• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tianeptine Suboxone dance

jamblez

Greenlighter
Fuck me. It's my first time posting on BL I've been lurking here for many years. Hopefully I don't break any rules. I've just been so immobilized the past 2 days I've been pouring over threads on here and Reddit. So I have been using tianeptine sodium for about 6 months. Most recently I was at 2-3gpd but I've been as high as 7-8. Fucking gnarly. So I basically got sick of it and was fighting so hard to get through the holidays I knew I only had enough to get me through Christmas night and was committed to toughing out the wd’s with kratom and phenibut as I was staying at my gfs mom’s house for the holiday. Felt like a safe place and I was actually able to play it off as a bad flu. But the day after jumping of Tia I was taking up to 60 gpd of kratom, not really feeling the effect so much as an ability to at least lay still for a couple hours. I did this for 3 days and on the 4th day I drove home to CA. I was still taking kratom but it got to the point I needed to take 10+gs every 1.5 hours or if fall right back into wd’s. I knew this wasn't sustainable so I caved and picked up some Tia.

The next week I did ok with my dosage it was lowered from a few days off but then I had a buddy send me some Adderall and suboxone to help me kick. I took the Adderall last Friday and all hell broke loose with my Tia dosage. I found myself getting right back up to over 5gs those last two days.

Finally, Sunday comes and I wake up at 2pm cuz I was on an Adderall bender late the night before and I was out of Tia. I had 5 measly tianaa pills which I took shortly after waking up. I actually slept some that night but wd’s started setting in the next morning. I made it to about 24 hours after taking the tianaa and maybe 36 since taking real Tia. I started with 4mgs didn't get any PWD but then worked my way up to 24mgs with no real relief. I felt ok the first couple hours after I hit 24mg but then into the evening I was on and off cold sweats, gi issues, no sleep. Def wasn't PWD but it's like the subs didn't touch it. I did a lot of reading and saw so many positive reports on using subs this way but I also saw plenty of people it didn't work for. Unfortunately I didn't have enough subs to try this experiment again but I had more Tia coming this morning. I also researched and saw plenty of people who were able to dose Tia after using subs but again not me. Took a little over my normal dose as it was sulfate but I know how much to take to get an effect. And just nothing. It's weird I almost think the subs we're operating better in my system today because after I finally got out of bed (after spending a whole night awake trying to not keep my gf up with my wd’s) I wasn't dealing with the hot/cold as much just sweaty palms, fatigue, heavy depression and no appetite.

I guess in just ranting about my most recent fuck up. Nobody in my life knows what's going on. But i’m passed the point where I can get rehab/detox help from family. I was trying to just maintain this on my own and was praying a 4 day sub taper would work but it looks like I'm back to square 1. But I guess my only question is in your experience after taking 24mgs of subs it's gonna be about 2-3 days before I can take Tia again? I'm just trying to figure out how to get well enough to get my ass up and seek out help or make another order for more Tia. Cuz at this point I really can't go thru a full blown Tia we where I am staying. Maybe the best option is to order more and just try and do a quick taper.

Sorry this ended up as my whole fucking story but hopefully someone took the time to read it who has some advice. Thanks!

I assumed tianeptine would work after buprenorphine. Never combined the two.

Kratom sucks for tianeptine withdrawal, sometimes it make it worse with that weird skin shit it does.

Get more tianeptine and taper. Not sure how long the bupe will block it.

Tianeptine withdrawal is not fun but its pretty short. I quit a 1.5g a day habit, which is not as bad as yours, and i used benzos and kratom. The kratom just prolongs the misery, and sucks to take in its own right.

Get some sulfate and taper down, then quit. There aren't alot of ex-tianeptine heads on here aside from me, you may do better on reddit. Specifically, i have no experience with bupe + tianeptine. Good luck, you'll get off it. After 7 days you'll feel much better. Benzos and baths help.

I assumed tianeptine would work after buprenorphine. Never combined the two.

Kratom sucks for tianeptine withdrawal, sometimes it make it worse with that weird skin shit it does.

Get more tianeptine and taper. Not sure how long the bupe will block it.

Tianeptine withdrawal is not fun but its pretty short. I quit a 1.5g a day habit, which is not as bad as yours, and i used benzos and kratom. The kratom just prolongs the misery, and sucks to take in its own right.

Get some sulfate and taper down, then quit. There aren't alot of ex-tianeptine heads on here aside from me, you may do better on reddit. Specifically, i have no experience with bupe + tianeptine. Good luck, you'll get off it. After 7 days you'll feel much better. Benzos and baths help.
Ah man, yeah I guess I got myself into a real niche fucking addiction here. But thanks for your response. Ya I def need to get myself some benzos for this shit.

Ah man, yeah I guess I got myself into a real niche fucking addiction here. But thanks for your response. Ya I def need to get myself some benzos for this shit.
Are you still struggling my friend? I just came across your story and sympathize with you greatly. I was on 8-12mg of Suboxone a day when I decided to give tianeptine a try. In the beginning I was mixing the two with no problems whatsoever. I first ordered sulfate, then I tried sodium and because I'm an addict, sodium is what I pretty much stuck to the next few months. My dosing of tianeptine got out of control super quick, super fast, and felt like the Suboxone was interfering with my up-dosing of tianeptine so I gradually stopped taking the Suboxone. Fast forward a few months, and you'll find I was not in subs anymore, and I was taking at least 10g of sodium per day, mixing it with a few grams of sulfate because I felt like it prolonged the sodium high. I knew I was in way too deep, I was barely sleeping because I had to keep dosing in order to ward off withdrawals, and slowly my mind started becoming really warped due to the lack of sleep and large amounts of sodium I was ingesting. After reading some passages on Reddit, I knew I had to make the difficult switch from sodium to sulfate. So I ended up making that switch...+10g a day of sodium to roughly 8g a day of sulfate. It was definitely challenging but it did allow a chance for my mind to settle down a bit. I did experience some withdrawals, my mind and body still wanted frequent dosing and I did just that. I basically just tried to friggin maintain. I felt like the sulfate was holding me as well as it should, so I actually purchased some ethyl ester sulfate to give that a try. So stopped sodium on a Wednesday night, started only sulfate from Wednesday night until Tuesday the following week when the ethyl ester arrived, then used the ethyl ester until Saturday morning when I decided this shit needs to stop, I just want to be back on Suboxone living normally again. Last dose of tianeptine was Saturday morning at 8:15am, started withdrawal pretty darn quick, probably 3 hrs later I was feeling symptomatic. I managed to get 2 5mg Percocets and 6 50mg tramadols...they made the next 12hrs fairly easy to tolerate. Well, after those were all gone eeeek, fuk me! I had some kratom but truthfully can't stand how much powder ingesting I have to do. I managed to gobble up around 12-14g of kratom which helped a little, but still didn't take away my RLS...more like restless muscle syndrome cause my whole body was restless. The kratom was taken around prob midnight, and 2 hrs later I just couldn't take it anymore. I've read a lot of threads about needing to wait 24-36hrs before administration of Suboxone after tianeptine last dose. Well, I couldn't friggin wait any longer, so at about 2am I dosed a half strip of Suboxone. I was in serious withdrawal so I thought to myself any precipitated withdrawal cannot be much worse than what I'm already experiencing. I was right. It took away my warm and cold rushes, and made the withdrawals more tolerable. I ended up taking another half strip, another half strip, and another half strip. So by 6am I would say I had two full strips of sub in me. The full 16mg definitely calmed down the twitches and RLS, didn't fully take it away but it was all tolerable now. I also took about a gram and a half of phenibut throughout that time period which helped but is kinda like a double edged sword. I also wanted that damn sub in me knowing that once it's in me, I cannot get high even if I wanted to. The thought of going to grab other opiates came across my mind many times but the sub was able to ward the worst of the cravings. My girlfriend is on prozac so I also took 40mg of prozac for 4 days after my Tia usage to ward off serotonin withdrawal, small doses of phenibut morning and night (200mg) which I will slowly taper from. So today is Wednesday and I am taking 8mg Suboxone in morning, 8mg Suboxone in evening, I'm down to 20mg of prozac, and yesterday I started 50mg bromantane with 500mg of tyrosine in the morning. I did this in an attempt to get my damn dopamine levels up and in my opinion it has helped. Oh, I also have been taking clonidine 1mg pills as needed to help with withdrawal symptoms, 2 agmatine pills 500mg morning and night. I've been able to sleep which is great, but my muscles start to feel restless around 2-3am, I've been waking up around 5-6am to start my dosing of 8mg sub. Sorry if this write up is a little all over the place, if you have any questions just hit me up. What I do want to say is coming off Tia with Suboxone is possible, I'm just surprised at the amount of Suboxone I need to combat the withdrawals from the Tia. This is only after about 4 months of using too. I would say that you have to switch from sodium to sulfate, and wait as long as possible to switch from sulfate to subs. If you can get your hand on some SSRI meds just so you can taper serotonin withdrawal, that is a huge help. Small benzo doses or phenibut doses are a big help too. I have called out of work three days in a row, told them I have the flu. I think I will try to make it to work tomorrow. I feel stronger and a tad better everyday, and I am hopeful I'll be able to stay on this path that I'm on. I am sweating at night, and have sweaty armpits during the day, taking immodium daily to help bowels stay solid, and just pushing friggin through dude. Hope you managed to stop yourself, best of luck!

Damn thats alot of tianeptine. How much does a 10g a sodium day habit cost? How do you dose that, like 1.25 grams 8x a day? In the later stages withdrawal starts within 3 hours after last dosing, its pretty awful.

Ive quit tianeptine sodium at 1.5g/day and it was pretty rough. The good part is that it is relatively short. You are extremely lucky to have suboxone, stopping a 10g a day habit cold turkey would probably have you in the hospital.

As a point of information its good to know how quickly one can take suboxone in these situations. I feel like kratom works the least for tianeptine withdrawal.

Last edited:
Damn thats alot of tianeptine. How much does a 10g a sodium day habit cost? How do you dose that, like 1.25 grams 10x a day? In the later stages withdrawal starts within 3 hours after last dosing, its pretty awful.

Ive quit tianeptine sodium at 1.5g/day and it was pretty rough. The good part is that it is relatively short. You are extremely lucky to have suboxone, stopping a 10g a day habit cold turkey would probably have you in the hospital.

As a point of information its good to know how quickly one can take suboxone in these situations. I feel like kratom works the least for tianeptine withdrawal.
At my worst I was dosing 750mg of sodium and 1000mg of sulfate in one dose. I felt like the sulfate would make my sodium come down not so hard. I was addicted to that immediate euphoria the sodium was giving me and once that euphoria wore off, I'd want to take more. I didn't come straight off the sodium though, I switched from the sodium to the sulfate which probably helped me more than I know. I tried kicking the sodium CT and I got such painful restless leg syndrome that I made my girl hand over the stash and I refused 12hr after my first kicking attempt. If I had to go through it again, I'd obviously switch to sulfate, try and lower my grams per day usage(which I did), use small benzo dosing and tramadol for 48 hrs, then switch to Suboxone. That would be my ideal situation. I would always recommend to go as long as you can to dose subs, but I'd say dosing subs is better than using more Tia or another opiate to ward off withdrawals. I think kratom only works if you are taking 1g-2g a day of Tia, not quite sure. Never cared much for the kratom. I got my Tia from Chinese connections in Alibaba, most likely where all the other distributers go for their connections. It's much cheaper, 50g sodium at around 200$

Why did you wait to take the sub at all. Didn’t you start your story with the fact that you took them simultaneously or back and forth before you quit the sub? Wouldn’t that mean that it’s safe to take sub after taking the tia? I used to have no trouble taking sub and tia back and forth. Now if I ever got ahold of some real h while taking suboxone...whoa. I could do heroine right after taking sub no problem but if I tried to go back and take the sub 8 hrs later or so holy shit it’s the most out of this world experience you can imagine the precipitation wd.

Hey OP! I really think that if you put your foot down a bit, we can work together to figure out a reasonable taper for you. I don't have personal experience with Tianeptine, but I've read a little bit about it and have heard some experiences. It seems that the compulsive nature of the drug is pretty much its hallmark. If you're interested, please let us know. You can send me a PM too if you would like to talk or even if you need the Keif' Richards version of emotional support. Let's just say I've got a tropical ulcer on my shoulder from all of the tears that have been shed upon it.

I was a little unsure about one thing. Are you sure that such a high dose of Buprenorphine was needed? I only want you to limit the dose as much as possible, as we need to get your tolerance down and I just have a feeling that 24mg Buprenorphine might not actually be doing you favors.

Also, I don't think it's out of the question for you to go to an urgent care under the guise of something like Alcohol withdrawal. I'm not trying to encourage dishonesty, but there's no way you will encounter a prescriber familiar with high dose Tianeptine usage. I think you could probably walk away with some comfort medications that might help. This is by no means a guarantee, but it's something that you can consider.