• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tianeptine blocking the effects of kratom?

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
As I've said in other posts, I use kratom regularly, usually with a few days abstinence per week to keep tolerance and withdrawals at bay. Recently I also started ordering tianeptine, in smaller amounts so as not to develop an addiction to THAT.

With my last order of tianeptine I planned on taking several days off kratom. However, I read -- and believed, as it made sense -- that the two syngergize very well. Temptation got the best of me and I purchased some kratom as well to try out the combination.

Not only did they not synergize, but the tianeptine seems to have blocked all effects of kratom. I then waited about 3-4 hours after tianeptine to dose the kratom. Still nothing. The next day I dosed the kratom in the morning and did not take tianeptine, and the kratom did its job. I tried several times and unless I waited 4-5 hours after the tianeptine, the effects of kratom were completely negated.

I found one single Reddit thread where someone claimed this was the case, just one. There is no mention of this anywhere else that I have found. To my knowledge, tianeptine does not have any antagonist properties that would negate the effects of kratom, so how is this possible?

The sodium form of tianeptine does induce a much stronger opioid effect than kratom does, for me at least. So, is it possible that this is the reason kratom's effects appear negated after a tianeptine dose? Or is there some kind of activity going on that we just don't understand? Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Using Tianeptine sulphate (prefer for longer duration and non-opiod anti-depressant effects that appears to be stronger with sulphate version) and it potentiates my kratom - this time I got a Yellow Vietnamese one, enjoying it a lot...:p

Maybe try a different strain? Also what if you take kratom first, and then add Tianeptine, an hour or so later (perhaps you'll be able to feel if it does indeed kill kratom high)?

And if you haven't already, try adding 400-800mg Agmatine to your kratom equations, it is mild but nice and I feel potentiation that is definitely stronger than placebo! %)

I did do it the other way around, taking the kratom first, and the tianeptine (sodium) at about 150mg just completely outweighed the kratom.

I will try it again with a different strain, and will definitely look into the agmatine. Never heard of it before...