• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tips For Fentanyl Users (Serious - Do not Demonize This Drug In Here)

Joey

Bluelighter
I'll start with one.

No matter what the color, batch, or how solid your connection is. If you didn't make it yourself, you do NOT know the potency. Or what it's cut with.

NEVER IV the first hit off a bag and NEVER take a 'good' hit of it otherwise. Start small. This drug is not a joke. If you're regularly using...

Here is number two

You will most likely be a soldier who knows death as a person all experience if you're a regular user of fentanyl. Overdose is common. I've overdosed at least two dozen times.

Always carry narcan.

Always have a friend with you, or use a service like Canada's nors.ca phone line or the Brave app at brave.coop

If you don't have services like his available PLEASE don't use alone!

The interesting thing is that fentanyl is actually very safe and useful when used in medical settings

Great for cancer and traumatic injuries

The interesting thing is that fentanyl is actually very safe and useful when used in medical settings

Great for cancer and traumatic injuries
That’s true but I actually tried it for the first time and i overdosed,I won’t fuck with it no more ,to use this from a street source you’d have to add a hit of it to a bottle of soda or something and drink one mouthful and waiting 45 minutes till the next mouthful,I’d never sniff or smoke this shit again ,,so easy to overdose if you think it’s a regular bag of smack from days gone by..

Yes, in known quantities administered by capable individuals, fentanyl has a more favorable therapeutic index than morphine or diacetylmorphine, meaning there is wider gap between a therapeutic dose and toxic dose.

Problem is fentanyl is just so potent and the concentrations are so varied and inconsistent that the wide therapeutic window is effective shut and pretty much irrelevant.

Another big problem is the average strength seems to increasing. While the rhetoric of 2mg of fentanyl being an average lethal dose is a bit of hyperbole, hot pills have been shown to have over 10mg of fentanyl on occasion which is definitely a lethal dose for a non-tolerant person.

I'll start with one.

No matter what the color, batch, or how solid your connection is. If you didn't make it yourself, you do NOT know the potency. Or what it's cut with.

NEVER IV the first hit off a bag and NEVER take a 'good' hit of it otherwise. Start small. This drug is not a joke. If you're regularly using...

Here is number two

You will most likely be a soldier who knows death as a person all experience if you're a regular user of fentanyl. Overdose is common. I've overdosed at least two dozen times.

Always carry narcan.

Always have a friend with you, or use a service like Canada's nors.ca phone line or the Brave app at brave.coop

If you don't have services like his available PLEASE don't use alone

Becareful man it sounds like you're playing around with this stuff.
Im not sure if

Fent is safe in medical settings because they hook you onto a breathing machine, isn't it?
Interesting that it should have a bigger therapeutic window than morphine, didn't think that.

I wouldn't say fent is demonized here, but treated as risky as it is as illegal, pre-mixed and pre-dosed drug where you NEVER can be sure that there is no hotspot which could OD or kill you. Never. Powders containing fent are dangerous.
IF you have access to pure stuff then volumetric dosing is the way to go. Well-mixed liquids are much less dangerous.

Another point is that fent is so potent that one might have problems finding a substitute which catches withdrawal, and that fent does lead to 30-min habits where one redoses every 30 mins to avoid going turkey. Morphine gives you at least half if not a whole day, methadone gives 24h and bupe even more. The precipitated wd from bupe, if it is even able to displace fent, must be horrifying.