• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tianeptine withdrawal

mkmorto1984

Greenlighter
My son has decided to quit tianeptine cold turkey. Any advice to help him go through this will be appreciated. His use is about 3 or 4 grams in 24 hours. Thanks again for any information.

How long has he been taking this dosage? I think he would be better off setting a tapering schedule because he could have unpleasant discontinuation symptoms going cold turkey.

I would highly advise against stopping cold turkey at that dose. At least have him taper to about 100 mg per day. Yes if he has only been using a short amount of time without a prior history of opiate use it may not be that bad. 3-4 grams is a huge amount to be taking.

I stopped taking it at my dose of 130 mg per day because it looked like it was making my piss way darker even if I was hydrated. I stopped and switched to another medication and my pee went back to being a normal color. Out of all the TCA's tianeptine was shown to have the most negative effects of the liver per one study I looked at last night. Meaning it can be hard on the liver for a small portion of users. At 2-3 grams each day instead of the max dose of about 30-40 mg who knows what kind of effect it has on the body.

Thanks so much for your reply. We had no access to more tianeptine. So this may land him in the hospital. Trying hard to keep this off his medical records though because of his career field. I had heard that kratom helps a little. What do you think? He is on vacation for the next couple of weeks. Do you think that's enough time to get functional again?

Thanks for your reply. He has worked his way up to this dose within the last six months. We have no way of getting more tianeptine. That's hitting the proverbial brick wall.

Thanks for your reply. He has worked his way up to this dose within the last six months. We have no way of getting more tianeptine. That's hitting the proverbial brick wall.
This should be done under the care of a doctor. Keep some Imodium around to take at doses of 12-16 mg per 24 hours. You may find it extremely helpful for your loved one.

This should be done under the care of a doctor. Keep some Imodium around to take at doses of 12-16 mg per 24 hours. You may find it extremely helpful for your loved one.

You are not the first person I've seen recommend doctor supervision while detoxing from Tianeptine. Is the general consensus that it may be dangerous to suddenly stop high dose Tianeptine?

Make sure he is hydrated. I dont think medical supervision is absolutely necessary unless he cant keep any water down for over an extended period of time. You can taper down with massive amounts of immodium with relatively little discomfort. Look that up, people have had heart problems at high doses though.

Try 24mgs (not that big of a dose) to start with, it should keep the diarrhea at bay if anything and lesson withdrawal symptoms somewhat. I actually cannot outright recommend massive doses as people have had heart problems with it. But I tapered off of a massive dose of methadone with it with little discomfort.