• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tips For PROPER IV Drug Use Care?

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
Mainly tips on proper injecting and sanitary tips for reducing the risk of infections. Thank you!

Well, I usually bleach the area and spoon, lay down a clean paper towel, use clean equiptment, wash with antibacterial soap and clean with alcohol the skin area you need. I have never gotten any type of infection. Cleanliness, you'll get your buzz, but don't be so anxious you forget cleanliness. Also, peroxide is not a substitute for alcohol. Peroxide kills nothing. If you intend to reuse equiptment, rinse with bleach, take it apart, get the rubber clean. Blood grows bacteria, and a simple rinse will not thoroughly decontaminate your rig. There will still be blood traces. Depending, if you're doing meth, try to hydrate frequently with electolytes and eat at least once a day, and even if you don't want to, try to lay down at least 3-4 hours. You do that and you won't start looking like a meth head, which, btw, anyone can see and it's like advertising if you get pulled over.

I have a question. Im unable to easily access insulin syringes, I live in texas, strict strict strict, and no exchange programs period. so im using a 3 cc syringe with a 22 gage needle smallest tractor supply carries. my wife is attached to my hip 24/7 and knows I've used before so I've been using the same syringe and needle for 3-4 weeks. suddenly I cant seem to register in any location lower arm upper arm hand foot, and as a result have missed several shots. however I've now discovered it's not from me not being able to find a vein but a cloged needle/ worn out equipment of some sort. I.just finished a shot and surprisingly had a fat vein bulging and most obviously was in it. when I pushed on plunger, no register, there was no burn no pain and after shot absolutely no bump and I got my regular great rush. the syringe is one of those twist on kind. I seem to.have good suction because drawing up water is very easy but can not get a register from vein. I've filled it up with water several times and blasted it out, I've sucked up rubbing alcohol and blasted it out even got sewing needle and stuck it in back side of needle to open hole still nothing what can I do to get it to register. I know I need to just get a new one but until then im gonna do meth and possibly miss help