• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tinnitus cause?

About a year ago I developed tinnitus overnight and it's still there 24/7. Why? My Dr. and Psychiatrist don't have the answers and I can only guess which medication caused it (if any)? At the time when it started I was taking: 100mg Amitriptyline, 10-20mg Zolpidem and 6mg Bromazepam. Any guess is much appreciated.
My tinnitus is caused by Benzo WD, prior to benzos it would be due to low BP or feeling faint due to low iron.

If I was you I would go back to that night and the days leading up to when you developed it, the answers may be around that time period

My tinnitus is caused by Benzo WD, prior to benzos it would be due to low BP or feeling faint due to low iron.

If I was you I would go back to that night and the days leading up to when you developed it, the answers may be around that time period
You are right. I was tapering Bromazepam around that time. Everything else was the same.

I took some Gabapentin last night and a loud ringing in my ears started afterwards, reminded me of the sound a cricket makes, constant annoying high pitched noise. Sitting here right now hearing it, maybe because im focused on it. I usually dont notice it, except if its dead quiet.