• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine and Alcohol?

Wants2Nod

Bluelighter
I was supposed to go out with an old co-worker tonight; he blew me off, my wife had other plans already, so now I've got an evening to myself at home.

So, I figured I'd try my newly acquired tianeptine after work instead of my normal after work kratom dose. I took 48mg of tianeptine about 30 minutes ago. So far I'm pleasantly surprised by it; kind of feels somewhere between a -codone opiate and tramadol. Pretty nice for a legal and relatively cheap substance. I have a mild head buzz going, a bit stronger then the kratom I take daily, with a mild euphoria and noticeable mood lift. A bit of a body buzz, too.

I'd planned on drinking with said co-worker tonight, and the idea of a few (2-4) cold beers still sounds really good. I did a bunch of Googling and didn't find any significant reports of danger combining tianeptine with alcohol.

I'm a former heavy opiod user and current tramadol and kratom user - current use is 150mg of tramadol in the morning, and 30-40grams of kratom throughout the day. I'd say I have a 'moderate' opiod tolerance right now.

So, I think I'm going to wait another half hour or so to see if the tianeptine peaks any further, then try a beer and see how it goes. After that, I'll give myself a good 30 minutes between drinks to gauge my reaction.

Sound reasonable?

I know the dangers of combining opiods with alcohol; I don't plan on taking a massive dose of tianeptine and then drinking a six pack- I'm more interested in if anyone knows of any specific risk (ie, seizure) or liver, kidney, GI, neurological, etc bad interactions between tianeptine and good old King Ethanol.

Thanks in advance!

...and it feels like the tianeptine has completely worn off. That sure was quick. My kratom lasts at least a couple of hours and when I still had strong effects from tramadol, it'd last nearly half the day.

I'm not going to re-dose on it, either. Maybe next time I'll try 60 or 72mg. I'm not going any higher then that, if I don't get effects from those doses I'll consider this substance a loss (for me, at least).

Tianeptine has an uber short half life. Be careful, its not at "maintain-able" as kratom.

Since you are no beginner to opiates, Im sure you can determine whether its safe to drink.

Tianeptine has an uber short half life. Be careful, its not at "maintain-able" as kratom.

You got that right - not only are the effects a distant memory now, but I've got the sniffles and that general restlessness that I'm come to know so well. I'd read that the half life of this stuff was 2.5-3 hours...sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

Anyway, I was asking more along the lines of a particular toxic or other risk to tianeptine and ethanol, not about the classic CNS depression of opiods and alcohol. Some of the synthetic opiods have pretty weird behaviors in the body vs traditional opiods - thinking along the lines of tramadol or demerol or darvocet - was worried tianeptine might have it's own concerns.

Still haven't gotten around to having that beer - think I will now - along with a much needed dose of kratom.