• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Time frame for oxycodone overdose

Kittycat4578

Greenlighter
When taking too much oxycodone I've read that it can slow and even stop your breathing and your heart beating. Does anyone know the time frame thus would happen in? Would I be safe to assume that after 4 hours of taking my last pill I am safe from overdose? Need help quickly, please. I'm feeling pretty stupid and worried

If it's extended release your not really safe. If it's instant release you should be ok, but either way, get someone to watch you and if you feel like breathing get's harder and you start to nodd, call an ambulance.
Stay safe.

Actually extended release would kind of be a little unsafer, depending on dosage. Say he took 200mg of instant release compared to 200mg of time release. The 200mg of IR would be a more immediate danger.

in what form was the oxy? -- oxy/acetaminophen (ie percocet/roxicet or generics) or instant release oxycodone, or extended release oxycodone (ie modern formulation oxycontin)?
if it's oxy/APAP (acetaminophen) or oxy IR then you are probably out of the woods after 4-5 hours; if it was oxy ER, that can last up to 8-12 hours, so you would still be in potential danger of an OD for at least close to that amount of time if you had taken enough to significantly depress your respiration.

Single dose oxycontin seems to have a Tmax of 4-6 hours (low end for larger doses) so unless breathing stopped before you should be ok, subject to any metabolic issues you may have.

When taking too much oxycodone I've read that it can slow and even stop your breathing and your heart beating. Does anyone know the time frame thus would happen in? Would I be safe to assume that after 4 hours of taking my last pill I am safe from overdose? Need help quickly, please. I'm feeling pretty stupid and worried
OP, do you have an update for us? I will say if youre wide awake and able to type, you're probably in no danger. People tend to nod out (lose consciousness), before the CNS depressant symptoms start affecting you.. But we take all threads like this very seriously, and we don't like to be left hanging! So update plz!

- Hopeless 7nos

I imagine they are ok. Its pretty unlikely that someone could type such a cohesive post 4 whole hours after taking an oxycodone pill and be overdosing.

^Yes, when Oxycodone used to get me high those posts would have taken an hour for me to get done after all the ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppppp < after all of those ones, nodding out beautifully.
And one must always remember to copy your post and paste it after refreshing BL cos BL nodded out a long time ago
Yes, a whole hour has gone by for everyone else while you were high so you gotta paste your post on a fresh page otherwise you're fucked. Good times. Now regrets.

Call an ambulance never take opioids and opiates lightly if your breathing slows things can get dangerous

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Ended up calling poison control and he said that it would have hurt me within 2 hours. I was at 4 hours when I posted this and called him. My breathing was extremely slow but probably from me just overreacting lol. Thank you all for your input, and again I'm sorry for not getting back sooner. Oh, it was not extended release, it was 10 mg instant release which I had taken 60 mg of within 4 hours. I need knee surgery and the pain but it the best of me. Please forgive me for not responding to you guys. I appreciate all of the answers.

Oh, and I also found this stuff called Kratom that works fairly well for pain. Still get that energy boost with it but don't feel bad for days after taking it ;)

Oh, and I also found this stuff called Kratom that works fairly well for pain. Still get that energy boost with it but don't feel bad for days after taking it ;)
You can develop a physical addiction to kratom, and endure WD symptoms from sudden cessation. So tread lightly with kratom.

- Hopeless Soul