• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Time inbetween taking xanax and opiates

Jltemo33

Greenlighter
I dont even want to ask this but for my friends sake, what is the shortest amount of time to wait to take xanax after taking an opiate drug? Trust me, I know this is ridiculous but if I dont ask hes just going to do it sooner than later. Thank you in advance

It depends on three factors:

1) the degree of tolerance to opioids
2) the degree of tolerance to benzos
3) the duration of action of the opioid in question

For instance if the opioid is something like methadone and the tolerance is low, the answer would be many, many hours. If the opioid is buprenorphine or something that doesn't impact respiration significantly (like tianeptine) and the tolerance is high, the answer would be whenever.

If you have a high tolerance to both you can take them at the same time (within the confines of those respective tolerances).

Without more information however this question is impossible (and dangerous) to answer.

a couple of hours is not the safe answer. drugs can still be active in your system and impact other drugs even after the high has worn off. you take benzos and opiates the same day, you’re mixing benzos and opiates. which is fine, if you’re fine with the risks.

It depends on three factors:

1) the degree of tolerance to opioids
2) the degree of tolerance to benzos
3) the duration of action of the opioid in question

For instance if the opioid is something like methadone and the tolerance is low, the answer would be many, many hours. If the opioid is buprenorphine or something that doesn't impact respiration significantly (like tianeptine) and the tolerance is high, the answer would be whenever.

If you have a high tolerance to both you can take them at the same time (within the confines of those respective tolerances).

Without more information however this question is impossible (and dangerous) to answer.
Thank you for the input. It was just 25 mg of hydrocodone then a 2 mg bar. He decided to wait for tonight anyway

a couple of hours is not the safe answer. drugs can still be active in your system and impact other drugs even after the high has worn off. you take benzos and opiates the same day, you’re mixing benzos and opiates. which is fine, if you’re fine with the risks.
Thats what I was thinking. Bc the half life is still affective in the opiates for like half a day right?

Thank you for the input. It was just 25 mg of hydrocodone then a 2 mg bar. He decided to wait for tonight anyway
JUST !

that dosage would Kill Me !

BE SAFE ! BE CAREFUL.

some would like to do more than others. try not to over indulge, like excessivness and obesity it might not do too well.