• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tips and feedbacks on snorting heroin without getting addicted

The Crimson Elephant

Bluelighter
Hello there,

I tried heroin the first time a year ago with some 50% brown analyzed, and snorting it was pretty nice.
Although I was eyeballing and without tolerance it was kind of sketchy.

5 month ago, I agreed with my self not to buy again heroin for about 3 years, for work and personal life matters.
Recently, I was searching for substance that could get me high without anxiety like weed and that was kind of new and exciting to me.

As I had that non buy agreement for herion, I started planning on getting things like OPCE or 3-HO-PCP, I even thought about pyros.
That's when I thought that I was putting myself in danger because of not wanting to buy H for what seemed to me, not good enough reasons.

So, I bought a bunch of brown, analyzed it, and planned how I wanted to use it.

I was very scared of heroin at first, because of medias, user reports etc.
But I realized I didn't like that much the effects of it, I mean, it's fine for the price but I think it wouldn't put me deep as much as stims like meth.

Anyway, I did set up rules like :
Not taking more than 800mg of 5% pure in a "using week".
Waiting 7 days between weeks of use.
Having to wait at least 48 hours before using again in a "using week".
Every 4 "using weeks" I would wait 3 weeks before the next "using week".

It's been a month and it's going good for now.
I'm enjoying a two week break of all substances except psychedelics right now.
I'm not addicted to anything except using drugs in general I'd say (like every two weeks trying some mind altering compound).

I probably won't get rid of my H and after that stash I probably won't buy more because I feel like it isn't something promising for my future.

So, the question is ; What do you think about my situation ?
Have you ever tried something like that ? If so, how did it turn out ?
Do you have tips to keep the situation under control ? Red flags or slipping alerts ?

Thanks in advance, good day :trippy2:

edit : spelling mistakes

Last edited:
It is very difficult to maintain these rules, from my personal experience.

Also I found that when I do set up these rules to avoid getting physically addicted to opioids, I found myself just counting down the days between doses, because I look forward to it so much.

I once created a rule that I could use a nice of methadone once every 10 days. This did work in avoiding physically addiction, but on day 9 I felt like a kid on the night before Christmas, feeling excited that I get to take my allowed dose. Even only day 7 and 8 I started getting excited because I was almost at day 10. So even while this prevented physical addiction, I was definitely psychologically addicted given the large amount of time I spent counting down the days and thinking about my next dose.

Even this whole system eventually broke down due to a number of "exceptions", the time periods got shorter and situational stressors eventually resulted in me getting hooked on it (daily use).

So it's a dangerous game. Even when it does work technically, one still spends too much time thinking about it. At least I did.

I was able to successfully chip heroin for a small period of time (year or two), but with how more-ish the substance is I eventually overdosed and had to give it up permanently. Ended up getting physically addicted to oxy after (when before chipping H I had just dabbled with opiates) because the use just produced such strong cravings in me. Still an opiate addict to this day, just not physically dependent anymore. Not worth the risk as there are other substances that can scratch that itch with a lot less potential for ruin. It is definitely possible though, just probably not likely and setting up rules is already a red flag for misuse. I would explore other avenues for getting high.

If you stay down this path don't touch the needle. All my family members who battled (one dead, one recovering) from H addiction went down the darkest path once they started shooting.

Edit:

Wanted to add that I re-read the rules and I think the only way to successfully chip H is by only picking up small amounts every 3-6 months. That's what I did and it worked for a decent amount of time. I didn't have any set rules either so I think that helped me not "count down the days" like the poster above was talking about.

It is very difficult to maintain these rules, from my personal experience.

Also I found that when I do set up these rules to avoid getting physically addicted to opioids, I found myself just counting down the days between doses, because I look forward to it so much.

I once created a rule that I could use a nice of methadone once every 10 days. This did work in avoiding physically addiction, but on day 9 I felt like a kid on the night before Christmas, feeling excited that I get to take my allowed dose. Even only day 7 and 8 I started getting excited because I was almost at day 10. So even while this prevented physical addiction, I was definitely psychologically addicted given the large amount of time I spent counting down the days and thinking about my next dose.

Even this whole system eventually broke down due to a number of "exceptions", the time periods got shorter and situational stressors eventually resulted in me getting hooked on it (daily use).

So it's a dangerous game. Even when it does work technically, one still spends too much time thinking about it. At least I did.
Thanks for your reply :trippy2:
I've recently seen the effects of my denial come back at me. This with my regular psychedelic use. I have to face the truth ; Continuing down the path of heroin use has no bright future for me. I don't want to hear it because I spent the few money I had on it.

I can't just throw it away, I'll store it and use it when it is useful ; for example in stims comedown or too painkill something, I don't know. I think keeping it "just in case" can lead to a lot of denial and lying to ourself just to justify taking some but I think that every mollecule can be useful if used properly so I'll just keep it stored and probably locked, giving the key to a friend to not even think about taking some.

I've been tired about drug use and recently it has taken a lot of my attention, not even using but just talking and thinking about it.

I'm trying to oust addictives substances of my life, I will just focus on psychedelics and I think getting some heavy trip from time to time will help me face the truth of my situation and keep walking the right way.

I was able to successfully chip heroin for a small period of time (year or two), but with how more-ish the substance is I eventually overdosed and had to give it up permanently. Ended up getting physically addicted to oxy after (when before chipping H I had just dabbled with opiates) because the use just produced such strong cravings in me. Still an opiate addict to this day, just not physically dependent anymore. Not worth the risk as there are other substances that can scratch that itch with a lot less potential for ruin. It is definitely possible though, just probably not likely and setting up rules is already a red flag for misuse. I would explore other avenues for getting high.

If you stay down this path don't touch the needle. All my family members who battled (one dead, one recovering) from H addiction went down the darkest path once they started shooting.

Edit:

Wanted to add that I re-read the rules and I think the only way to successfully chip H is by only picking up small amounts every 3-6 months. That's what I did and it worked for a decent amount of time. I didn't have any set rules either so I think that helped me not "count down the days" like the poster above was talking about.

Thank you for posting:trippy2:

My plan is not to use for years, I originally wanted to buy like a cheap gram and have fun getting high on special occasions to let the adventurous ideas (trying hardcore RCs) go away for a bit.
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't some say.

Buying gram per gram of H wasn't possible so I had to order way more and if I did follow the rules with maximum allowed consumption, I would have been running out of brown in 2025 probably.
I wrote all those rules because I was scared as shit having that quantity available. I like the feeling of power that comes with having enough shit to ruin my life or kiling me with 10 different ways.

With great power comes great responsibility tho.
But as said above, I really don't need another struggle on top of the others. And I wouldn't have a risky use when I'm not at 100% mental stability and confidence.
About the ROA, I've been meeting a lot of people with past or current IV use of H or cocaine and I've seen what it can do. I'm in a "Reception and support center for harm reduction for drug users" (FR->EN)
Going there, talking to users with SUD on the street, hearing their experience makes me keep my feet on the ground. (No foiling too, I don't want to open pandora's box living a flash)

So, I'll just pass the challenge :)
Thank you for helping
I've been holding a diary of uses and feelings about it since day 1, I'll probably post it once I get rid of the junk or empty my supply. (hopefully it will be a "i won" type of report)

Thank you for posting:trippy2:

My plan is not to use for years, I originally wanted to buy like a cheap gram and have fun getting high on special occasions to let the adventurous ideas (trying hardcore RCs) go away for a bit.
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't some say.

Buying gram per gram of H wasn't possible so I had to order way more and if I did follow the rules with maximum allowed consumption, I would have been running out of brown in 2025 probably.
I wrote all those rules because I was scared as shit having that quantity available. I like the feeling of power that comes with having enough shit to ruin my life or kiling me with 10 different ways.

With great power comes great responsibility tho.
But as said above, I really don't need another struggle on top of the others. And I wouldn't have a risky use when I'm not at 100% mental stability and confidence.
About the ROA, I've been meeting a lot of people with past or current IV use of H or cocaine and I've seen what it can do. I'm in a "Reception and support center for harm reduction for drug users" (FR->EN)
Going there, talking to users with SUD on the street, hearing their experience makes me keep my feet on the ground. (No foiling too, I don't want to open pandora's box living a flash)

So, I'll just pass the challenge :)
Thank you for helping
I've been holding a diary of uses and feelings about it since day 1, I'll probably post it once I get rid of the junk or empty my supply. (hopefully it will be a "i won" type of report)
Yeah it would be possible to moderately use any opiates for years (decades even), but like you said you are not at 100% mental stability and confidence so the risk just isn't worth it. It definitely is one of the drugs too that having a large quantity will 100% increase the risk of being addicted since the withdrawal aspect of it can be a bitch. I would only get half grams at a time and even that would produce some rebound/light withdrawal in me that if I had a decent amount it would have been very easy to just keep on snorting.

Glad you realize you don't need the extra struggle. I can't really put it into words, but opiate addiction is a struggle that sometimes feels like its better of being dead than dealing with. Sorry to get depressing. If you ever want to re-visit the drug that is always possible too once you are in a healthy mind space and have more confidence. Like I said I truly do believe you can use opiates moderately, but it generally doesn't happen because the people who seek out substances like H have trauma, bad mental health, etc. and are way way more prone to addiction than just your average joe.

Looking forward to seeing the diary and hopefully it is a "I won" report

Edit: Wanted to add too since there is always a chance you go down this road, but after I stopped using H (last use was in October 2019 which I overdosed and scared the living shit out of my sister. Traumatized her but we are close now so I hope she doesn't hold it against me) I was sober up from all opiates until July 2020 and that's when I really got into oxycodone. If you go down this path (DON'T!!!!!) I would recommend sticking to pharma opiates. Haven't had a range of experience with them outside of oxy and codeine due to access being shitty where I live, but oxy blows H out of the water IMO and if you can get the real stuff it is way safer than going down the H road. It is a lot more expensive though, but what is a few extra bucks when it could save your life

Last edited:
Sounds like a very sensible pattern.

Red flags are if you find yourself counting the days, or you end up wanting to use more frequently than your 'using timetable' allows for. It's a good idea to avoid physical dependence at all costs, but getting addicted is a mental thing.

Hello there,

I tried heroin the first time a year ago with some 50% brown analysed, and snorting it was pretty nice.
Although I was eyeballing and without tolerance it was kind of sketchy.

5 month ago, I agreed with my self not to buy again heroin for about 3 years, for work and personnal life matters.
Recently, I was searching for substance that could get me high without anxiety like weed and that was kind of new and exciting to me.

As I had that non buy agreement for herion, I starting planning on getting things like OPCE or 3-HO-PCP, I even thought about pyros.
That's when I thought that I was putting myself in danger because of not wanting to buy H for what seemed to me, not good enough reasons.

So, I bought a bunch of brown, analysed it, and planned how I wanted to use it.

I was very scared of heroin at first, because of medias, user reports etc.
But I realised I didn't like that much the effects of it, I mean, it's fine for the price but I think it wouldn't put me deep as much as stims like meth.

Anyway, I did set up rules like :
Not taking more than 800mg of 5% pure in a "using week".
Waiting 7 days between weeks of use.
Having to wait at least 48 hours before using again in a "using week".
Every 4 "using weeks" I would wait 3 weeks before the next "using week".

It's been a month and it's going good for now.
I'm enjoying a two week break of all substances except psychedelics right now.
I'm not addicted to anything except using drugs in general I'd say (like every two weeks trying some mind altering compound).

I probably won't get rid of my H and after that stash I probably won't buy more because I fill like it isn't something promising for my future.

So, the question is ; What do you think about my situation ?
Have you ever tried something like that ? If so, how did it turn out ?
Do you have tips to keep the situation under control ? Red flags or slipping alerts ?

Thanks in advance, good day :trippy2:
heroin is all or nothing use it you will get addicted it takes hold of your mind as well as your body no schedule or plan will hold up against it ..so use or not use but dont kid yourself ,,it sounds as if your mind is all ready coming up with rationales to use so be warned that next gouch is you looking down a slippery slope ...good luck

If you want to chip with opioids and don't have a huge tolerance, heroin is one of the stupidest things to start with. It is highly potent, meaning it will build tolerance and create dependence far faster than less potent opioids without even giving you a better high necessarily plus more side effects like nausea and sedation.

If you want to be a chipper you should start out with kratom, hydrocodone, codeine, dihydrocodeine or even real opium if you can find it. These are all less potent than heroin but can still give a very good high to a non tolerant person. In fact, assuming I am not IVing I would prefer hydrocodone over heroin in a non tolerant state. Kratom and opium are both a lot less "moreish" than heroin as well at least for me, because they give a fuller overall experience as opposed to the intense rush and euphoria of heroin that just makes me want to take more and more.