• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine danger and withdrawal

Kratom withdrawals are almost non-existent.

That is incorrect. There are withdrawals from kratom. Some people do experience slightly easier withdrawals from kratom than other opiates, but some people also say the withdrawals from both are comparable. Basically drugs effect everyone differently.

But make no mistake, you will experience withdrawals if you are dependent and suddenly stop taking kratom.

NTI, just start taking Kratom my man. Tianeptine is definitely bad for you at those dosages. You should feel fine making the switch or have minimal discomfort. Tianeptine is not safe if you are taking that much. Liver and kidneys iirc. Stop taking so many drugs in AP withdrawal. It will make it worse. Everything makes it worse. Just chill and wait it out man. This too shall pass.

Try weaning yourself off and when you withdraw have a nice hot bath 2 paracetomols food and bed and you should be right as rain

I tried going cold turkey today. IMPOSSIBLE.

If I were to run out, idk what I would do. It feels like at 24 hours it would be potentially deadly. I made it about....3am-8pm. At 8pm I dosed.I was wd so bad that after the dose hit me, I was still withdrawing. It wasn't until 3-4 doses that I stopped withdrawing (even when it was giving me a buzz I was still withdrawing!)

This stuff is no joke. I was hot AND cold, sweating, aches, pretty bad pressure in my whole head, a general "nasty" feeling (can't describe it, but I just felt...like.. gross - and it was one of the worst if not the worst part of the wd), and I was only around 12 hours in when this stuff started getting completely unbearable. Surprised I didn't dose until 7-8pm. I felt like I was in some kind of chamber with poisonous gas or something. As I was hot and cold at the same time with the insanely bad "nasty" feeling, I started to think about Hell and how bad it must be. Good thing God is so infinitely merciful, or I would be completely terrified. The Church teaches only those who choose to go to Hell go to Hell (those who choose to reject God's grace and commit grave sins with full knowledge and deliberate consent). I would never choose Hell over God! I know when this is over, I will be thanking Jesus a lot more for saving me from Hell!

I tried.

New plan:

Every day when I wake up, I am going to withdraw for as long as I can. Then, hopefully after atleast 12 hours (I was dosing 24/hrs a day and night before), I will take a huge dose to stop the withdrawals and then dose the rest of the night. Wake up and do it again. I doubt I will make it more than 12 hours tomorrow, though, because the pressure is still pretty bad on my head and I have been dosing for 8 hours. The pressure started to build during the withdrawal and it got unbearable before I dosed. After I dosed, the pressure became completely bearable but it was still there and STILL IS 8 HOURS LATER. What happened? Is my brain shrinking or something (joke, kind of)!?

I will probably end up dosing when the "nasty" feeling starts to get hard to bear through. I know it won't be long before I can't take it anymore, once I get to that point.

Maybe I can try withdrawing for 12 hours/day, and then dose for 12 hours/night, and then do it all again until I am used to this schedule and I don't withdraw from it. Then I could start knocking an hour off every...half week to a week or so.

Is there any reason my plan is dangerous and/or unwise?

And WHAT IS THAT NASTY FEELING??? It feels so bad. It's like I feel....I can't describe it. It's almost like this. The opiate aspect of tianeptine along with the SSRE of it brings GREAT comfort to me. It makes me feel very comfortable and clean. The dirty feeling is the opposite. I feel very uncomfortable (in the exact opposite way) and DIRTY!

But I don't mean it feels like I haven't showered. It feels like my very flesh is dirty. Like my body is dirty in and of itself. KIND OF but can't explain it. I never felt anything like it before. Anyone know how to counteract this? it is probably the hardest part of withdrawing!

Last edited:
Is there any possibility for you to taper or got to rehab? Because this sounds like you really need some help man. This pressure could also result from constantly taking massive doses, like a side effect or so.

This pressure in my head is really wierd. I haven't been withdrawing for 8 whole hours now! All other symptoms are gone. The pressure in my head is still at 75% of what it was in the withdrawals (maybe a little less). Am I hurting my brain by withdrawing?

Someone please help before 8am est. I am planning on stopping dosing at 8am and not dosing again until 8pm. Im staying awake all night for this purpose. I can sleep through most of the w/ds HOPEFULLY. Am I in danger here?

I can't believe I made it as far as I did.

I only made it that long because of God's grace. I begged God to take away the RLS and He took it away all together throughout the whole withdrawal NO RLS. God is helping me, but I can't do this. I asked Him to heal me all together and He hasn't yet. He has, however, taken away the BAD BAD BAD restless leg syndrome that even 4 hours of withdrawing used to give me. The RLS was so bad. I'm so thankful that He has taken that part of this away. I don't know why He didn't heal me all the way, but I am just thankful for the grace that I do receive from our Blessed Lord! I can't wait to be free. I will never take it for granted. I will never do drugs again, outside of what doctors prescribe, and I will love every day of my life. I am going to spend my days praying, reading the Word, going to Mass and receiving the Eucharist EVERY DAY, and reading about the Saints. I am never going to watch TV or play video games again (atleast, not just for fun), especially not every day, and I am going to avoid sin at all costs. I want to be a Holy Saint. I will never take it for granted. To be able to just be at peace, read the Word of God, pray, go to Mass, and love God..... If I get through this (and with God's help, I know I will make it through this eventually), I will be the happiest person on the planet just doing those things for all of my days - knowing if I die in a state of grace, I will go to Heaven thanks to Jesus! I would not have made it through any amount of wds at all if God did not take away the restless leg syndrome, which when I was withdrawing before actually went all through my body - making my whole body completely restless.

Help me! Anyone who has good advice, please help me - you will be helping me do God's will!

Last edited:
bro.. i seriosuly feel for u... im going thru withdrawal atm from Butyr-Fentanyl.. which is no joke. but i am managing. i live in a third world country. i dont get hot showers or most comforts u guys in the states have. i do have OTC tramadol.. this has surprisingly helped a lot/ i still cant really sleep but it took away the most uncomfortable parts of the withdrawal..
if u can get something else.. u need to taper off the opiate your on with something longer lasting. get suboxone prescribed. it might help after 24 hours. u will need to make it thru 24 hours tho. can u get H? i think it would be safer to switch to a known opiate for a week, then taper off that. at least u know what u will be in for.. ie. its been experienced by thousands.
hey btw i dont think your insane. most people have no idea about reality. angels and demons are real as u and i. best of luck to you brutha

hydr0m0rph (and NoToInvega), are you able to get memantine (admenta from Sun Pharma/India is really cheap for example)?
hey btw i dont think your insane. most people have no idea about reality. angels and demons are real as u and i.
Yeah. Just that everyone uses different words for the same.

I don't believe you are harming your brain, just keep at it. If you continue doing as well as you have been doing I think you will be out of the WDs pretty soon. My hat is off to you for making it this far CT.

If there is something that I have learned, it is that God often lets us wait, so that we learn to trust him.

"And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God." (Zecharia 13:9)

You should not unnecessarily bring yourself into a desperate situation and then expect God to help you. That would be akin to testing the Lord. God expects us to use our own resources to the best of our knowledge before turning to him for help.

So I would strongly recommend you switch to something like Suboxone and wait until you no longer feel the effects of the Invega Sustenna before you taper off and withdraw.
Particularly if you feel you are still occassionally being attacked by the demons. According to St. Ignatius of Loyola, demons retreat from vigor, but mercilessly attack weakness. So you shouldn't unnecessarily weaken yourself at this point. Rather, get on the Suboxone, continue praying and wait until God shows you how to proceed. I'll pray for you.

If you want to you could try withdrawing with the help of Kratom. I'd advise you to also get a few days worth of a Benzodiazepine. The combination of those two should certainly make the withdrawal more bearable. If it's still too hard, you can use the Kratom for the transition from Tianeptine to Suboxone.

pbuilder said:
You are obviously mentally ill dude... Of course you won't believe that, because crazy people don't believe that they are crazy. That's the definition of insanity. No you are not possessed. No other people in the psych ward are not possessed. No you aren't hearing demons. You are just really in need of psychiatric help my dude...
sekio said:
mmm, no, belief in phenomena that are agreed to be nonsense in this day and age is the sign of craziness. posession doesn't exist in a medically repicable sense, however delusions/schzioid thinking does. you may notice how many cases of exorcism have ended up in the New England Journal Of Medicine, just like faith healing never made it into the Lancet.

If I'm not mistaken he no longer hears voices and doesn't believe to be possessed. He merely doesn't think that his experience was one of mere psychosis and I think that's understandable if you look at his description. Anyways, if that is insanity, then most Christians would have to be considered in dire need of medical attention.

Last edited:
Hey man I am curious how you are doing and if you have been checking this thread at all lately. I have a solution for you to stop the tianeptine completely if you are still around I'd love to give you some advice that totally helped me. I know exactly what you are going through... That helpless feeling you have/had depending on where you are with your addiction at this point in time. I'd love to help you. Reply to this post if you are around. God is Great

What an entertaining thread. Clearly the guy isn't well...but some of you were rather callous in explicitly calling him "crazy". Granted, you guys weren't wrong .....but according to St Ignatius.....(joke). Still, some of you were rather silly in trying to argue with the guy (there is no winning that sort of argument).

I wonder what one would equate 5 grams of tianeptine to (in terms of opioid equivalency). With no recollection of ki values for the MOR for this compound, I'd guestimate 110mg of oxycodone....enough to produce full blown, relatively severe, opioid withdrawal. I am sure St. Ignatius would agree with me in that regard (hey...I never said I was above it, but you guys were a bit on the insensitive side).

Can someone tell me if detoxing off tianeptine is worse than suboxone? Like, 10 days of 300-400mg/day of tianeptine, or a month of 1mg/day sub? Please PM me, I really need some good advice from anyone with some experience!..

peolpe like you taking stupid doses and then going to the er when the shit hits the fan are what will get this substance banned quicker. taper down and suck it up.

id imagine 5 grams sodium salt is more like 500-1000mg oxy per day, the free acid cant be far off.

Hello there, im currently taking 10g tieneptine sodium daily! I too am SCARED of the withdrawls. PLEASE HELP

ironically i have the same fate as the original posthead 3 years ago,but i'm taking tieneptine to manage withdrawals from invega injection.
if i take 100mg of tianeptine a day after how many days should i expect wds from that stuff?
would it do any good if i skip a day every 3 days?

help guys