Mental Health Time to reach therapeutic clozapine levels(?)

Michael_25

Bluelighter
How long upon commencement of clozapine treatment does it take for therapeutic levels to be reached within one's system?

Probably different case by case. Hence the monthly blood tests. So many things can interact with clozapine it has to be monitored safely.

Probably different case by case. Hence the monthly blood tests. So many things can interact with clozapine it has to be monitored safely.
I found this on Google: "Clozapine reaches a steady-state concentration at 5-7 days."

I'm not sure how a "steady states" correlates to a therapeutic dose within the body. I assume there is a link between the two?

I found this on Google: "Clozapine reaches a steady-state concentration at 5-7 days."

I'm not sure how a "steady states" correlates to a therapeutic dose within the body. I assume there is a link between the two?
I'm not a doctor, just a support worker, so I'm just going on basic knowledge as 99% of the clients I've worked with are on it.

^Thanks!

So it should be stated that a steady state concentration in the body doesn't mean peak of utility. It can take some time for antipsychotics to reach their peak efficacy. For some of the negative symptoms, this can take months, but not always.