• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine great feeling on wd from hydromorphone and tramadol

AsiJO96

Greenlighter
Hello, i just want to share my experience...i have been smoking hydromorphone powder -pure from medical factory, 4 months in crazy amounts...than i ran out and i used tramadol as a substitude just to not feel like i am gonna die, for like 2 weeks..today is my first day without any opiod,not even tramadol. When i woke up today i took 100mg modafinil,so i can wake up and take care of my 5 months old dog. Since 12 pm i feel moderate opiate withdrawal, huge depression, cold hand, legs, runny nose and my eyes and head hurs..but before 1 hour i took 200mg tianeptine, i am prescribed 2x12,5mg daily by my psychiatrist, alongside with 0,5mg alprazolam daily..30 minutes after administration i felt nothing, than i ate some food and boom...huge warm feeling, itching, have energy and feeling good..iam really surprised by the potential of tianeptine sodium...but what do u think,am i just delaying my suffering or can i use in lower doses, like 50 mg, not to feel this good morphine-like high, but not to feel terribly depressed ? And i wont get hooked on tianeptine cause i am limited to 90x12,5mg pills per month.

Consuming your antidepressant in massive doses is not sustainable as you already know. Try taking it as prescribed it might work.

Tianeptine is an opioid just like tramadol, or hydromorphone. You're just prolonging your suffering.

Just like seiko said.. Its a "Opiate". Tianeptine is a full agonist at the mu opioid receptor. Which is probably why you felt that "huge warm feeling".

I know opiates are great for depression (at least for me anyways) but if you're trying to get off opiates, I wouldnt take this. Maybe they can give you something else for depression?

The problem with tianeptine is, that it does not help me in recommended dosage, and i was given it only because i told my doc, who wanted to put me on citalopram, that i want velafaxine or bupropione or tianeptine, nothing else..so he put me on tianeptine, but i am not sure if i will even need any antidepressant cause i am starting to feel better. Which one of SSri class is the best and have the least sexual and weight side effects ? I would love to try wellbutrin because i like modafinil and in past i loved meth but he wont prescribe it to me for some reason...

I take effexor the biggest factor that helped with my ssri induced ED was time i just stuck with it and in a few weeks it was completely gone now i have zero ed issues on effexor. But then again I wanted to die soo ed for like 2-4 weeks ill take it.

he wont prescribe me venlafaxine, in his opinion it has more adverse effects than clasical ssris like citalopram

If tianeptine is not helping you at recommended doses then stop now. It's only gonna set you back, antidepressant effect everyone differently, you won't know what side effects you'll have until you take it yourself.

It doesnt matter. What i mean that is if you take any drug that is a ssri just because you get ed doesnt mean it wont go away. I had erection problems only for the first few weeks. Which might be not a big deal if in my case i wanted to die.

Will tiapeine make you test positive?

Drug test questions technically aren't allowed here, but if you take a quick glance at the structure of tianeptine vs that of morphine, we can probably assume the answer to be "no".

However, using it as a substitute for an opioid habit is highly discouraged, as it isn't particularly potent, and has a very short half-life.

At therapeutic doses (3x12.5 mg/day), it is arguably a really good antidepressant though.

Tianeptine has an extremely short duration of action, I got really really heavy into using the sodium version a few years ago. Started at ~100mg, but at the end I was using ~5-7 grams each day..........and not feeling hedonistic-ally high and wonderful all day, but just staying out of W/D. Doses only really lasted 4 hours max. The "high" was really just about 1-1.5 hours long (while I actually could get high), and after was just a feeling of normal before the tianeptine completely left (and that window of normal got smaller and smaller each day).

I was waking up every 2-3 hours through the night in W/D, and let me tell you, eating that much tianeptine fuckin sucked. It'd blast through my stomach and I'd throw up pretty often, most usually on the morning. The taste of that was so bad, the stomach acid and tianeptine mixed to make this acidic slush thatd get in my nose and everywhere and the taste would never completely go away, even with brushing my teeth 5 times in a row and gargling mouth wash. I had 2 shipments arriving each week, the max i could order without a research grant/permit thing. i had to spring for overnight shipping, and eventually, I spent so much each time I'd get free overnight shipping (that should tell you how much I was spending).

If you've been addicted to hydromorphone or any other opioid, the last thing you want to do is replace that with a MUCH shorter acting opioid that operates like tianeptine. I'd pretty much guarentee your doses would fly out of control, and since youre actually prescribed them, it'd be pretty bad to be OUT of your monthly script after 3 days.

It'll take care of that opioid absence problem. but not for long, and it is the least sustainable opioid to use for anything except what its prescribed for in the suggested doses and NO more

I have prescribed tianeptine in 12'5mg tablets, two daily. I took large amounts as 250mg and get a strong narcotic high which ever ends in a deep dream. Now I have not tianeptine but when I get the next package I will take it adequately taking only one pill in the morning and other in the evening

I think there is no reason for me to take tianeptine for depression,because i was taking a lot of hydromorphone, much stronger opiate agonist, so tianeptine in recommended doses is not effective for me probably due to my opiate tolerance...i may give citalopram a try but i would rather been prescribed more stimulating antidepressant because after i stopped using opiates i dont have any energy and i cant feel pleasure out of anything... but my doc is asshole.

Last edited:
The inability to get pleasure out of what you do and the low energy are latent effects of your opioid use. The biggest hurdle I had to pass was that once acute W/D is over, the "getting clean/stopping opioid use" journey is just beginning. All of that is due to conditioning and reinforcing effects of chronic opioid use. Basically, everything is better with opioids, so you do that for awhile and enjoy it completely. The reality that everything really DOES seem better reinforces that belief and compels you to do it again, and again, and again, until its ingrained into your daily routine. It doesn't take very long to get there either.

The only way to *really* get past this hurdle of feeling like ass and not feeling anything is to make yourself get up and move and start replacing habits centered around opioids with other habits, and working to find what gives your life meaning. Medications will help, but by themselves they are going to be a disappointment. Personally, it took therapy, help from friends and family, and finding a good doctor to really help set me on the way.........and im still falling back into it and rerlapsing. its hard, and it sucks big time.

Get rid of your asshole doctor and find one who can understand where youre coming from. not easy, but it'll help you big time

I decided to try citalopram,i am on third day of 10mg in the morning and first day i had horrible headache, mild twitches, sweats and huge pupils...now i feel like it actually do something in terms of energy and better mood, it feels like strange dxm and speed mix...but i guess i just have to get used to it.