• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Time distortion

right it is not the same but the same.
but if it is a time of suffering then you actually do not actually get as much suffering, but moment to moment the perception that you have suffered immensely would be had, and if you went through years you would experience an assessment of years of suffering.

every minute of suffering is terrible, but you can the next minute have a non-suffering experience. then it is up to you to review and assess the glass half full or half empty.
and if you think you had 10 years of empty glasses it's the same if it's a hallucination or real time.
I think I found what you said confusing. What I just simply wish to ask is do I have any reason to worry about the time dilation period I would experience during a trip or nde regardless of how long the amount of time is? Would the amount of time become unbearable to me, drive me insane, etc. just like how it would here in my normal waking reality if it were many centuries or millenniums? Especially if all, most, or a significant fraction of that time is spent undergoing torment and misery during a horrible trip or nde. Or is the amount of time, regardless of how long, not a contributing factor at all in a person's boredom, misery, torment, insanity, etc. during a trip/nde?

Last edited:
Its amazing how slow time goes by on mushrooms. It would be 8pm, and I would go through such a long rollercoaster ride, then climb mount everest, climb down, and manage to make it to The tropical islands, and when I look at the clock again, it is only 8:07pm!!! It's disgusting how fast time goes by on benzos, goes to show Shauna cheap drug it is, however very precious when needed to.come off of stimulants or at the end of a mushroom or acid trip

During my only ever black out LSD trip. I swear to god I litterally lived an entire lifetime. It started when I was about 20 probably and ended when I was about 50. When I came back to reality I was absolutely convinced that I saw my entire life play out and I knew what was going to happen for the rest of my life. It's only been about a year but I know now that i definitely didn't see the future as things are a whole hell of a lot worse than they were in my trip and I have a different girlfriend than the one in my trip. Sorry I got off topic, but if you take enough to blackout and trip... you might as well litterally be experienceing days, months, years in a single second.

Last shroom trip I did I was going up and down with my mood, at some point the downs got pretty dark. They lasted pretty long especially when I would "space out" but then I would snap back to reality, have some time to think about what I just went through before going back into it. Overall it wasn't particularly traumatic.

I think I found what you said confusing. What I just simply wish to ask is do I have any reason to worry about the time dilation period I would experience during a trip or nde regardless of how long the amount of time is? Would the amount of time become unbearable to me, drive me insane, etc. just like how it would here in my normal waking reality if it were many centuries or millenniums? Especially if all, most, or a significant fraction of that time is spent undergoing torment and misery during a horrible trip or nde. Or is the amount of time, regardless of how long, not a contributing factor at all in a person's boredom, misery, torment, insanity, etc. during a trip/nde?

In simple terms, if you have a strongly reactive obsessive character that thinks in absolute terms, then you will have your hands full tossing your self into a timeless dimension.

In simple terms, if you have a strongly reactive obsessive character that thinks in absolute terms, then you will have your hands full tossing your self into a timeless dimension.
Another way to ask my question is, for a person who has had a powerful trip that they said lasted for thousands or even millions of years, then do they mean that literally? In other words, were they actually aware for thousands or millions of years from their subjective point of view (i.e. aware of every day, hour, minute, and second that has passed for that whole entire time just like how that would happen here in this physical reality)? Or did it really just seem like the trip lasted that vast amount of time, but was not actually that long for him/her (aka, just some sort of weird distorted perception of time)?

Last edited:
I have faced absolute horror with time dilation in an LSD trip. Time was not moving as I was in a sort of schizo state, but this was mainly due to smoking cannabis at the peak of my trip. A couple hours felt like a whole day or two quite literally. It seemed to never stop

Last edited:
They couldn't actually experience 100 million years in their trip. Like they wouldn't be aware like "ok it's been 6 years how much longer can this go on". It's more like you look at a clock one minute and look at it 10 min later and you think its been a few hours but its only been 10 min. I would say time dilation is within seconds, minutes, and feelings of hours at max. Anyone saying they felt like they were in a trip for 4 weeks really probably just experienced the feeling of time being completely meaningless and non-existent which is different than say being subjectively aware of each second within a span of years.

except when the trip goes from timeless to delirious and timeless, when the clock they are checking can show anything, and they could watch it turn from day to night to day and back to night many times. timelessness and delirium are very close together.