels from the bottom of the popcorn bag. I can't believe all the prep some ppl do. I just make sure I take off the outermost fuzzy husk. It usually just slips right off. After I swallow the chewed up seeds I will then follow with 4-6 chewable papaya enzyme tablets. It's a dietary supplement that helps food digest. Also works great for me with shrooms, amanitas, kratom and robogels. Any one else ever use papaya enzymes to help digest drugs?

The hulls come off pretty easily, you should be able to do that with your fingernails. For what it's worth, I find 4-5 HBW seeds mind-blowing. I would be very careful about taking any more than that in the first instance.

flammarion-c1.jpg

Last edited: