• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tips for quitting meth

sky-hi

Greenlighter
I know this would of been asked millions of times, but...........
I need advise on what "aids" have been useful to quit smoking meth.
From prescriptions, vitamins, holistic/alternative ANYTHING!
After nearly 10 years of smoking only daily never quit before i need to for many reasons and I don't know why but I am scared! This has been my life as a dealer/user for so long I no longer deal just smoke (not good for the pocket) I don't want to go to a facility due to having evidence of addiction issues for child protection reasons as I have no medical history and claim they are wrong so can't go that route. Any advise will be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
are you talking about weed here? and if so what state ?

Im in the same boat I need tips as well I can quit opiates time after time I have a method for that but for speed I have nothing and I won't go to a rehab so can somebody help us thank u

Im in the same boat I need tips as well I can quit opiates time after time I have a method for that but for speed I have nothing and I won't go to a rehab so can somebody help us thank u
you need to be more specific. "smoking" could be anything - please let us know what you have been using, how often and what methods of ingestion and we will have a place to start.

There's no real easy way. With opioids/heroin etc you can get buprenorphine which (to my understanding) helps with the cravings/getting off opioids.

With meth, it's a psychological addiction. You'll have to write up a list of cons vs pros about taking it (I'm assuming you do want to quit), maybe get some counselling/therapy in place. Even drug and alcohol counselling if seeing a psychologist will cost you. There is a pretty good app called I Am Sober, which helps you track your usage, emotions and activities. It also works out how much you're saving not using. It's pretty cool. But look honestly, you just have to have the will power to throw your pipe out, not have any contact with your user friends or dealers, or people (I'm guessing) you might be supplying. It's a tough road, but you thinking about quitting is the first part.

It's a good start. It will be hard since you've been smoking nearly daily, but you can do anything you put your mind towards.

Have some supportive friends you can reach out to if you have cravings, have a hobby to keep you occupied and keep your mind off meth (2-3+ weeks from quitting your mind will literally just be seeking out meth). The first 4-7 days are probably the hardest if you're a daily user. By about 3-4 weeks after quitting, you should be starting to feel yourself craving a bit less. It's a constant battle, but have a plan to quit and try sticking to it. You might relapse once or twice, and you're only human, but you can always learn from the relapse. Trust me though, 3+ months after quitting, you will feel a lot better.

Best of luck and I'll keep an eye out on this thread. PM me if you want to talk about anything :)

his would of been asked millions of times, but...........
I need advise on what "aids" have been useful to quit.
From prescriptions,
There's really no pharmacological solutions for this. Naltrexone can help (off-label), it'll kind of numb you and the cravings won't exist. But I'm not encouraging it since it's only used off-label as far as I'm aware. Otherwise a good multivitamin, regular exercise (after 5+ days of not being on it) and sheer will power. If you can get some benzos prescribed they could help through the worst parts of it all. But they could also push you to relapse. So it's tricky. Just my 2c.

Personally I tried stuff like 5-htp, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and L-Dopa. They did nothing to help. Well, nothing substantial. Just money down the drain. Some good coffee every day + exercise after the first few days are over will really do you wonders. And as much sleep as you can get, your body will need it.

Also, maybe electrolytes would help.

Just a thought, no research backing it but I suspect a bit of quetiapine might be ok with masking some of the withdrawal effects.

Modafinil can help with the cravings to an extent but you'll just feel unnecesary tweaking from it. It might take a couple of tries but you can quit cold turkey :) It's a rough ride but it's worth it!

Exercise and keeping a daily journal just to help to keep it one day at a time. I'd avoid caffeine and sugar and take pre/probiotics for a month after about 2 weeks. I'd probably use red vein kratom one time in the middle if withdrawals but all that is just me I don't even like stims, but yeah, smoked crystal once it got me a bigger rush than anything ever. Got addicted to benzos as a result which literally sent me to hell.