• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Tips for enjoying my roll instead of worrying about everybody else's?

RollYourBoat

Bluelighter
Don't take the title the wrong way-I definitely enjoy rolling. I mean ecstasy makes everything fun in my experience. But I notice that I spend so much time worrying about whether or not everybody else is having fun/performing lightshows and roll ticks for others, that I feel like I might not be enjoying my roll to the fullest.
Does anyone else here have the same issue? I'm always reassured by everyone that they are indeed enjoying themselves when I ask, but still worry in my own head space. It seems silly in retrospect, but it's still there (lol).
How do you guys spend more time enjoying yourselves, and less time making sure everyone else is entertained?

Don't roll with inexperienced people if you feel like you don't want the "responsiblse" card.

How do you guys spend more time enjoying yourselves, and less time making sure everyone else is entertained?

By realizing, after having gained experience with the substance, that you don't need to ask how they are doing, they are doing GREAT. It's normal to care for other peoples feelings when on MDMA as that's exactly the intended effect. But think about this: Do you enjoy your roll more just because your friends are with you and are having fun? If your answer is yes then there we have it: you don't need to make sure everyone has a good roll as just being around your friends and interacting with them will make their roll better, because they enjoy your company. You don't need to consciously try to steer it, it will steer itself. I'm not saying you shouldn't do these things, if it increases your own pleasure and positively impacts your roll then by all means go for it! But if the only goal is to positively impact your friends' roll that is not needed, as they will without a doubt have a fantastic roll just by your presence. And indeed even without your presence. MDMA always feels fantastic, you won't make anyones roll turn from bad to good because there are only good rolls (except for OD's, adulturants, etc,...)

But think about this: Do you enjoy your roll more just because your friends are with you and are having fun? If your answer is yes then there we have it: you don't need to make sure everyone has a good roll as just being around your friends and interacting with them will make their roll better

Thanks for the input :)
I've always found myself to be really strange in the way that no matter what I'm taking (mdma or otherwise) I'm an extremely empathetic drug taker and can't have fun unless I'm certain everyone else is.
It just seems to be this weird mindset I get into when rolling, that like I said earlier, I realize is silly in the long run.

Yeah I'm exactly the same. In the beginning I was constantly hauling water to everyone, making sure they took some time to cool down, seeing how everyone was doing and making sure they had a good time.

But after a while you come to realize that it works both ways. Just as seeing that they're having fun increases your own happiness, they will get happiness out of seeing that you're also having fun. So the trick is to find balance between showing empathy towards others and just enjoying your own roll. You are an emphatic drug user and that will not change, it's the same for me and has been for years, but there are a lot more ways to show that empathy than the more direct ones you are using. For instance showing that you are happy to be there with them by having an ear to ear grin and having an amazing time means a lot too, as this strengthens friendship bonds, you are willing to let it all go, to have unrestrained fun together with them. In other words you completely trust them in that moment. This subconsciously shows you care for them, without saying a word. And trust me they will pick up on this :)

Wow this has turned quite philosophical =D it's the weed speaking, my bad

Last edited:
MDMA is a set/setting drug, and others that are around you can directly influence how you feel. With that said, MDMA is all about producing that communal vibe, which comes from within. Sharing that vibe with others will help them to enjoy themselves, and in return they'll feel good, and share the good vibes with you. I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but sometimes when I'm coming up/peaking I have these conspiracy thoughts about how everyone around me is trying to 'ruin my vibe'. It usually goes away after a while, but sometimes even requires me to change rooms briefly or something, before coming back and feeling just superb!

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but sometimes when I'm coming up/peaking I have these conspiracy thoughts about how everyone around me is trying to 'ruin my vibe'. It usually goes away after a while, but sometimes even requires me to change rooms briefly or something, before coming back and feeling just superb!

Ha I don't think I've ever gotten that way with MDMA, although I have had similar experiences with acid. I have gotten a little paranoid about friends trying to 'ruin my trip' and had to step outside for a smoke to shake it off once or twice. But I think that's more because my friends and I are big jokers and like to mess around with eachothers' heads :p

how i solved this issue was to do a couple rolls on my own, just a way to simulate a really good trip, and the 2nd time doing it to experience a bad roll. after my experiment i tried with my friends again and i could recognize if someone was having a good/bad roll. if they weren't showing signs of a bad roll with in the first hour my mind would be free'd up to fully enjoy my roll. inno if this would help you or not *don't recommend doing a roll by your self* but i hope your able to fully enjoy your high and not having to worry about the others soon.

how i solved this issue was to do a couple rolls on my own, just a way to simulate a really good trip, and the 2nd time doing it to experience a bad roll. after my experiment i tried with my friends again and i could recognize if someone was having a good/bad roll. if they weren't showing signs of a bad roll with in the first hour my mind would be free'd up to fully enjoy my roll. inno if this would help you or not *don't recommend doing a roll by your self* but i hope your able to fully enjoy your high and not having to worry about the others soon.

Could you elaborate as to what a bad roll is? I've never had one after years and years of rolling...? I assume you mean adulterated pills or an overdose or something?

how i solved this issue was to do a couple rolls on my own

Everytime I've attempted to roll on my own, out always feels so wasted because I get lost in some sort of media haha.
But to duplicate bluebulls question a bit, what do you cconsider a bad roll?

:) A bad roll for me is when muscle tension is so high (8/10) and all you can do is think about how you miss things and miss different people. As well as you know your high but it seems like your next to sober. Also i've had a bad roll where i was worried i was never going to be as high again so i started to vomit and the whole 3-5hrs i just wanted to be done and sleeping. Took the same batch but because how i felt around people or my own illusions of my self made the trip bad. Since then i've learned to control it and i get really good rolls now :)