• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tianeptine, What to expect?

Rafayte

Bluelighter
Two or three hours later of take 250mg tramadol I have had 250mg sodium tianeptine which are 20 pills of 12'5mg each one. What effect can I expect due to the past tramadol 250mg and the sodium tianeptine 250mg of right now?

Well all I personally feel is tired and nauseous. I'm really wish I could get that euphoric energetic feeling I keep hearing about. I tried 30, 50 and 100mg. Maybe 250mg is what it would take but I'm kind of nervous to go that high. Let me know how it goes for you.

At first I thought there might be a possibility of serotonin syndrome from mixing Tramadol and Tianeptine but so far by googling around I don't think it's a concern.

Check out what sekio had to say about this over in Advance Drug Discussion (nowadays called Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion):

Tianeptine is not a serotonin releaser or MAOI, so there's no reason the two should interact. Even if tianeptine was primarily a SRE (Serotonin Reuptake Enhancer)... it would decrease postsynaptic serotonin concentrations, the opposite of what a SSRI does.

There's a case report of someone who dropped dead in the street with ~10x the normal therapeutic dose of tramadol and tianeptine in her blood. I'm not sure if it's really relevant but it goes to show that the combination is not as threatening as a MAOI+SSRI would be.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...y-tianeptine-wouldn-t-play-well-with-tramadol

So serotonin syndrome doesn't sound like a concern but I still think you should be careful mixing the two. Their opioid effects will likely synergize. I'm not sure how the other non opioid related effects of either drug will interact though.

Maybe don't start with such a high dose of each if you are going to mix them. It might be better to start lower, say like 50mg Tramadol with 50mg Tianeptine... See how it effects you and then decide how to proceed.

In the case report sekio mentioned the girl died because she took a fatal dose of Tramadol based on the levels found in the drug screening. The tianeptine probably didn't help but her death was from too much tramadol. I would still proceed with caution...