• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine question

Nicholai

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I quit my big nasty dilaudid abuse/addiction about six months ago. I am having rather a lot of trouble functioning when I need to get things done. I just don't have any energy.

So, tonight I took 45mgs hydrocodone, and lo and behold, I was able to get the house clean! It had really deteriorated, and I used the lovely energy boost to get it clean!

I do more or less need an antidepressant, at least some of the time, so occasionally taking a dose of tianeptine, which I have never tried, just seems like it might be helpful to me when I really need to function.

Believe me, I have no intention of getting hooked on opies again. I did not go on bupe or methadone, despite the fact that they were offered to me. I just had far, far too many horrid side-effects from my long, nasty IV dilaudid addiction, and it made me absolutely miserable. Not able to sleep right, I was sweating constantly(disgusting crotch sweat, UGH!), was constantly hot and freezing at the same time, horrifically depressed, etc.

So please don't warn me about getting addicted again. I'm just not willing to get myself into that position again.

I do have more hydro, but have no urge to redose.

So, opinions?

Also, if anyone has a good bit of experience with it, what is the dose equivalency of tianeptine compared to hydro or oxy?

Thanks a ton in advance for any useful replies.

Much love,

-Nicholai

Well the issue here is the fact that theyre not equipotent at any dose to hydrocodone or oxycodone because the antidepressant qualities tend to show up near 12.5 to 25mg, whereas the opioid qualities tend to show up near the 60-100mg range. Still not a bad option for you if you really want to try it, but i think itd be a lot easier for you to try something with no opioid qualities at all, such as kanna or a true SSRI/SNRI

Ahh, thanks for the useful info.

Yeah, I've been on Cymbalta, till I ran out anyway(and I'm between doctors). It was useful...I've trialed pretty much all the antidepressants, and Cymbalta is the only one I can tolerate. Helps with depression, and a little bit with my chronic pain, but doesn't help with energy whatsoever.

Been meaning to try Kanna for a long time, thanks for reminding me!

If youre having some serious troubles with energy AND want something opioidergic, i would say kratom BUT the addiction potential is definitely there. I am currently addicted to kratom and have stopped twice before and keep coming back to it. Dont fool yourself, but it does work and ive stayed at the exact same dosage for over a year now.

tianeptine is a horrible substitute for oxy or hydro. The high sucks and is very short lived plus tolerance seems to build rapidly. If you can get oxy or hydro I'd stick with those.

That being said I used to get a buzz off of 100mg of tianeptine when I first started and had little tolerance.

I would not suggest getting on getting on Tianeptine.
I have had horrible withdrawals, I would say it was worse then oxycodone withdrawals.
Find something else, what helped me was gabapentin. Even those have withdrawals after long use,
it can be easy to get off with a taper. It helps with my anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and even energy.
For me, it makes my coffee 5 times stronger, which is a plus in the morning.

If I really wanted to get high I'd just get some dope, heh.

Thanks for the quality info, guys. Going to give this chem a miss.

I started with 100mgs tianeptine which gave me a buzz and moved onto 1g 2x a day very, very quickly. I was replacing an opiate habit. Just don't do it.