• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tiny dose of salvia - felt like weed

curious_24

Bluelighter
After reading some reports on low dose salvia experiences, I decided to take the plunge and purchased a gram of 10x organic extract. I estimate that I smoked around 25mg as the vial looks untouched and was quite suprised by the relaxed marijuana style effects I exerienced. Tonight I will up the dose in an attempt to reach the CEV stage of the often quoted salvia scale. I was just shocked at how much it felt like I'd smoked a bowl of weed!

That's interesting. To me, salvia feels like a blizzard of chaos in my brain all at once. You must have had a light dose. I guess I could see it happening though.... low doses make me pretty laughy/happy.

Wasn't particularly happy, more sedation and a mild comfortable feeling. Had really strange dreams all night though and kept waking up every hour or so. Was kinda pleasant in a way but hard to explain. Maybe this was coincidence as I believe salvia has a short half life so should have worn off shortly after smoking.

I've wanted to try salvia for ages, but I don't know anyone who's into drugs who'd want to sit with me whilst I mong out for an hour or so and I'm too much of a wuss to do it without a sitter. Might give a low dose a try then if it's just like MJ. I usually smoke my MJ in a pipe so what would you say is a low dose, about 1 relatively full pipe?

^I have never found the effects of Salvia D to resemble marijuana, even in small doses. The experience is always the opposite of relaxing for me and somewhat uncomfortable.

I occasionally enjoy smoking a bowl of dried salvia leaves quickly in a pipe. A few large tokes, held in the lungs as long as possible, produces a moderate trip along with some characteristic salvinorin A perceptual distortions. T find this way it's not nearly as intense and all encompassing as taking a large rip of an extract, but still an intense experience none the less.

hope that helps.

be safe, and have fun.

I've wanted to try salvia for ages, but I don't know anyone who's into drugs who'd want to sit with me whilst I mong out for an hour or so and I'm too much of a wuss to do it without a sitter. Might give a low dose a try then if it's just like MJ. I usually smoke my MJ in a pipe so what would you say is a low dose, about 1 relatively full pipe?

No. Just no.

If you want anything that resembles weed in effect, don't smoke saliva. One pipeful could be wayyyy overkill, one hit might be enough to freak. It's just something you can't just pack a pipeful and sit a relax smoking. Doesn't work like that.

No. Just no.

If you want anything that resembles weed in effect, don't smoke saliva. One pipeful could be wayyyy overkill, one hit might be enough to freak. It's just something you can't just pack a pipeful and sit a relax smoking. Doesn't work like that.

hahaha qft!!

You can only keep the "low-dose" experience going if you only use low-doses! If you pack a full bowl, you will see salvias power, which is NOT like weed at all!

Also, if you don't want to go any farther, don't combo it with anything. Many things potentiate it, especially alcohol.

After reading some reports on low dose salvia experiences, I decided to take the plunge and purchased a gram of 10x organic extract. I estimate that I smoked around 25mg as the vial looks untouched and was quite suprised by the relaxed marijuana style effects I exerienced. Tonight I will up the dose in an attempt to reach the CEV stage of the often quoted salvia scale. I was just shocked at how much it felt like I'd smoked a bowl of weed!

When I'm tripping on salvia, it sometimes reminds of the times when I had very strong marijuana highs. Level three and four on the salvia scale. Otherwise, if I'm doing it without anything else, I either feel warm and uncomfortable, or I trip balls (levels 3-5, rarely 1-2). Other than high doses of salvia being similar to very high-dose weed in some ways, I can't get a weed-like high from small amounts of salvia.

If by "relaxed marijuana style effects" you mean "earth-shattering nightmare with feelings of a very real death and infinite cosmic collapse" then I agree 100%

No. Just no.

truth.

when we used to trip on salvia we would take one big hit of 60x and that was more than enough

Tried again last night and it felt as though something was different but hard to tell what. To me it is very much like weed but slightly uncomfortable. Still not tripped yet but working slowly up to it.

^ You didn't "get" there. Are you working with straight leaf or an extract?

Honestly, salvia doesn't work like that. No matter how much you "Build Up" once you cross that threshold, you're going to be floored. It's like have your little sister punch you in the arm repeatedly in order to get ready for a shot in the face from Mike Tyson, not going to help.

I felt the same way I was a heavy Marijuana user (kusk) and buying the 10x extract felt very similar to kush but stronger in the first 5 minuets after that it felt like really good weed. Are they cousins?