• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Tinnitus (constant ringing)

dr katz

Bluelighter
So apparently it isn't normal to have ears that constantly right. I figured everyone was like that but nope, I guess not. I'm not sure when my ears started doing this.. about four years ago I remember getting over scarlet fever and my ears were bothering me so much because the ringing was so intense, but I'm not sure if that's when it started or if it was just extra loud that day. Before I found out that constant ringing isn't normal I never gave it any thought (same thing with visual snow disorder, which I have). Does anyone else on here have tinnitus?
Here's some detail on how mines like...
-Changes frequency
-sometimes one ear is louder than the other for a few seconds
-super noticeable and loud when im in a quiet place
-my ears are ALWAYS ringing
-sometimes it's very subtle and hard to notice it

drug addicts come into the ER all the time with one of the symptoms being Tinnitus !

drug addicts come into the ER all the time with one of the symptoms being Tinnitus !
I'm a drug explorer ans Pioneer, not and addict lol. I wonder if my explorations have anything to do with this (probably)

I have it and have had it for a few years now. I get the ringing a lot, and I also pretty much constantly can hear my heart beat in my ears. Sometimes I get the audial tunneling thing, especially when I stand up and get dizzy. my eyesight also gets the big black spots and sometimes if it's particularly bad (orthostatic hypotension) I completely lose sight and hearing and faint/fall over. But yes the tinnitus is constant and it's annoying as shit

Tinnitus ! Changes tone now n again, at times real annoying, Iif I had alcohol then comes on strong. god knows why I get it? Does everyone get it? Not noticed if get it with my drug use, jus joined this site got some nitracain to research. Trying to find something good about it before try! Any advice welcomed. RUSSIO65......

I have it and have had it for a few years now. I get the ringing a lot, and I also pretty much constantly can hear my heart beat in my ears. Sometimes I get the audial tunneling thing, especially when I stand up and get dizzy. my eyesight also gets the big black spots and sometimes if it's particularly bad (orthostatic hypotension) I completely lose sight and hearing and faint/fall over. But yes the tinnitus is constant and it's annoying as shit
Yooo we have the same problems. Almost every time I stand up (it's super hardcore if I just did drugs) I go blind and get tingly and confused and off balanced.

Have you had a tilt table test? I'm supposed to be rescheduling mine to figure out if it's my heart that's causing the POTS or something else.

Never had any tests for tinitus never bin t drs is anything ya can get for it?

Never had any tests for tinitus never bin t drs is anything ya can get for it?

Not generally. Usually it's not a big enough problem to treat. I suppose the treatment depends on the cause, though, and they're still not sure what causes tinnitus usually

Yeah, I get this with some regularity. Sometimes humming at roughly the same pitch negates it, phase cancellation perhaps... For me, its a result of excessively loud music via headphone and subwoofer but became really noticeable during benzo withdrawal when it was constant, though generally a white noise like whooshing noise. I've gotten used to it, or my hearing has deteriorated so much that I no longer hear it :\ I think opiates, specifically codeine, make it heaps worse, also ibuprofen and promethazine.

I've got a constant noise. I noticed it a few years ago and would try to ignore it. Now it doesn't really bother me.

I always considered it was just some kind of visual snow style side-effect from normal brain function, but recently I've wondered if it's tinnitus. It kind of sounds like the noise television snow makes. Either way, it's permanent, and not really an issue. Ketamine definitely makes it MUCH worse.

When I do get ringing which is temporary tinnitus (it's different), I find that meditation for a couple of minutes maximum and really trying to concentrate on/tune into the frequency removes it, for some reason.