View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tips for 2nd acid trip?

NoPublicRestrooms

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I tripped acid for the first time a week ago and had an incredible trip/learning experience. There were some ups and downs but nothing I regret experiencing or feeling. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to taking another plunge with Lucy soon.

I was considering waiting a full month before tripping again, although I've heard that a week to two weeks could be sufficient as well. Does anyone have any knowledge or insight on this?
Also, I took two hits on my first trip (didn't know the dosage) and I plan on taking three next time.

If I want my acid trip to last as long as possible (I know a typical trip is 8-12 hrs, I'm looking for 12-24 if possible) how should I go about taking my three tabs? All at once? Two in the morning, one at night?

When the 2nd trip occurs, I plan on dropping as soon as I wake up, taking a warm shower and drinking some passionflower tea during the come up (also have some weed , cigarettes and wax to smoke too) I was also was considering fasting throughout the day (I'll still drink fluids) and was curious if this will help my body absorb the acid faster. Then I plan on going for a walk in my neighborhood before letting spontaneity have its way when I arrive back home.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. anyone ever light up an incense on acid? I'm considering that too!

Hello NoPublicRestrooms,

LSD trips rarely get past 12 hours. If you're looking for that, my advice would be to try a research chemical like DOB (or any other DOx compound.) Keep in mind that I don't, under any circumstances, support the usage of DOx compounds in large doses as they can cause seriously high levels of vasoconstriction. A typical DOx trip can last anywhere from 24-36 hours and has effects somewhat similar to that of LSD.

I would also recommend that you wait a bit longer, about a week or two, before your second LSD trip. At least to the point when you've become a bit more comfortable with psychs. My reasoning behind this is due to the fact that the serotonin levels get scrambled around while, and after, tripping. I personally wait a minimum of 3 weeks between trips, just to be safe. Others would disagree, but that's just my advice.

Best of luck,
fdizile

Hey fdizile, thanks for the reply.

I think I might hold off on anything DOx-related just until I feel more comfortable with psychs (as you recommended), although I will definitely take you up on your advice to wait three full weeks. It makes sense and I would like my seratonin levels to be as close to normal as possible before I trip again, so three weeks is a nice compromise.

What about re dosing the acid while you trip ? It won't make you trip harder but it will extend the trip.

What about re dosing the acid while you trip ? It won't make you trip harder but it will extend the trip.

Wow really? I think I would rather do that instead so I can get the most out of the day/night and use the following day to recharge/reflect (luckily I have weekends off:))

Someone more experience would have to give you more info on when to and how much to re dose to get best results.

I've been dosing 2-3 tabs every weekend for the last month or maybe longer and it definitely loses its magic. Id recommend waiting 3 weeks
Also i find dosing mid way through a trip doesn't extend the peak for me it just makes if harder to sleep when im ready and makes my brain feel overloaded the next day better off just doing as much as you'd like at once and enjoying it

I was considering waiting a full month before tripping again, although I've heard that a week to two weeks could be sufficient as well. Does anyone have any knowledge or insight on this?

Two weeks is enough to avoid the effect of tolerance, but you might still have a better second trip if you wait longer.

Also, I took two hits on my first trip (didn't know the dosage) and I plan on taking three next time.

If I want my acid trip to last as long as possible (I know a typical trip is 8-12 hrs, I'm looking for 12-24 if possible) how should I go about taking my three tabs? All at once? Two in the morning, one at night?
I'm not really sure why you want to trip for that long, but redosing can extend your trip.

When the 2nd trip occurs, I plan on dropping as soon as I wake up
Bad idea, wait until a little after breakfast.

I was also was considering fasting throughout the day (I'll still drink fluids)
It's often easy not to eat / hard to eat while tripping because of the stimulation, but it's really better to eat something during the trip if you can. When you're hungry, it becomes easier for your mood to turn negative, and that can make a trip less enjoyable.

(also have some weed , cigarettes and wax to smoke too)

I would recommend, especially in your first trips, not to mix it with weed, at least for the first half of the trip. So you can see the acid's own character... So I'd only smoke (tobacco too if you feel ok without it) after 4-5h

I was also was considering fasting throughout the day (I'll still drink fluids) and was curious if this will help my body absorb the acid faster. Then I plan on going for a walk in my neighborhood before letting spontaneity have its way when I arrive back home.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I always do psychedelics on an empty stomach: at least 3h at night and completely empty when in the morning. And I keep fasting for the first half of the trip. I know a lot of people that would feel unwell with such a long fasting, but if you feel you can do it, I advise you to try.

Of course, fasting is one of the oldest ways of altering consciousness. "It is mentioned repeatedly in the Bible, and is practiced in some form by nearly every mystical discipline. Eastern traditions teach their disciples to fast as a means of purifying their bodies and attaining mastery of physical urges. (...) Mystics and saints combined intensive fasting with isolation and other practices to achieve ecstatic states in which they believed they attained union with God." (source: http://www.earthspirit.com/fireheart/fheffa.html) It is used by muslims, jews, eastern orthodox christians and many aboriginal peoples throughout the world. I feel fasting to be a way of telling your body who's the one in control.

P.S. anyone ever light up an incense on acid? I'm considering that too!
Why not? ;)
Don't forget to add some nice music...
Just be careful with the fire while you're peaking! Stay on the safe side and have a nice trip!

I've found that unless I redose quickly, an hour or so at the latest, redosing just extends the tail end/comedown and doesn't increase the effects. In my personal opinion why is the length of time important rather than the intensity? I'd go for 2 to start and the third an hour later. Spacing it out too long and you miss the highs of the peak and just extend the frazzled 'fuck me why can't I sleep' stage.

I've been dosing 2-3 tabs every weekend for the last month or maybe longer and it definitely loses its magic. Id recommend waiting 3 weeks
Also i find dosing mid way through a trip doesn't extend the peak for me it just makes if harder to sleep when im ready and makes my brain feel overloaded the next day better off just doing as much as you'd like at once and enjoying it

Too regular tripping makes it all seem very routine and bland and the magic goes no matter how hard you try. A decent break allows time to integrate the experience and allows for all tolerance to go, well worth it imho.

It's often easy not to eat / hard to eat while tripping because of the stimulation, but it's really better to eat something during the trip if you can. When you're hungry, it becomes easier for your mood to turn negative, and that can make a trip less enjoyable.

I've dropped on a completely empty stomach after sleeping and found I had nausea or vomited when I normally wouldn't. Also you need to fuel your body, particularly if going on a long trip so good nourishment and hydration beforehand is a must for me. IN saying that I used to always fast the day of tripping - making it a real spiritual thing but as I found these substances are quite draining I had better trips with a little food.

I'd say that biggest thing in improving and enjoying the trip as best as possible is to choose your ideal setting. Nature! and then return to your house safely for the comedown. Seriously though nature is the best way to experience this and many other drugs. All the tricks and trip toys won't really compare with the design of the outside world. Now conversely you could also find a really dark room and watch the closed eye visuals unfold which in the future I recommend when more experienced. As to dose. take all three at once in the morning or afternoon when reasonable, the redosing will just make you wish you had tripped harder earlier and then you will want to fall asleep and have serious difficulty doing so. So take all three, get outside, return home do your music and of course smoke a little weed if needed but don't go overboard on that front. Acid is great by itself, and weed can very easily reduce the clarity of your trip leading to erratic thoughts, but some serious visuals too on the positive side. Passionflower tea for the comedown too works great. Love that stuff, you can even smoke it with some weed and tobacco. Also Get some green beans or snap peas to enjoy while on trip, they are the best psych snack.

Enjoy