• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Tianeptine sodium or sulfate?

MewTwoReceptor

Greenlighter
Hello fellow people of earth. I'll cut right to the chase. My friend hooked me up with some ZAZA (tianeptine) and I was just wondering if these capsules are the sulfate or the sodium form? The bottles don't say much but I am surprised to see that one of the bottles 'ZAZA Silver' contains phenibut. Anyways, any knowledge would be helpful. I'm no scientist lol.

It's probably sulfate, but there is no telling what form or even what dose those pills contain.

We can't ID this for you unfortunately, it's against the rules and it would be pure speculation.

Yeah I kina figured this gas station stuff is a crap-shoot. Anyways, it makes me feel pretty good but I feel like I need to take a considerable amount to achieve therapeutic effect. I'm gonna try the one with Phenibut tomorrow. I've never done Phenibut but I heard it's extremely subtle. Coming from a xan addict that's not exactly what I wanna hear lol. But yeah, these reds... 🔥🔥

Also, anyone know how it might react with Kratom? I use Kratom frequently, but this stuff feels like it's doing the trick by itself. Just wondering if it would intensify the buzz or nah?

I've never done Phenibut but I heard it's extremely subtle. Coming from a xan addict that's not exactly what I wanna hear lol.
In reasonable and small doses it can be "subtle" (<1.5g), but it can be quite the potent drug and has delusional sobriety situations for sure. I have blacked out for many hours and driven my car not remembering anything on phenibut. I've fallen asleep in inappropriate places. I have overdosed on phenibut a few times which can be scary, I was conscious and able to talk but could not communicate or remember basic things, where I was or what day it was. High doses of phenibut taken a few days in a row begins to put me into psychosis, I will start having visual hallucinations. Taking high doses (2g+) of phenibut has concerning and negative side effects like brain zaps, dizziness, all sorts of things. It also has a very long duration (24-30hr +) so if you overdose you're going to be in a bad way for a very long time.

Treat it just like any other drug, it's not to be taken lightly. Do not abuse it long term, the dependence and withdrawals are unusually severe. Just as bad, if not worse in some ways, than benzo addiction. It's no joke.

Don't try to use it as if it were a benzo, this attitude is what got me into these situations while I was using it. It's not very recreational and trying to make it so by taking high doses is a bad idea. It can be tricky to use because it takes 4-5 hours to kick in, causing compulsive redosing, and then lasts well past 24hr into the next day.

Last edited:
Also, anyone know how it might react with Kratom? I use Kratom frequently, but this stuff feels like it's doing the trick by itself. Just wondering if it would intensify the buzz or nah?
I am not overly familiar with tianeptine pharmacology, but I would be very careful doing this. I'm unsure on this one.

Take tianeptine sodium, it’s cheaper and works just as good. And it’s not hygroskopic.

True, but it seems to hit you much less strongly to the point that the sulphate is not very recreational , vs sodium which is quite recreational. I have not tried sulphate, personally, it's just what I've heard from those who have tried both.

I was also wondering which one the Zaza pills are, so good to know. I was beginning to suspect sulphate because I don't get much from them, except one time I got really high and it was great. Then the next 8 pills from the same bottle didn't do much of anything, like the other times I did them. But I have a monstrous opiate tolerance.

Kratom is an opioid ad so is tianeptine, so you should expect them to combine like combining two opioids does. Be careful trying to combine them.

Also be careful with the phenibut ones, taking too much phenibut is not good, it feels really rough. In appropriate doses, phenibut is great, but if you dose too high it becomes shitty and unpleasant and dysphoric. Since companies aren't required to say how much of each ingredient is in a "proprietary formula", you don't know how much phenibut is in each, so it would be easy to dose too much.

Btw, why do they sell 12,5mg tabs over here while you have to take 140mg of it? Germany at its best, it’s a good medicine.

Because at 12.5mg it is super mild and works as an antidepressant, and probably has a low chance of abusability or addiction. They used to try to say it's an SSRE (selective serotonin reuptake enhancer), but that's not a real thing. Turns out it's an agonist at the mu opioid receptor and that's why it makes you feel good. You have to take a lot of it to get noticeably high, but it still does something at a low dose, and is safer to use at that dose, too.

Not that much a fan of microdosing, lsd eg. 20mcg let me feel funny for 1hour max. Not that helpful for my life.

Tianeptine has a furiously strong blocking power for other opioids. I am currently on both sodium and sulfate and I feel no effects from any other opioid. Others have reported this effect can last days after last usage. Honestly, this substance snuck up on me so fast. Tolerance builds rapidly, effects diminish quick, and the withdrawal syndrome is no joke. Worse than H for me. Phenibut is just as sneaky and tolerance builds insanely quick. Also a hellish WD syndrome.

It works pretty well with kratom, both extract and powder. I recommend taking the kratom about an hour or 30 minutes before or thirty minutes after you start to feel effects from the tianeptine.

Be careful though, too much kratom with it can cause that weird, opiated sort of nausea that buprenorphine brings to the opiate naive.

God bless.

Hello fellow people of earth. I'll cut right to the chase. My friend hooked me up with some ZAZA (tianeptine) and I was just wondering if these capsules are the sulfate or the sodium form? The bottles don't say much but I am surprised to see that one of the bottles 'ZAZA Silver' contains phenibut. Anyways, any knowledge would be helpful. I'm no scientist lol.
They are sulfate. The onset of effects with zaza says it all. Tia sodium hits in like 15 minutes while sulfate can take an hour but also lasts alot longer. Tia is my DOC and besides the Free Acid form I am very familiar with it. Zaza is def sulfate. Another way to tell is by tasting the powder in the capsule. If it was sodium it would taste like battery acid but it does not.

They are sulfate. The onset of effects with zaza says it all. Tia sodium hits in like 15 minutes while sulfate can take an hour but also lasts alot longer. Tia is my DOC and besides the Free Acid form I am very familiar with it. Zaza is def sulfate. Another way to tell is by tasting the powder in the capsule. If it was sodium it would taste like battery acid but it does not.

Court documents indicate that they contain tianeptine sodium. Not only that, it would only make sense for them to use tianeptine sodium as it is far more addictive and compulsive, and also cheaper per dose.

But I'm sure they use low quality tianeptine sodium. I've noticed some funky effects from low grade tianeptine sodium, including a slower than normal onset. Also, old tianeptine exposed to moisture can also have a delayed/altered effect. They also mix in a bunch of stuff in those products.

Of course, what they decide to actually put in those capsules I'm sure can vary. But again, aside from court documents indicating it is the sodium, it just wouldn't make sense for them to use a longer lasting, less habituating and more expensive version of tianeptine.

Court documents indicate that they contain tianeptine sodium. Not only that, it would only make sense for them to use tianeptine sodium as it is far more addictive and compulsive, and also cheaper per dose.

But I'm sure they use low quality tianeptine sodium. I've noticed some funky effects from low grade tianeptine sodium, including a slower than normal onset. Also, old tianeptine exposed to moisture can also have a delayed/altered effect. They also mix in a bunch of stuff in those products.

Of course, what they decide to actually put in those capsules I'm sure can vary. But again, aside from court documents indicating it is the sodium, it just wouldn't make sense for them to use a longer lasting, less habituating and more expensive version of tianeptine.
Interesting! However, they changed the formula (I think) after the court deal. I mean obviously I'm speculating but the battery acid taste isnt there and it def has a longer onset of action, for me anyway. One thing I would argue is that sodium is NOT cheaper than sulfate. They are the same. Some vendors just charge more for sodium as it is in higher demand.

They're supposed to have either 50 or 75 mg per capsule if they're the ZaZa red.

They must have some significant amount because after 3 days of a few capsules a day I stopped and had withdrawal, it was horrible.

I was using them as a bit of anti-anxiety help and then when I decided I didn't want to use them anymore (literally 3 days later), I had horrible withdrawal for 2 days and part of a third. Felt like the flu, didn't want to eat, It was classic opiate withdrawal.

Luckily I wasn't on them very long. In alcohol rehab I met guys who told me horror stories about zaza withdrawal.

Interesting! However, they changed the formula (I think) after the court deal. I mean obviously I'm speculating but the battery acid taste isnt there and it def has a longer onset of action, for me anyway. One thing I would argue is that sodium is NOT cheaper than sulfate. They are the same. Some vendors just charge more for sodium as it is in higher demand.
Yes I agree 120% on what you are saying. They have to had changed their formula, although I’m old school when I do the tia sodium I will literally eat it off the palm of my hand. Now the old formula would burn sometimes your throat like you literally just swallowed battery acid and then smoke a menthol cigarette…….ahhhh bliss.

But I don’t really feel that burn anymore since I started back I’ve felt it’s few times and damnit that shit does kinda scares me and gives me a nice euphoria for a little while.
It does get expensive, I haven’t touched the sulfate since 2016 when I first met tianeptine.

As soon as I tried the sodium version I was sold. But to be honest it is one of those drugs people call a monkey on their backs.