• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tianeptine to wean off subs?

AceSlaterBTP

Greenlighter
Anybody have any experience using Tianeptine (i.e. Stablon) to stop suboxone? Tianeptine definitely increases mood and is a MOR because it took SWIM's WD's away 100%. Problem is, SWIM has been doing 200mg, maybe 3 times a day for the past 3 days (stopped subs, 1 mg/day 3 days ago), and SWIM plans to stop the Tianeptine on Monday, when more suboxone is out of SWIM's system.

Anybody have any insight on this or any tips?

Also, can someone give me actual dosages and how to use gabapentin to help with WD? I know 900 mg is the minimum, but what is a good amount, how often taken during the day, and does it actually work well enough to notice a difference in opioid WD relief? SWIM also has F-Phenibut, does anyone think that is a better choice than gabapentin? Maybe both..?

It depends on the severity of your withdrawals. If they're bad, then I would recommend 900tid every six hours followed by a taper. Phenibut can substitute for gabapentin as they work the same way on calcium channels and in regard to GABAergic activity. I would combine them though, provided your withdrawals are bad, say maybe starting out with 750mg tid or or 500mg qid. Yes, it does work for a lot of people (they call it a "comfort med" in the medical community), but it isn't a cure as there isn't cross tolerance and it won't completely get rid of your symptoms. Have you heard of clonidine being used for withdrawals? That will quiet excessive noradrenaline activity and is supposed to help a lot from what I hear. You could look into that.

Not sure about the tianeptine. All I know is you need doses well above the recommended dosage range for mu and delta opioid activation. So I dunno about the dosage you provided. But I think the above combo will help. You could even up the gabapenting to 1200mg tid, which only equals 200tid of lyrica so it's not that high, only sounds it, and then taper down. But I would stick to the phenibut too and slowly raise to feel the effects but remember to absolutely and slowly wean off of that.

If they aren't that bad, either one is a fine option. I would personally go with phenibut because it's a stronger drug at the alpha2delta calcium channel and has strong GABA B effects whic h will help with symptoms such as nightmares, sweating, anorexia, pain, anxiety, etc. It's a very powerful gabapentinoid.

It's similar, yes. It varies individually as to which would be more helpful. But if you got the dose right for the phenibut, and took it tid, even qid, I think it would be more helpful as it provides the same calcium channel modulatory effects and has powerful activity at GABA B receptors, and it is also known to have an effect on dopamine synthesis because of it's phenethylamine-like structure--something the other gabapentinoids lack.

I don't think a lot of people have explored phenibut in doses and regimens that would provide medically therapeutic benefits, so it doesn't have a very good reputation because it's mostly abused in high doses extensively which leads to withdrawals.